"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:30:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This game needs more pointless money sinks  (Read 1951 times)

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
Re: This game needs more pointless money sinks
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 08:21:13 pm »

You missed the point completely, it's not SUPPOSED to be actually useful!  I'm talking random status icons that show off how rich you are.  As a loner, you probably wouldn't be able to afford these things, like... ever.  But Fonline2238 is supposed to be the 'factions mod', loners are fine (I'm usually a loner myself in this game), but they aren't exactly the focus of the game.

Leme throw a few examples of ways other online games have used this feature to take money out of the game:  WoW has plenty, not sure what the current situation is, but things like nether drakes, pets, etc.  Runescape made many without trying, like party hats, santa hats, homes etc. Everquest also had a ton, including your own house.

All had one thing in common, they were all wildly successful, and kept players wanting to play non stop for months (sometimes years) on end.  Not because the gameplay wasn't repetitive as shit (I mean all of them made you do the same shit over and over and over and over to get where you wanted) but they had achievements to work for, something that the current FOnline2238 definitely lacks
Amen

who the hell plays without awareness? in previous session there was some but in this? who's making char with less than 6 pe? i understand melee and hth has 1 but they got awareness anyway.
Checking everyone who has skin and who has not takes valuable time. Another example is using Town Preview.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
Re: This game needs more pointless money sinks
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 07:45:14 pm »

Well for those that have tons of caps if it isn't game altering I think whatever.  Just remember there are people out there who aren't rolling in caps, and probably won't be.  Some people don't like constantly doing slave runs for caps, or making a million spears, and unless you have tons of time, waiting at the shops sure don't get ya caps.  But if ya got em, blow em on something useless, least they won't be collecting dust.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.