"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:53:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Throwing Build  (Read 1700 times)

Throwing Build
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:32:56 am »

Hello everyone! First of all I want to say this is a great game, I am impressed great job developers.
Anyway I want to play with throwing build to use knifes and grenades it's fun but I don't know where to start. I would like if it's possible to make a lot of critical but to have a decent amount of health if I ever wanna do PvP. This is how I made up tell me if it's wrong and post your better builds if you want to help a new player! :)
S 6
P 6
E 10
C 1
I 2
A 6
L 10
Fast shot and Small frame, Throwing, First Aid and traps until 50% information from wiki (for profession to make grenades)
Bonus rate of fire and then it should cost only 2 action points to throw a knife or is it better to go for aiming head or eyes?
Re: Throwing Build
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:41:57 am »

Some of my opinion
- 5 ST is enough
- 6 AG is too low, should 10

If you want to PvP, try silent death sneaker, high HP do not help you
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 09:58:44 am »

fast shot with knives doesn't do enough damage, go for aimed

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 10:10:56 am »

This is my build, for knives + silent death
I choose SF + Skilled.
INT 8 is still enough, so you can drop Small Frame and choose another perk
Please comment it for me , pro

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 11:53:06 am »

Does weapon handling increases throwing range also or not? Instead of one hander maybe finesse? Wait I just read that heave ho can exceed weapon's range which is awesome! Then those perks is a must take, only if something is changed in the game? I read it on nituenet character planner can somebody confirm this?
Edit image new build post opinions please
If weapon handling works with increasing throwing range I would go with 3STR and instead of more critical take weaponhandling and put 10 endurance for more hp

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:15:32 pm by Ryuk »

shenbei8

• Science: 300%
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 12:38:32 pm »

hey, bro, im .xxxxx. 

well, i recommand u make AG to 10, ST 5, IN 1
-------------辐射2的发烧友.骨灰级玩家--------------

-----------------生化危机忠实粉丝----------------

--------------- 产品设计师 室内设计师-------------
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 12:42:17 pm »

different site

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 01:02:26 pm »

non drugged thrower, if you're going with a thrower build then id suggest you go with this one
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 01:12:12 pm »

thanks but thats not much critical with my build you have 95% chance in the eyes for critical and you can even throw 6 hexes more. yes that build has more hp that is really nice

Edit: thanks everybody i have decided. you can lock topic
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:22:27 pm by Ryuk »
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 03:24:47 pm »

it is all about silent death, and if you're going up for sneaker then 12 perception is must have. unless you wanna be eaten by other sneakers before you even see them. then go ahead.
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 07:01:11 pm »

Does weapon handling increases throwing range also or not? Instead of one hander maybe finesse? Wait I just read that heave ho can exceed weapon's range which is awesome! Then those perks is a must take, only if something is changed in the game? I read it on nituenet character planner can somebody confirm this?
Edit image new build post opinions please
If weapon handling works with increasing throwing range I would go with 3STR and instead of more critical take weaponhandling and put 10 endurance for more hp

http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Weapon_handling no, WH does not affect range ST checks.

Knife_cz

• Ah yes 'Reapers'. Get out of here stalker.
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 08:11:01 pm »

Shouldn't there be more strenght for thrower? I mean more strenght = further throwing range, right?
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 09:01:24 pm »

You only get more range up to a certain point. That point is 5 ST, after that your range cannot increase. Two Heave Ho will give you an additional 6 hexes, but only if you have 5 ST or more. So 5 is optimal.

Finesse isn't so good unless you intend to cripple with the knives, I certainly wouldn't use it with grenades. Even with 85% to eyes, you will crit often enough, and won't have that +30 DR to the target. 

I would suggest

5 6 8 1 1 10 10
Small Frame/One Hander
Tag Throwing, First Aid, Traps

More Crit
Heave Ho
Even More Crit
Heave Ho
Lifegiver
Better Criticals
Bonus Rate Of Fire
Lifegiver+

180 throwing
50 traps
FA all other points

218 HP, 10 AP

If you want a drug build, adjust SPECIAL accordingly.

You will have to wait until the last minute on the perks or you can't take them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:32:34 pm by Wind_Drift »
Iguana Pete's sister

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 09:57:03 pm »

Shouldn't there be more strenght for thrower? I mean more strenght = further throwing range, right?
http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Throwing

Each ST point increases your maximum range by +3 hexes. (So with 5 ST you have throwing range of 15 hexes, which is enough for most of the weapons.Exception being Throwing Knife [16] and Holy Hand Grenade  [20])

Heave Ho! perks increase your maximum throwing range over the throwing weapon limits, up to 6 hexes.

Note that the ST required written on throwing weapons is not related to throwing range, but rather to throwing skill and hit chance.You looses 20% for each ST you are missing from the required.

shenbei8

• Science: 300%
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 05:27:23 am »

it's time to call all throwers to hinkley, make it 1 vs 1 PK, and see who is best :D
-------------辐射2的发烧友.骨灰级玩家--------------

-----------------生化危机忠实粉丝----------------

--------------- 产品设计师 室内设计师-------------
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.