Author Topic: (UPDATED-10-01-2013) Model Making.  (Read 5964 times)

Offline shenbei8

• Science: 300%
(UPDATED-10-01-2013) Model Making.
« on: January 10, 2013, 08:04:41 am »
well, i got some free time today, so i have made few 3D models and i render them as well.i have tried to reduce unnecessary parts that wont affect main outlooking. certainly, it's a bit difficult for me.  ::)

so..take a look. hope u will like it.

BTW, i will upload all my models in this topic.

i upload the original pictures first, so you can see clearly.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:20:07 am by shenbei8 »
-------------辐射2的发烧友.骨灰级玩家--------------

-----------------生化危机忠实粉丝----------------

--------------- 产品设计师 室内设计师-------------

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: (UPDATED-10-01-2013) Model Making.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 09:14:16 am »
Ahem... this stuff looks absolutely stunning, but please, how many polygons (or tris) a model of brain have? My guess, is that it's not less than 5 000. This amount of polygons (tris) would be fine for a car or a very complicated model of armor (such as power armor, which has about 3500 tris). Here in Fonline, the character's camera is about 30 meters away from the ground and the model is barely visible. This is why using such high-poly models would be a waste of the user's pc performance. 

A model of ball gag and a key is less or more fitting, though polycount could be reduced with no difference it the end.

To give you an image on how small the objects in a game, please take a look at this topic: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,26833.0.html Please note, that the picture is taken at maximum zoom, while in the game it would be 5 times smaller.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:17:07 am by Graf »

Offline shenbei8

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 09:30:08 am »
Ahem... this stuff looks absolutely stunning, but please, how many polygons (or tris) a model of brain have? My guess, is that it's not less than 5 000. This amount of polygons (tris) would be fine for a car or a very complicated model of armor (such as power armor, which has about 3500 tris). Here in Fonline, the character's camera is about 30 meters away from the ground and the model is barely visible. This is why using such high-poly models would be a waste of the user's pc performance. 

A model of ball gag and a key is less or more fitting, though polycount could be reduced with no difference it the end.

To give you an image on how small the objects in a game, please take a look at this topic: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,26833.0.html Please note, that the picture is taken at maximum zoom, while in the game it would be 5 times smaller.

that's very helpful,i will download it and check it,  thanks bro.

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:47:03 am »
Remember in many cases you can use texture for details, no need to model them all.
The brain is a good example where you could achieve a lot with texture, all the ridges could be simply painted.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:53:47 am by JovankaB »

Offline shenbei8

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 10:15:35 am »
Remember in many cases you can use texture for details, no need to model them all.
The brain is a good example where you could achieve a lot with texture, all the ridges could be simply painted.

yeah, i see.  u know designer always has obsession,so do i.   i will try to imporve some, thanks.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 03:02:56 pm »
Amazing models! Quality work right here!
This is indeed most excellent aside from the huge polygon count. Don't be afraid of making sharp edges - highly doubtful anyone will see them in regular gameplay (not talking about 400% zoom, regular 100%).
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 07:47:48 pm »
Shenbei8, you can always render your stuff from different perspectives and use the render pictures as textures for a low-poly mesh.

Search for "baking texture" and "retopo".

Also, i don't want to disappoint you, but the item models are done.

Offline shenbei8

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 02:08:57 am »
Shenbei8, you can always render your stuff from different perspectives and use the render pictures as textures for a low-poly mesh.

Search for "baking texture" and "retopo".

Also, i don't want to disappoint you, but the item models are done.

Lol, it's ok,because Graf did sent me a link of the missing item model which is i have sent in this topic, anyway I'm just interested in modeling and rendering, and I'm super fan of Fallout series,  Maybe later u will keen on one of my model , then you may try my model as well. :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:15:11 am by shenbei8 »

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 06:04:01 am »
As long as its not just imported, then why not? ;D
But seriously, the 3d objects are done. You could make some scenery, like rocks, cliffs, junk, destroyed walls and render them.
The polycount will no matter, so you even can sculpt them with Sculptrix. A fun tool, when you get into the interface.

Offline shenbei8

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 11:34:41 am »
As long as its not just imported, then why not? ;D
But seriously, the 3d objects are done. You could make some scenery, like rocks, cliffs, junk, destroyed walls and render them.
The polycount will no matter, so you even can sculpt them with Sculptrix. A fun tool, when you get into the interface.

I will try,  :)     Thanks for your comments.