"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 31, 2024, 03:19:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Changelog 26/01/13  (Read 47591 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Changelog 26/01/13
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2013, 09:55:25 pm »

its our fault that we have 5 waves and for example hawks have 2?
btw. for modoc you dont need so much alts, and we are not so numberous - try sometimes.
I am not necessarily blaming you, just pointing out what's going on.

It is dev's fault.  The fast relog change came out of freaking no where and ruined the game.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2013, 10:26:23 pm »

The fast relog change came out of freaking no where and ruined the game.
Fast relog change came as a response to engine bug, which could make any character impossible to log in until next server restart. So yea; not a solution anyone want or even like (including dev team), but better than make half of playerbase ("half", becouse some players experienced it often, and some never had any problems with that) unable to play.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2013, 11:09:42 pm »

Fast relog change came as a response to engine bug, which could make any character impossible to log in until next server restart. So yea; not a solution anyone want or even like (including dev team), but better than make half of playerbase ("half", becouse some players experienced it often, and some never had any problems with that) unable to play.

Ok thanks, noone to today dont tell us reason for fastrelog. But its still sad

JovankaB

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2013, 11:12:39 pm »

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2013, 11:21:40 pm »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,26626.msg226216.html#msg226216

Funny hiden somewhere in topic with another name. So what about adding timer after die? It will be nothing for crafters but it will help pvp.

Mouse

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2013, 11:37:55 pm »

Funny hiden somewhere in topic with another name. So what about adding timer after die? It will be nothing for crafters but it will help pvp.
I think this could work. Adding 1-3 minute timer after death (you cant log on another character) would affect only pvp.

AtomicWrangler

• Ego Slayers
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2013, 11:46:33 pm »

1-3 minute timer after death (you cant log on another character) would affect only pvp.
This...would be really nice.
Hasteland is warch
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2013, 11:53:02 pm »

I think this could work. Adding 1-3 minute timer after death (you cant log on another character) would affect only pvp.

thats good idea. Not affect crafting. It could balance pvp +1 for mouse

avv

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2013, 12:10:05 am »

Bypassed by having a dual log fighter logged in, waiting over worldmap.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2013, 12:34:35 am »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,26911.msg230843.html#msg230843

You can search for these kind of things actually, but yeah some global announcement topic for such hot topics would be great, like "hey, something is not working anymore and won't anytime soon, because it is this kind of problem, sorry for the inconvenience." Of course it would be a sticky topic and people could check it and don't inquire about the same problem countless times.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,22221.msg184030.html#msg184030

Players won't accept such solutions because they have flaws, though If you ask me, anything is better than current situation. I'd rather face relatively small cells of cheaters and deal with them than continue to play in current fashion.

There are considered "better" solutions to some extent, but with the same flaws, so there is utterly no chance for such type of system to take place unless you persuade some higher beings here, like the developers, but I assure it is close to impossible.

This is a lot easier to detect and enforce rules, thought yeah I know I know, not perfect, not good enough. But you have to imagine banning some, for example, four full level capped characters on world map while fighting is happening in city, that pain. :)

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2013, 01:20:43 am »

I feel sorry for these players, so much extremes for a pissing contest.
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2013, 10:20:57 am »

Besides isn't dual-log still against the rules?  I know proxies and such make it hard to spot, but if they basically have to break the rules to get things done they sorta fail hardcore.  I did a search on fast relog forever ago never came up with that topic, so I agree that serious breaks in game like that should find a place more near the surface.  But FR is bad everyone knows. 

The gravedigging is an interesting filler thing, can't wait for other issues to be addressed.  Love the new item displays for tooltip, all the data in one click.

The whole "Because someone else did it, now we can or Have to." is arguably one of the biggest issues in the game, that leads to some of the major problems.  Someone chose to make a powerbuild to dominate in pvp, now everyone has to to even compete, A gang made a FR army to do TC now others have to, someone camps every known Traveller spawn so now you have to.  Gangs and people have alts farming mines well now everyone needs em to get stuff.  It's sadly the nature of the beast.  Given the choice 98% of people won't chose the harder path, no matter what it does to the eventual enjoyment of the game.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:36:56 am by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2013, 11:11:30 am »

Besides isn't dual-log still against the rules?

Its legit, just not in towns while fight is happening.

JovankaB

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2013, 11:16:43 am »

It's against rules in any situation when it's used to gain a direct advantage against other player(s).
It happens when a GM says you did it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:20:09 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2013, 02:16:56 pm »

It happens when a GM says you did it.
This is an absolutely epic statement :D

btw you could update http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,1709.0.html
sometimes, to avoid confusion..

though, when I read something like post above, then I just come to conclusion - "nvm"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 24 queries.