"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 06:39:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Need help with editing crosshairs  (Read 1660 times)

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
Need help with editing crosshairs
« on: January 20, 2013, 06:30:28 pm »

So, converting frm to gif and vice versa is the easy part, as well as making a new custom crosshair but my problem is when I try to use a new crosshair; its "hotspot" is not in the center of the crosshar but rather on the horizontal middle and vertical lowest point of the image. Just so were clear, I'm using the same dimensions of the crosshair image (that is ACTTOHIT.frm) as the original.

How do I get the hotspot on both middle of horizontal and vertical (center of the pic)?
SECTION 8

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
Re: Need help with editing crosshairs
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:40:21 pm »

I figured it out in the meantime so if there is anyone interested in solution hear me out...  :)

When I make conversion frm>gif and then gif>frm, obviously some of the data is lost in the conversion, and FRM files seem to have some kind of offset (which is btw lost in the conversion). So I downloaded Frame Animator 2.51 from NMA, opened my freshly made crosshair, and then what you need to do is press Ctrl+D (set frame offset) and set the offset of Y axis to half of the vertical dimensions (so if the image is 20x20, you set Axis Y offset to 10, leave Axis X offset to 0). Problem solved.

I guess it has to be done with almost every modified graphic (scenery etc)...

EDIT: Is it possible, and if it is, is there any tutorial on how to insert transparent graphic as a cursor?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:04:34 am by Bego »
SECTION 8
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 18 queries.