Author Topic: Minigun and Avenger Minigun 3D models  (Read 6280 times)

Offline shenbei8

• Science: 300%
Minigun and Avenger Minigun 3D models
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:52:05 am »
well, i just checked those 3D weapons on Fonline2238 wiki, and those models arent similar enough compare to Fallout2 weapon pictures.  i think i am able to do something better for you.  :)

show some quick models.   Minigun and Avenger Minigun.  ;D

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:29:53 am by shenbei8 »
-------------辐射2的发烧友.骨灰级玩家--------------

-----------------生化危机忠实粉丝----------------

--------------- 产品设计师 室内设计师-------------

JovankaB

Nice, but for FOnline the models have to be low poly.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:01:24 am by JovankaB »

Offline shenbei8

thanks, so do u know the saving format ? Low poly I can try base on what format it is.

Well I think I knew what format it is. Thanks
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:31:07 am by Graf »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Actually, all weapon models has been finished and imported in the game already, but if you're good in texturing - we will need your to re-texture some models. The only requirement, is that the final model should be as close as possible to the original sprite. But if you're good in modelling, then feel free making some of the models from this page. All these will be used at a later stages of development.

P.S. If you're still interested in our requirements, here they are:

We prefer to use open file formats, such as .3DS or .OBJ
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:03:38 pm by Graf »

Offline shenbei8

Great. I will try to make something out first. Thaks a lot !!

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:37:32 am by shenbei8 »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: Minigun and Avenger Minigun 3D models
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 05:10:54 pm »
I do remember I was working on the minigun model before I passed it to Karpov. I dropped it because Wings3D had some annoying bug at the time and there was no way I could properly texture it. I do believe I still have the in-complete version of the model. Here are some pictures I found in my archives.

I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline shenbei8

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 05:33:14 pm »
ok i see, i never used Wings3D before. so maybe it's totally different. im using Rhino4.0.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:06:12 pm by Graf »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 07:53:15 pm »
Nah, it's okay. It was my fault anyways, since I was kind of new to the whole 3D thing and the model was poorly made. There were some unneeded polygons and the whole model was actually a mess. No idea how did I manage that. Looking forward to see something more from you.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline shenbei8

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 03:50:01 am »
Nah, it's okay. It was my fault anyways, since I was kind of new to the whole 3D thing and the model was poorly made. There were some unneeded polygons and the whole model was actually a mess. No idea how did I manage that. Looking forward to see something more from you.

Ok ;D.    But it requires low poly, can not be too much details,but it still looks nice, so this is the problem for me , how to reduce unneeded poly

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 09:16:22 pm »
Generally, bear in mind that the details will only be about 1-2 pixels big on screen, so the extremely minimal version could have the "tubes" of the barrel as 5, 4 or even 3 sided. There's no need to make them hollow. Anything that's circular can be simplified to an octagon or less, the detail on the handles will not be visible, so may as well be rectangles etc. Don't round of the corners of any of the sections. Any minor details can be painted onto the texture (or normal map, should we manage to get them working).

That's probably down to the extremely low level, but there's likely a compromise halfway between that and what you've already got which will be an acceptable poly count without looking too bad.

Offline shenbei8

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 04:13:07 am »
Generally, bear in mind that the details will only be about 1-2 pixels big on screen, so the extremely minimal version could have the "tubes" of the barrel as 5, 4 or even 3 sided. There's no need to make them hollow. Anything that's circular can be simplified to an octagon or less, the detail on the handles will not be visible, so may as well be rectangles etc. Don't round of the corners of any of the sections. Any minor details can be painted onto the texture (or normal map, should we manage to get them working).

That's probably down to the extremely low level, but there's likely a compromise halfway between that and what you've already got which will be an acceptable poly count without looking too bad.

well, thanks for your comments,  anyway, im trying to make models simple and i will upload more soon.

Offline Gray

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 06:58:41 pm »
To say the truth, I don't like actual Minigun models, so this ones looks better... from the presented point of view. But I suspect, they will be nothing more then a bunch of pipes, if we look at them from another point.