Author Topic: Error messages  (Read 3454 times)

Error messages
« on: January 03, 2013, 01:57:00 am »
When I connect to my game through localhost/127.0.0.1, the game loads fine - But when I try to connect through my external IP, my router's IP, my Hamachi IP, OR my no-ip address, (I used each of these separately, not all were active at once) it says "ERROR" across all the buttons on the main menu. My friend cannot connect either. Pressing the buttons does nothing - The only one that works is the one that is supposed to be "Registration", and it opens the registration page, but EVERYTHING says "ERROR".

I forwarded port 4000, that's what it's running on. I think it could be an error with sending data - does anyone know how I could fix this?

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
Re: Error messages
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 07:48:53 am »
I don't know anything about the SDK, but I know something about issues like this.

If the server is running on your computer or on some other computer in the same local network, use the internal IP (e.g. 192.168.x.x) of this computer when connecting. If your friends are connecting via internet, they use the external IP of the server.

Make sure the port is really open and stuff are forwarded to correct destination (server's internal ip, 192.168.x.x:4000). Also check that your firewall isn't blocking connections. This website may be useful for quick testing:
http://www.canyouseeme.org/

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 07:17:21 pm »
Hmm... I have 4000 forwarded completely and my network firewall is off, but canyouseeme cannot see the server's process.

By the way, I disable SSID broadcasting so no one can see my network anyway. That's why I disabled the firewall.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 03:19:03 am »
Try unplugging the keyboard, and plugging it back in several hours might help.

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:47:41 am »
Got the same problem, but I'm not sure it happened that way before. Can't explain the reason either.

Offline Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 11:56:33 am »
haven't touched SDK for a while but I would try deleting files inside client/data/cache folder except for default.cache (and if that doesn't help try deleting the default.cache too) ...  (maybe make a backup first) ...

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 07:08:12 pm »
The client that was packaged with the SDK never worked, it just closed out instantly after opening it. I was using the 2238 client for localhost and it worked, but the server (I think) is having problems sending out data, or the client is having problems receiving it.

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 10:27:06 pm »
The SDK works just fine for me.

Offline Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 11:25:52 pm »
The client and server should be from same SDK revision if you want to be sure it will work. Using 2238 client for SDK server is not a good idea.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 03:52:44 pm »
Well, the SDK client just closes out whenever I open it.

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 04:37:39 pm »
Which SDK client .exe are you using? Did you tried with FOnlineD3D.exe too? I used to use FOnlineD3D.exe, 'cuz with FOnline.exe I had the same issues like you (crashed right after start).

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 02:07:18 am »
Sorry for the late response.

The FOnlineD3D just shows a black screen with the Fallout spearhead cursor.