"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:32:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Me think out loud  (Read 2899 times)

Re: Me think out loud
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 03:58:10 pm »

It was something in the original games to give you a bit of backlash of playing a low Int character while making the game not entirely unplayable.  Try talking to Tor with a low Int that's funny shit.  Personally you built your character with low Int, face the consequences, Wasteland is Harsh.  Don't like it, give em more Int.  Banging on the "It doesn't make sense." Drum is one of the worst excuses, Most the stuff in game don't make sense.  You can't argue reality here, and ignore it there, just cause it suits your purpose.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:00:17 pm by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 04:39:43 pm »

Shush, or some crazy dev might implement replacing player actions with idiotic actions for low INT :>

Do it, I want a retard bomber with 1 int.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 10:50:03 pm »

I like it.But the yolo part might be a bit weird at times
for example:"what?YOLO","who are you?YOLO","I am dave YOLO"

A few suggestions for word filter:
Robot - Robit
NCR - bomb/burst town
Gun/rifle/shotgun - boomstick
what - wat
stupid - stoopid
For high int characters
wtf - what on earth
holy shit - good lord
gun - firearm
bomb - explosive
FA - i require medical attention
doc- is there a doctor here?
stupid - unintelligent
damn it - bloody hell
fuck - bugger
go on - please continue
car - vehicle
booze - alcohol

JovankaB

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 11:07:28 pm »

radio - talking box
car - vroom vroom
gecko - stinker town
ncr - big city
modoc - moo moo town
glowing - shiny
glow - bad hole
knife - sharp thingy
hammer, sledge - rock smasher, head smasher
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:22:23 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 11:21:42 pm »

*list*

Be carefull though, in some context these words will produce stupid results:

I have a high I need medical attention skill.
Thanks is there a doctor here ?
This can't please continue like this.

And so on... are you sure you want the high intelligence to do that ?
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 02:28:08 am »

Like that one time t888 posted bluesuit abuse "Yoo harr cominj with me"

Quite annoying feature, not that it needs to be removed, but these kind of messages should have the option to disable them, the stupid language. Sometimes it is quite irritating to talk to someone. Game mechanics promote low intelligence characters, their just simply effective and I really don't want to sound like an idiot in chat, because of how the game is made.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 11:25:00 am »

Be carefull though, in some context these words will produce stupid results:

I have a high I need medical attention skill.
Thanks is there a doctor here ?
This can't please continue like this.

And so on... are you sure you want the high intelligence to do that ?
Hmmm good point.
I guess I didn't think through some of them.
My bad.
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 03:37:07 pm »

Quite annoying feature.
No pain, no gain.
Just think about it like this: If someone is retard, how come his words are idiotic but his actions are not? Shouldn't a dumb guy do something stupid every now and then? Like pay 10000 caps in shop instead of 1000?
My guess is, Intelligence is more of a learning ability in game rather than the other traits of a mind. The skill points gain can justify such point of view.
Following this, one can assume that if person has problems with comprehension and learning speed, it doesn't mean that such person will be less adequate or skilled in specific field than average guy, it will just take much longer time for such person to learn something. And ofcource such person would have lower limits for learning than high intelligence person (skillpoints again).
What I am leading to is, low intelligence people (supposedly) weren't engaged enough in conversations during their youth due to various reasons thus the disability.
But this theory has a problem though, raising speech skill with low intelligence does not improve the characters vocabulary, but then again I can guess that speech skill is on more how you say things and not what you say.
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
irc V_guessWho
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 04:37:36 pm »

No pain, no gain. My guess is, Intelligence is more of a learning ability in game rather than the other traits of a mind. The skill points gain can justify such point of view.
Following this, one can assume that if person has problems with comprehension and learning speed, it doesn't mean that such person will be less adequate or skilled in specific field than average guy, it will just take much longer time for such person to learn something. And ofcource such person would have lower limits for learning than high intelligence person (skillpoints again).
What I am leading to is, low intelligence people (supposedly) weren't engaged enough in conversations during their youth due to various reasons thus the disability.
But this theory has a problem though, raising speech skill with low intelligence does not improve the characters vocabulary, but then again I can guess that speech skill is on more how you say things and not what you say.

Also speech is tied to understanding the reactions you will get based on How you're speaking to the person.  Kind of like Gauging their reactions, rather than proper syntax. 

This is what happens when you dump points outta Int though, so it's the price you pay for your ape builds guys.  Wasteland is Harsh.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 01:37:17 pm »

No pain, no gain. My guess is, Intelligence is more of a learning ability in game rather than the other traits of a mind.

Then it should be the speech skill that should govern the "retarded" language. That would be realistic in a good way: Are people suffering from cerebral palsy retards ? Bluntly, they can sound like it, but they are not. Just like mute or stammers. So instead of hammering that on low Int, low charisma (or low speech) should take the lead on the speech problem, and of course, a small bonus for very low int characters (inferior to 3, if they have also a low charisma, then hell should rain down on their ability to speak).

And thinking back to what I said earlier: the modifications for high int should apply for high int with low charisma/speech skill: after all, they make laspuses.
In the game though, intelligence is like Wire said: it's almost only the ability to learn -if it was not for the retarded autocorrect-.

There's something wrong with the perks that goes along with intelligence though:
Educated -> Education both improves and restrain our ability to learn; we learn within the box; we should not be able to use those points at will, they should automatically be attributed more or less randomly.
Swift learner -> If intelligence is our ability to learn fast, intelligence should also govern how many XP we get: either make 5 int the average and above or below increases/decrease the received XP (10=150% 1=50% // for a mutated molerat: 10=450xp 1=150xp); or make 10 being the basis: 10=100% 5=50% or 75% 1= 10 or 50%).
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 07:03:50 pm »

Speech would be bad, only slavers and noobs with Chosen One builds wouldn't speak like morons.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.