"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:25:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: increase level requirement for companions  (Read 2199 times)

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
Re: increase level requirement for companions
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 11:07:42 am »

No idea what players are asking, they want power-build stats for completely free Npc's?
Well, they aren't completely free, you have to level them yourself and feed them approx 10 times a day (well mercs have to be payed too, but there aren't many people that wouldn't buy mercs right before the fight). But yeah, i am not sure if they should be transformable into powerbuilds with perks, maybe if the perks would be chosen more or less randomly it could work...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 04:34:10 am »

Gimme back my level 14 (According to wipe) companion with 267 HP that was lost to some bug.

best companion with max laser rifle range and aimed and good criticals
Back In-Game :D
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 06:28:08 am »

Well avoiding the ability to go to the local mall and build-a-merc, perhaps just some better filters on the stats they can have when they spawn, something so you don't get the BG companion who's blind as a bat and can't even carry a leather jacket.  Without alt limits there will still be noobs taking them all, and I really don't like the level requirement idea, well at least not as high as 15, the 1 companion I have I got so that I could have someone with me while leveling, not after I leveled.  I wouldn't mind being able to give them perks especially if you set it with the requirements just like ours so if they don't have the stat or score they can't get the perk, I mean if they start with basic skills of say 65% in their mains, and only go up 5% a level (if you don't allow players to allocate points) you're not gonna end up with many uber builds. 

It's a tough thing to work out though, and it's only made worse because unless you make it so useless to players, people will just do what they do and take them all to camp them in a hotel room.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 22 queries.