"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 04, 2024, 12:02:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Changelog 26/01/13  (Read 46646 times)

JovankaB

Re: Changelog 26/01/13
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2013, 08:57:39 am »

I think the fact that it's hard to synchronize big teams might be actually good. I think swarms
have way too much advantage anyway and it was too easy for 15+ people to just wait on signal
to attack anytime, not even being in the game but on IRC/mumble. If a horde of players doesn't
play but can easily squash anyone who appears in town if told some people are there I think
it's not really that great.

Unless it's 2 swarms who wait each other, but really if one swarm dies they could be back in less
than 5 minutes with the same characters if they really wanted. But they don't want to because
loot is looted and enemies healed, which is exactly how it should be IMO. So don't blame idling.

2 spawns were moved away from towns so pvp apes who want to be efficient in returning will have
to make new spawn bases / tents. I suppose in Den it slowed down people a bit.

Maybe it will encourage players to make smaller independent teams that actually play together
inside the game. Of course it doesn't change anything for teams who are in town already, but still.

So far from what I checked, number of real players in game seems to be ~85-95% now, the rest
is multilogs and characters on [off]. Before it was ~70-85%. I'm assuming proxies aren't used much,
but I might be wrong. I will have to observe players a bit more to say something about it. But
there are also players with same IP so maybe it evens out in the end.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:31:24 am by JovankaB »

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2013, 11:27:08 am »

In order for this new system to work this game needs much more supervision from the part of gms.And that needs to be done so the so called  multilogers gets what they deserve.PERMABAN

JovankaB

« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2013, 11:32:13 am »

What would you need supervision for?

The best thing a cheater can do now is to keep multilogs hidden somewhere in unguarded
locations, which I don't think is very effective except for sneakers. And either they have
to use separate proxy for each character or never log off them, even for a second. It can
fail easily and would be clumsy to manage when fight starts.

Anyway, such people are much easier to detect, I will be banning PvP multilogs if I see any.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:45:26 am by JovankaB »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2013, 12:10:53 pm »

Well this kind of feature gives ability smaller teams enjoy (while they got only 1 or 2 pvp alts) PVP too, at cost of the shorter fights (Bigger gangs will come anyway in big numbers and will destroy enemy with no problem, but still - it is a fair fight, and the defending team got time to regroup while attackers are changing alts).
So I think this feature is really good, for a noob like me - who again starts adventure with PVP.
h

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2013, 12:37:43 pm »

The best thing a cheater can do now is to keep multilogs hidden somewhere in unguarded
locations, which I don't think is very effective except for sneakers. And either they have
to use separate proxy for each character or never log off them, even for a second. It can

Anyway, such people are much easier to detect, I will be banning PvP multilogs if I see any.

I see swarm squads hooked on proxies, kept in movement by external scripts and guarded by dedicated predator exterminator alts with mercs.

JovankaB

« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2013, 12:39:16 pm »

I see swarm squads hooked on proxies, kept in movement by external scripts and guarded by dedicated predator exterminator alts with mercs.

I will believe it when I see it.
Such stuff should be possible to notice by GMs online though, if it was common.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:00:28 pm by JovankaB »

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2013, 06:20:14 pm »

Yes true but in order to ban them a gm must be online.hence the supervision im talking about
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2013, 01:39:16 am »

Here's a crazy thought, how about the players who see or deal with gangs using such ridiculous methods to do TC or PvP combat, simply laugh your asses off at them over and over because of how pathetic they are to need to do something so crazy just to win.  Really if only a few gangs do that shit, everyone else can point and laugh at them, sure when those gangs do it they will probably win, but people won't care because they had to basically do some crazy shit just to win.  I think they are pathetic and childish if they have to do it, it's sort of the same with Ape power builds but way too many sheep jumped on that train for people laughing at them to matter.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

JovankaB

« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2013, 02:10:50 am »

Here's a crazy thought, how about the players who see or deal with gangs using such ridiculous methods to do TC or PvP combat, simply laugh your asses off at them over and over

Splendid idea! They surely will be ashamed of their methods once they hear our laughs ;)
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2013, 02:19:57 am »

Why idling time doesnt expire to players who are offline? To stay on the wm or in unsafe place is good idea for players who are online only. At least  when you have idling timer you shouldnt catch that stupid encounters when you are over some location!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2013, 02:39:53 am »

Splendid idea! They surely will be ashamed of their methods once they hear our laughs ;)
They're shameless as it is.  Us laughing at them is hardly going to deter them.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2013, 05:08:43 am »

I think that's what she meant lol, I could taste the sarcasm in her post.  Well we all know noobs gonna noob, if people have to go through all that trouble to win, they should go play Hello Kitty, it's more their speed. 
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Rage master

« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2013, 10:17:08 am »

This game is about pvp not quests or rpg projects.

JovankaB

« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2013, 10:21:50 am »

Nobody stops you from PvP and if you really think shooting people immediately
after login is so much fun, I guess you will simply have to logout in Hinkley.

If you are offline you don't risk anything so you shouldn't be able to magically
appear from nowhere and jump at anyone in towns in 5 seconds.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:28:17 am by JovankaB »

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2013, 10:30:07 am »

Nobody stops you from PvP and if you really think shooting people immediately
after login is so much fun, I guess you will simply have to logout in Hinkley.

If you are offline you don't risk anything so you shouldn't be able to magically
appear from nowhere and jump at anyone in towns in 5 seconds.
i like this system so much that u should do it to hinkley also ;D
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 32 queries.