Author Topic: Vars  (Read 2839 times)

Vars
« on: January 24, 2013, 08:10:58 pm »
Can someone point me to the easiest example of vars in the sdk whit use of a dialog?

I just wanna do a simple quest for now. You talk whit one guy (take the quest), talk whit other NPC (change the local variable). And talk again whit the first one to finish the quest. But I don't really know how to start. I was looking in _vars.fos but don't understand it too good. And I don't know how to setup variable and attach it to dialogs.

Thx for help
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:17:19 pm by Fleczer »

The Scars

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: Vars
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 10:13:15 pm »
Maybe this one can help a bit?
Games are meant to be created, not played...

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 11:28:59 pm »
Big THX for this and authors of this tutorial.

The Scars

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 08:13:38 am »
Big THX for this and authors of this tutorial.

+1

I wish I had found this earlier.

;D
Iguana Pete's sister

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 09:46:53 am »
Maybe there should be a sticky topic where the users can submit links to tutorials related to FOnline development... that way it will be easier for a newcomer to find the information he needs, don't you think?

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 12:34:36 pm »
It's very good idea.

The Scars

JovankaB

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 01:12:27 pm »
Except of of this PDF and some old docs which are in SDK already I don't know about
any SDK tutorial in English. I tried to start SDK wiki long time ago (on wikia) but the
idea failed, because I had too little knowledge about SDK back then. And now I'm not
interested in working on it anymore because I have better things to do. I still think
wiki would be the best way to make SDK documentation although wikia probably is
a poor choice.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:17:12 pm by JovankaB »

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 02:18:37 pm »
Except of of this PDF and some old docs which are in SDK already I don't know about
any SDK tutorial in English. I tried to start SDK wiki long time ago (on wikia) but the
idea failed, because I had too little knowledge about SDK back then. And now I'm not
interested in working on it anymore because I have better things to do. I still think
wiki would be the best way to make SDK documentation although wikia probably is
a poor choice.

Actually a wiki full of tutorials for FOnline is not such a bad idea... maybe then the more experienced "developers" could share their knowledge and maybe a reward system could be added to stimulate people who write original and worthwhile tutorials. Tutorials should have categories such as Basics,Scripting,Mapping,Graphics and ecc... and of course we need someone to moderate and to host the wiki. It would be perfect to have all the knowledge in just 1 place.. and not scattered across dozens of forums...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:20:19 pm by Gob »

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 02:23:11 am »
I've been sort of doing that for a while. Theres pretty much a full guide here to make your own game.