"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:36:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Me think out loud  (Read 2892 times)

Me think out loud
« on: January 16, 2013, 08:45:59 am »

Wai done me talk so strange.

Ok guys, I get it. Low intelligence makes you talk like a retard. It adds to the fun (for me personally). But why must it effect your spelling like a maniac on every drug and liquor?

It gust doesn't mace sense. Wai kan't me qnow how to pronounce words like joinj [ed. going]?

My suggestion is, stick with the grammar mistakes and changing words like "I" to "me", "do" to "done", abbreviations like "fa" to "stich me" and leaving out words like "a" completely. I love it. Even if sometimes it makes no sense at all, it's all good fun. Maybe add some more grammar mistakes.
But the spelling errors are just plain annoying. In combination with the bad grammar, everything goes to shit.

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
Re: Me think out loud
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:05:26 am »

I agree. It messes up pvp sometimes.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 03:28:27 pm »

I find it funny,there is nothing quite like to deminish your victory.
Like that one time t888 posted bluesuit abuse "Yoo harr cominj with me"
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 06:46:27 pm »

My only complaint is that in original FO games INT 3 made you a retard and not 4.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 08:39:42 am »

My suggestion is, stick with the grammar mistakes and changing words like "I" to "me", "do" to "done", abbreviations like "fa" to "stich me" and leaving out words like "a" completely. I love it. Even if sometimes it makes no sense at all, it's all good fun. Maybe add some more grammar mistakes.
But the spelling errors are just plain annoying. In combination with the bad grammar, everything goes to shit.
My only complaint is that in original FO games INT 3 made you a retard and not 4.

Starting from the end - slightly changed chance for replacing single word; compared to previously used, if anyone is curious:

IN 1IN 2IN 3IN 4
SDK100%80%60%30%
223895%80%60%20%

Replacements taken from predefined list (no automatic single-letter changes), with possibility to have few variations of one word, or removing it (used for "a", "an"). It's a tiny thing, so i'd put it on hold for few updates; maybe someone have some fitting ideas/own mistakes in that time, which could get use. Best if posted that way:

burst - dakdak, ratata, pew pew, dakka
train - choo-choo
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:45:48 am by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 08:47:09 am »

Suggestions:

Dog - Doggie

Ok - Oook

Should be a whole lotta inspiration in Thor's speech from original game.  ::)

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 08:55:46 am »

Should be a whole lotta inspiration in Thor's speech from original game.  ::)
Bit of players invention won't hurt anyone, maybe even make whole thing less annoying and more fun :P
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 09:49:11 am »

Maybe at INT 1 occasionally you could add 'YOLO' to the end of their sentences.  I know of no other word that makes someone look like a fucking retard.

Or change 'gear' or 'equipment' or 'armour' etc. to swag.

Might add a bit of danger to having INT 1 though...

This is the scenario I imagine:
Stupid player: "BRB Imma go get ma swag from ma tent. YOLO.
Friend Shoots Stupid Player in the eye for 299 damage.  Stupid Player was killed.
Friend:  "Sorry bro... I just couldn't let you live after saying that..."

And also, how bout a reverse?  8 9 10 int could change normal words to their intelligent equivalent, like "get" to "acquire" or "Go fuck yourself" to "Go fornicate with yourself"
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 10:35:12 am »

Bit of players invention won't hurt anyone, maybe even make whole thing less annoying and more fun :P

Brahmin = Moo Moo

Should be the most obvious one, also replacing gear for "swag" would be a fun way to make fun of douches and wiggers.

JovankaB

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 12:40:01 pm »

Maybe at INT 1 occasionally you could add 'YOLO'

I would stick to something that could be said by slow thinking person on wasteland.
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 12:43:59 pm »

Just a few suggestions:

Car - Broom Broom
Brahmin / Cow - MooMoo
GM - GodMan
Doctor - Medicine Man
BoS - Tin Men
Thanks - /e grunts with approval
Zone - Place
Tent - Skin Pile
Stim - Good Prick
Beer - Happy Juice
Jet - Fly Gas
Deathclaw - Knife Hands
Ants - Crawlers
Molerats - Hairy Scratchers
My - Mah
I / Me - [insert player name]

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 01:26:01 pm »

You guys really want devs to implement a word substitution lookup table to the input line parser?  Easily done, but to what end? 
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

avv

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 02:19:59 pm »

If anything, the word changes are good for spamming.
http://clip2net.com/s/2N9d4

But anyway, the intelligence having an effect on words is quite pointless feature. Some might consider it funny but with equal chance someone else might think it's dumb, but it's not even realistic. Just think about it like this: If someone is retard, how come his words are idiotic but his actions are not? Shouldn't a dumb guy do something stupid every now and then? Like pay 10000 caps in shop instead of 1000?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:25:56 pm by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 02:24:28 pm »

If anything, the word changes are good for spamming.
http://clip2net.com/s/2N9d4

Makes me wonder what kind of evil experiments you do alone in those Trapper Camps...

JovankaB

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 02:31:31 pm »

If someone is retard, how come his words are idiotic but his actions are not?

Shush, or some crazy dev might implement replacing player actions with idiotic actions for low INT :>
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 26 queries.