"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:22:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Will we ever see this in 2238?  (Read 1222 times)

Will we ever see this in 2238?
« on: December 29, 2012, 10:02:48 am »

Eating, drinking, sleeping?
Then make caps and items scarce? It is a post apocalyptic desert after all.
Add survival dimension to the game?
What do you say
Endurance?
I'm built to regenerate.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
Re: Will we ever see this in 2238?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:11:28 pm »

Eating, drinking, sleeping?
Then make caps and items scarce? It is a post apocalyptic desert after all.
Add survival dimension to the game?
What do you say
Probably not,due to the fact that there are more popular features that still need editing(PvP,PvE...).
Once these are adjusted the right way and most of the players are satisfied,then most focus IMO should go to finishing 3d. After that is done perhaps your suggestion will start getting implemented.
Tho I do agree on that item scarcity thing,people have way too much equipment nowadays.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 09:51:36 pm »

I don't want shit rearer than it already is.  Have you ever played a game where you have to eat and sleep?  It's just another logisitic consideration that adds nothing to the gameplay, better to keep "abstract".  I don't want a survival bluesuit simulator of bluesuits running from radscroprpions, that would just be the lameset game ever, what a stupid suggestion.  This is a "game", it should be "fun".  Please don't suck the fun out of it.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 10:10:19 pm »

I don't know about sleeping, but I like the idea about eating and drinking at least.  I implemented it on my own project server, and it's pretty easy to do, albeit a bit time consuming.  There are already existing food and drink items, and the Radiation scripts work great as a template.

I would personally like to see it in 2238, but like everything else it completely depends on whether or not the devs want to do it, as is their prerogative.

I'm in favor of it, though.

Mike Crosser

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 10:16:44 pm »

I'd rather have eating and sleeping to be optional.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 11:08:44 pm »

FOnline: 2238 is mainly about PvP combat, big faction wars over territory or stupid, random silliness in NCR. Does that go together with the need of sleeping, eating and drinking? If it does, please go see a doctor.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Mike Crosser

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 02:39:43 pm »

Well he never said it needed to be forced.
We already have a portion of it:you can eat and drink certain items.
I belive me just meant to add the ability to eat all of the food and drink items,and that the character can go into "sleep mode"(IE lie on the ground and produce "zzz" noises)
Or maybe he is talking about a forced hardcore mode from FNV in which the char would die without the things mentioned above(if that the case then NO this should not be added),but I'd rather have this to be optional like in FNV.
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 11:06:54 pm »

It would add more depth to a game that already has some.
I agree, emulating sleep isn't viable in a muliplayer game.
But all the rest could be and it doesnt have to be a chore to get some food and eat some time and something to drink too.
I guess ill go see a doctor now
Endurance?
I'm built to regenerate.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.