"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 28, 2024, 05:16:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: PVE merc leading  (Read 6263 times)

PVE merc leading
« on: January 14, 2013, 08:17:51 pm »

Hey there guys,i m looking for a build that can carry the largest/cheapest possible team of hth guys,for mid to low tier real time pve purposes.
Unfortunately i never had a leader this season and i really don t have the time for extensive testing.
Any advice...?Or even better,if you are willing to post your favourite that would be great.

Wiki is outdated and i find very discordant information with search button.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
Re: PVE merc leading
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:35:31 pm »

You need 10 in CH, and very much in speech. Mercenaries are very expansive.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:28:54 pm »

this is my "combat" merc leader...

take mentats and beer while buying 4th merc. can handle 4 unarmed mutants, scores nice crits with laser rifle and can use gatling laser.. 260hp is also nice.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:32:34 pm by racoon »
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 09:38:53 pm »

So i can handle the 4th mutie drugless after buying..?That s extremely nice,ty very much!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:18:04 am »

So i can handle the 4th mutie drugless after buying..?That s extremely nice,ty very much!

yes. my build has little too high strength and low action points, but you can just change that and everything will be nice. try remake it in nitue.net step after step to see how it evolves. lvl up with gatling on centaurs - its very fast
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 12:32:36 am »

yes. my build has little too high strength and low action points, but you can just change that and everything will be nice. try remake it in nitue.net step after step to see how it evolves. lvl up with gatling on centaurs - its very fast

I m trying to work out something about luck so i can get better mercs hp,something like

S3
P6
E6
C7
I9
A4
L6

Weapon handling,strong back,even more crit,better crit,bonus rate of fire,lg x2 for 190 hp,what do you think,does it get better..?1 aimed sniper rifle shot,better mercs thanks to average luck.

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 12:47:21 am »

I honestly don't think there is a "good" combat merc leader, but if you had to, I'd say racoon's is the best.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 12:49:17 am »

every single LUCK point gives around 10hp to your mercs. mutant mercs bought on my actual build has ~350HP. with 6 luck they will have around 400 i believe. They are tough enough with 350. i'd say its not worth to invest 5 special points into luck. also lvling up a sg merc leader will take much longer than ew + gatling

personally, in this build i have posted i would lover st to 5 and make endurance 10.. i dont know why didnt i do that...

yeah, there's no really good merc leader, thats why i've put "combat" in apostrophes.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:52:30 am by racoon »

Gimper

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 12:55:03 am »

every single LUCK point gives around 10hp to your mercs. mutant mercs bought on my actual build has ~350HP. with 6 luck they will have around 400 i believe. They are tough enough with 350. i'd say its not worth to invest 5 special points into luck. also lvling up a sg merc leader will take much longer than ew + gatling

personally, in this build i have posted i would lover st to 5 and make endurance 10.. i dont know why didnt i do that...

yeah, there's no really good merc leader, thats why i've put "combat" in apostrophes.
With the luck thing, does that go for companions too?
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 12:58:25 am »

With the luck thing, does that go for companions too?

player character luck has no affect on companions in any way. their hp comes with them while they respawn, and they HP gain/lvl is based on their endurance which is random. you can find 200hp companion which gets 1 hp/lvl, and minute later 95hp companion who gets 5hp/lvl.

anyway, in combat mercenaries are superior when compared to companions which are roulette.

with 1 luck unarmed mutants gets 3-4 hp/lvl. sometimes 5.

Gimper

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 01:01:24 am »

Interesting... Now i have to make a new slaver/merc leader... heheh..
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 01:48:30 am »

Another question,since you seem well informed>Why can t i change my human black guys hth merc their weapon..?Is that a feature..?They don t seem to like anything except their hammer...

And,as last one>do mercs respawn..?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 01:58:34 am »

The black merc might not have the necessary animations, that's why. (Though it might be something else, not 100% sure)

Mercs do not respawn.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 02:04:19 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 02:03:02 am »

I see,but also if i try to give anything to my mutie,he refuses.He is forced to be bare handed..?no power fist..?

Gimper

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 02:41:39 am »

Probobly just a glitch. Go to the bug tracker
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.