"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 30, 2024, 11:19:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Where I can farm small energy cells?  (Read 5038 times)

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
Re: Where I can farm small energy cells?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 01:26:08 pm »

Is it on "both" or RT? Not that I really tested that either.
Both "both" and RT settings are exactly the same.

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 01:41:27 pm »

if the ones who creates encounter has it in tb then its tb.same with rt.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 02:09:47 pm »

When you have the both option your encounters are in rt, but you can enter also tb encounters made by other players
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 07:15:50 pm »

you're implying that playing in rt wont drop you into tb encounter of another player? thats wrong i think, i am playing RT all the time and i falled into tb trap many times.

set it to rt and you'll never fall into a tb encounter, only both does that

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 07:42:07 pm »

set it to rt and you'll never fall into a tb encounter, only both does that
Wrong-a-mungo. I have tested this theory myself and you most definitely CAN.
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 08:23:31 pm »

Wrong-a-mungo. I have tested this theory myself and you most definitely CAN.

Well I haven't gotten a tb encounter in over a year, if it doesn't work like that then I guess you guys are just exaggerating the dangers of tb traps.

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 04:30:51 pm »

Well unless they changed it, it was that no matter what mode you had it set to if you got drawn into an encounter established by another player, you were stuck with their mode, be it TB, or RT.  I know I've been dropped in both so I don't know what to tell ya.  But making SEC is pretty fast, you got Waterworks, and V15 plus some time at the mines (however at least Junktown mine is devoid of ore so I can't promise it's faster than farming it)
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 06:41:51 pm »

Well I haven't gotten a tb encounter in over a year, if it doesn't work like that then I guess you guys are just exaggerating the dangers of tb traps.
Same here, i did not have a single TB encounter since i witched to RT in the config. And that's since the last wipe.
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 06:50:56 pm »

Both modesReal-timeTurn-based
Both modesyesyesyes
Real-timeyesyesno
Turn-basedyesnoyes
Yes, it's really that simple. You will never fall into a TB encounter if you switch it to RT.
As you can see, your statement is false.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:52:41 pm by Kelin »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 06:54:21 pm »

I used all of the 3 settings this session and found only 1 TB enc.

So I do too think the dangers are exaggerated.

As you can see, your statement is false.
My bad.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:55:53 pm by Mike Crosser »
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 06:19:49 pm »

Yes, it's really that simple. You will never fall into a TB encounter if you switch it to RT.As you can see, your statement is false.

While the scientific evidence you present by quoting a diagram made by yourself seems overwhelming, I'm afraid reality shows a different story.

If you're set to TB only, you still hit forced RT encounters with players in it.
So as far as I can tell, the diagram you present is faulty.

Although I must admit I have never been forced into a TB encounter while being set to RT.
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 07:12:32 pm »

If you're set to TB only, you still hit forced RT encounters with players in it.
So as far as I can tell, the diagram you present is faulty.
You can never encounter RT encounters if you set TB mode on your client. How do you know those "RT" encounters were really RT? You asked players who made them? You believed them? You sure they knew? I am sure all those "RT" encounters were in fact both modes encounters because guess what, both modes means real-time with possibility to meet other types of encounters, regardless if you are on WM or inside an encounter, you will just suck everybody in no matter the mode.
While the scientific evidence you present by quoting a diagram made by yourself seems overwhelming, I'm afraid reality shows a different story.
I made extensive testing on these encounter type modes, after that I published this chart. I doubt you have conducted any testing on this topic, so unless you come with some proof where you show my chart isn't working, you can stop confusing other players and keep your reality for yourself.
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 06:49:16 am »

Simple test, have someone set their combat to specifically RT, and then someone else set only to TB, and have one use a radio while IN combat and home in, and enter.  See what happens.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 08:11:33 am »

You can never encounter RT encounters if you set TB mode on your client. How do you know those "RT" encounters were really RT? You asked players who made them? You believed them? You sure they knew? I am sure all those "RT" encounters were in fact both modes encounters because guess what, both modes means real-time with possibility to meet other types of encounters, regardless if you are on WM or inside an encounter, you will just suck everybody in no matter the mode.

I guess I stand corrected. In my haste and blindness to my own beliefs, I misread the consequences of your graph.

So it is possible to get sucked into a "both" encounter when I'm set to TB. Still, if the encountered people are set to "both" and that specific encounter is happening in RT, the result is the same. TB people ending up in RT (in reality "both") encounter.

Not trying to confuse anyone, but as far as I can see people are confused anyway.
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 12:21:28 pm »

People are confused because they don't see the difference between both and RT, many think it's the same and my chart should help them understand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.