"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:29:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Make advanced materials craftable at regular bench  (Read 1073 times)

Make advanced materials craftable at regular bench
« on: January 25, 2013, 01:19:33 am »

It's annoying having to mine, go to adv work bench, get the mats down to a reasonable carry weight, get the rest of the mats, go back to advanced workbench, craft. Should be able to make advanced metals and ores at home and bring them to the adv workbench to craft, doing it both times just makes for a lot of pointless running around.

Re: Make advanced materials craftable at regular bench
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:15:13 am »

Or make advanced bench is available at base with high cost
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 02:54:57 am »

HQ Benches were made so people LEAVE their bases, and made in PUBLIC locations so there will always be RISK!
Or something like that.

I like the idea of being able to do this, would allow you to get to the bench, craft and get out.
And most items that need HQ still need to be made at that bench anyway.

Kinda like with that little workbench you can make on the campfire, can refine ores but can't do much else.

The downside being less time spent at the bench. Less time there = less risk, as one may see it.

But at least i could make my Super Sledges. Unless it gets nerfed that is.
Everything must change.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 08:43:26 am »

The previous wipes were just fine with not having a whole new place to make higher items.  The fact that you need not only blueprints, but to go halfway around the world to craft things is just really a downer, people basically still do what they did before, they just do it with weaker gear.  Making the Advanced bench more available won't kill the game anymore than it is, it might actually make it a bit nicer.  I understand the risk thing, but there is still the risk because you have to Get the materials in the first place.  The biggest thing the new bench and its associated nonsense has changed in the game is there are less people camping guarded mines and more camping benches, and even then it's less than previous seasons because way less people are bothering to craft.  :o  The whole craft/gather system needs tweaking, (not to mention repair)
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 10:58:13 pm »

I approve of this suggestion; having to go to an advanced bench to refine HQ ores and minerals feels like an extra step for the sake of having an extra step.

I don't get the devs whole socialization / risk theory anyhow since there's already a chance for loss when you're mining and wearing the finished product. More risk means I'll avoid certain mines, only go to the adv. bench at certain times, and use the equipment only in encounters I can calculate to win.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 08:46:08 am »

I approve of this suggestion; having to go to an advanced bench to refine HQ ores and minerals feels like an extra step for the sake of having an extra step.

I don't get the devs whole socialization / risk theory anyhow since there's already a chance for loss when you're mining and wearing the finished product. More risk means I'll avoid certain mines, only go to the adv. bench at certain times, and use the equipment only in encounters I can calculate to win.

Exactly that's really it right there, the more risk factor for less valuable stuff means that people will just stop using it.  The social aspects of this game are limited as it is, and there is risk Everywhere you go, adding more steps to things does just seem like filler.  (stated perfectly "an extra step for the sake of having an extra step")
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 05:39:13 pm »

Agree. The risk is still there with gathering and then crafting the final product. Trokanis has an excellent point about people not using certain places due to the risk involved. I personally will never enter the redding mine for mats, or the gun runners to craft. It just isnt worth the risk of dying when i can easily go to gecko to mine and mariposa to craft.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.336 seconds with 23 queries.