"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:34:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: just a few suggestions  (Read 2266 times)

just a few suggestions
« on: December 26, 2012, 08:41:45 pm »

ok, so i think that people should get a radio when they die, and the radio should be set to the same channel of the one that the person had when he died.
resons for this is : to allow the person who died to get back in contact with his Team.
resons for this is : to send a distress to his team.
resons for this is : most of the time when i die i think where is my team going to serch for me, where will thay be. so a radio would be cool there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
how about about the ablity to respawn at your tent?. maybe it wouldent work but its just a thoght
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lockers, ok so most of the times when i enter a town or faction base i always see the lockers opened. how about lockers shuting by them selfs every 30 seconds?.
how about the ability to craft lockers with metal peices?. when people enter factions sometimes theres no room for them, well if people could craft lockers that would work!
how about being able to distress with a combate helmet? without being able to do that it kinda makes it useless.
thes are just random ideas that im just making up as i go along.
im not sure if this has already be implamented, but how about carravan rides. where the player has to protect the carraven and it goes throu a few encounters, then it reachs its destination and you get like 700Caps or what ever. something like in Fallout 2. but if you die then you lose the monney and your life.
: and judging on the players lvl and eqwipment will determine what the enounters will be!
: easy way to make monney for combatants
Ok well thats all i can think of for now. i would like to hear what you guys think about the ideas

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
Re: just a few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 09:54:23 pm »

+1 for the Craftable lockers. Good recipe might be,
35 metal parts
20 alloys
20 good metal parts
10 High quality alloys

Also maybe chests,

20 metals
20 alloys
5 wood

Footlockers,

30 good metals
15 HQ alloys

My own suggestion :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 09:58:34 pm by Gimper »

Rocket Man

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 09:58:39 pm »

+1 for the Craftable lockers. Good recipe might be,
35 metal parts
20 alloys
15 good metal parts
10 High quality alloys
Why in the world would you need high quality alloys for a simple locker?

I'm pretty sure most lockers are made of compacted tin or some abundant shit like that, which would just be regular metal parts.

Gimper

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 12:07:42 am »

Why in the world would you need high quality alloys for a simple locker?

I'm pretty sure most lockers are made of compacted tin or some abundant shit like that, which would just be regular metal parts.
OK smart a**, if you want to get technical and realistic, it doesn't no matter what the quality of the iron ore, It will still produce iron, and no matter how pure the iron is or not, doesn't matter. So if your saying it is made from abundant metal, iron is the most abundant metal in the wastes. Also, if you can scrap together a locker on a regular workbench with regular metal, then every pathetic noob in the wastes (such as yourself), would be spamming and abusing lockers all over the place. Grown a brain tit-squirt.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 12:27:57 am »

OK smart a**, if you want to get technical and realistic, it doesn't no matter what the quality of the iron ore, It will still produce iron, and no matter how pure the iron is or not, doesn't matter. So if your saying it is made from abundant metal, iron is the most abundant metal in the wastes. Also, if you can scrap together a locker on a regular workbench with regular metal, then every pathetic noob in the wastes (such as yourself), would be spamming and abusing lockers all over the place. Grown a brain tit-squirt.
I want mine made out ouf wood, mahogony, oak, cedar..... giant red wood.  Seriously, stupid idea, the whole thing, not just the wood part.  It's just another solution to the existing workarounds we allready have, use cows!  your idea is udderly ridiculous :)
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

jacky.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 04:14:35 am »

30met parts and 5good met parts. And lockers won't block enter and they can't be dropped in towns

Gimper

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 04:58:02 am »

I want mine made out ouf wood, mahogony, oak, cedar..... giant red wood.  Seriously, stupid idea, the whole thing, not just the wood part.  It's just another solution to the existing workarounds we allready have, use cows!  your idea is udderly ridiculous :)
use.... cows... Your ignorance makes me want rip my overly kind obnoxiously sweet smelling dear mothers face off...
We were talking about more space, not a walking killable goldmine. And I for one, know that people kill other peoples cows for fun. BOOM!! Then your stuffs gone. Read the whole message, and think before you type. I still think locker crafting is a great idea.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 11:53:53 am »

Lockers, ok so most of the times when i enter a town or faction base i always see the lockers opened. how about lockers shuting by them selfs every 30 seconds?.

how about being able to distress with a combate helmet? without being able to do that it kinda makes it useless.

Those 2 are bugs.The lockers are supposed to close after some time,and you should be able to distress with a Combat Helmet mk2.
No on the respawn radio.
Yes for the caravans and craftable lockers.
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 05:04:59 pm »

Craftable lockers = 6 metal parts. That's it

Gimper

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 06:16:50 pm »

No. Just no. Lockers at one time were so rare and valuable you could only get them from a bug or GM abuse, changing that would would be blasphemy. That is like making Gatling lasers farm-able from mole rats. My point is, it'd just be way too easy. Or, if it would be craftable from 6 metals, make a limit for them in bases.

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 03:24:59 am »

I want my golden and it contains APA...

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Gimper

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 03:40:09 am »

I want my golden and it contains APA...
Seriously... This is not a child's play house. Be serious if your going to write anything.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 04:43:35 am »

use.... cows... Your ignorance makes me want rip my overly kind obnoxiously sweet smelling dear mothers face off...
We were talking about more space, not a walking killable goldmine. And I for one, know that people kill other peoples cows for fun. BOOM!! Then your stuffs gone. Read the whole message, and think before you type. I still think locker crafting is a great idea.

Um, I reread it and still think no.
:)

I suppose I just don't possess your keen intellect, damn!

I've often wondered why there is such a multitude of idiotic suggestions on this forum, then it dawned on me.  If you try to come to consensus on a specific problem or crowdsource solutions you have to take into account the "population".  If your population are mostly morons than you can expect your solution to well, be rather moronic.  The problem with "open" forums or "democracy" for discussions sake is that most are statistically "average".  Polling average people will probably not culminate in optimal solutions.  It would be better to think tank problems for solutions from smart people, but they probably have better things to do than play fonline 2238.  :)  It's hard to soar with eagles when your surrounded by buzzards.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:59:00 am by TKs-KaBoom »
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Rocket Man

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 07:01:52 am »

You mad?

The most sensible course of action.

It doesn't take as much metal and quality of metal to build a fucking panzer, it's a locker...  A fucking locker.  Are you listening to yourself Gimper?  Or is that just a monkey typing behind that screen?  Play some AngryBirds bro.  Or better yet, rub one out when you mad, it sounds like you need it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:03:58 am by Rocket Man »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 07:15:08 am »

If anything, it should still be a rare item, or be a challenge to get. A "realism" argument is pointless. And yes, a limit to how many can be placed in one base would be good. Though, Large Caravan Carts are basically the same thing except more room, and they're already in-game.

Tent respawn:
Against, too much potential to troll/be cheap with hth/sneak/looter alts.

lockers open:
It actually used to be like this, although keeping them open is actually more convenient because you can use Steal on the locker if it is already open.

combat helmet distress:
It's a bug that it can't.

For caravan rides:
General idea has been suggested before, it would require scripts and stuff that no scripter/dev has on their to-do list, I guess.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:19:42 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 35 queries.