"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:26:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Return to the old junk/e parts and mining system  (Read 2873 times)

Return to the old junk/e parts and mining system
« on: March 26, 2010, 11:06:05 pm »

Under the new system it becomes very difficult and dangerous to get mats for entry level weapons. Searching ruins for junk and e parts is long, dangerous and not very obvious how to go about it. Having set mining locations guarantees that the crafting tables in the nearby towns will always be overcrowded and makes faction benches less useful.

Re: Return to the old junk/e parts and mining system
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 12:22:27 am »

Perhaps have temporary mines appear and disappear all over the map in addition to the fixed ones.

For the junk/e-parts, just have Scrounger Perk, Scav Class, caravan junk traders, etc. as in my other post.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 12:24:52 am »

The only mine that is crowded, is the NCR mining site. So your argument looks somewhat void.

Also, so far I just see good things regarding the new mining stuff. People meet each other more, it gives a better feeling, you can come more around, etc... it's not as simple anymore than it was before.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 12:33:10 am »

The only mine that is crowded, is the NCR mining site. So your argument looks somewhat void.

Also, so far I just see good things regarding the new mining stuff. People meet each other more, it gives a better feeling, you can come more around, etc... it's not as simple anymore than it was before.

I said the bench was crowded not the mine.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 12:56:53 am »

Geeeeeesh, i bet i sound fucking retarded, but am i the only one witouth any problems since the wipe? I havent been in NCR and i dont know how it looks there, but i use  Klamath and few others in the north. Only one ive met some people in was klamath mine. Im overloaded with junk and got enough EP's. All i can say is, i guess YOURE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 01:01:36 am by Quentin Lang »
I give a fuck.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 01:02:46 am »

Yes, lets wait till people learn the system. We aren't going back
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 01:49:41 am »

Considering I quit the game prior to this wipe because gathering was way too boring, I am impressed with the current system, where you need to go to specific squares to find resources, but it is barely noticeable once you get used to it. Not to mention the paranoia when going mining and possibility dying, even if it takes 2min to get a new sledgehammer.  :P (I live in the north) Though I do admit when I started it took me 3 hours to find where to get junk, so mostly it was the lack of info that made this transition difficult.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 01:53:47 am »

Geeeeeesh, i bet i sound fucking retarded, but am i the only one witouth any problems since the wipe? I havent been in NCR and i dont know how it looks there, but i use  Klamath and few others in the north. Only one ive met some people in was klamath mine. Im overloaded with junk and got enough EP's. All i can say is, i guess YOURE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!

/agree  the bench in NCR is crowded... go to junktown

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 06:25:38 am »

Geeeeeesh, i bet i sound fucking retarded, but am i the only one witouth any problems since the wipe? I havent been in NCR and i dont know how it looks there, but i use  Klamath and few others in the north. Only one ive met some people in was klamath mine. Im overloaded with junk and got enough EP's. All i can say is, i guess YOURE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!

Count another retard freak then - me. I've been in NCR once - make a "leather jacket" quest, then I left and settled down near Hub. I saw a man near Hub's bench once - even in Junktown you have more people at workshop area.

I fall my knees and beg - do nothing with new mining and gathering system, especially do not turn it back to the old one. Let's wait, I already like it a lot, you can meet someone at mining camp, meet something while scavenging for junk (and die there either), there is always something to do.

And you making your gunz and bulletz slower? Go play Sims Quake, there is no cooldown time after taking rocket launcher.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 06:28:17 am by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 11:12:46 am »

I fall my knees and beg - do nothing with new mining and gathering system, especially do not turn it back to the old one. Let's wait, I already like it a lot, you can meet someone at mining camp, meet something while scavenging for junk (and die there either), there is always something to do.
Count me on that too. This crafting system is uncomparable to the old one in a good way. Specific locations for mining, junk gathering. Its made only better.
I give a fuck.

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 12:22:41 pm »

I say a big NO to Roachor's idea. At first I was annoyed by the new system, but then I found it climatic and likeable, this game become even more postapocalyptic now! About the workbench in NCR, well what the hell can you expect from the most crowded city in the whole goddamn world? There are tons of people, thieves, bandits and other scum... all jut waiting for your precious stuff. Just how postatpocalyptic big city should look.

Blubber we miss You!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 12:32:34 pm »

Hell no to this idea.

With new mining you can dig ore 4x more ore than pre-wipe with the same time. Then you can go play for 20 minutes, killing mobs, taking quest or smth. Pre-wipe? Dig, wait 5 minutes, dig, wait 5 minutes....

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 01:37:26 pm »

I love the new mining system and the NCR workbench can easily be fixed, they already added one more bench (but sorry its in a bad place :P it only allows one more to craft :( )

got no bad thoughts about it actually...
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 03:42:44 pm »

well, if you could remove the cooldown of scavenging things off the ground, would be useful...
i got killed yet again, while waiting for the cooldown to get reduced while gathering junk in one of the ruins...
i dont find any realism in waiting to be able to gather more of lootable things like flint, xander root, junk etc...
it hard enough to find those now not to mention that when you got them, people come and kill you for junk... thats ridiculous
ĐαгҲ!Đ٤™
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 06:53:27 pm »

I'm getting used to it.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 22 queries.