"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 25, 2024, 08:54:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: .223 Crippler, Health or resistance?  (Read 773 times)

.223 Crippler, Health or resistance?
« on: December 26, 2012, 03:13:31 am »

I've been experimenting in hinkley, having some fun being a dick in general with my sniper/crippler and found out I hate snipers and all 2 handed small guns and I especially hate, with a passion, not having health or standing 1 shot. So I came up with this: A build that can effectively shoot at 30 hexes to arms, legs, head at 95% while having a huge health pool and crippling like no theres no damn tomorrow.

Finesse + One hander

Normal:                               Drugged:               
1 str                                   3 str
6 pe                                    7 pe
8 end                                  10 end
1 ch                                    1 ch
4 int                                    4 int
10 agi                                  10 agi
10 luck                                 10 luck

Perks: (I think in this order)
weapon handling
more critical
even more critical
better criticals
Life Giver
Bonus Rate of fire
Life Giver+
Life Giver++

I guess my question would be, should I get the lifegivers and keep my endurance the same, Or get resistances perks?

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
Re: .223 Crippler, Health or resistance?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 03:51:25 am »

I think the hp is a good idea but its gonna hard as a metapod to get level.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 04:47:37 am »

nah, I don't think so, after I get weapon handling I can get to lvl 16 easily on molerats and from there go to centaurs/floaters. But good Idea right?

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 06:18:19 am »

Yeah but its gonna be pretty expensive drug-wise, just to be a Hinkly player. hopefully you got bigger plans then just Hinkly.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 06:31:01 am »

Good idea...but then it's my idea too ;)

My build is almost exactly the same as yours except for the perks, and i made AG 9 and depend on Nuka Cola for that extra Agility point; with a high SG skill you won't notice much trouble from low ST. So no Buffout needed but make sure you get Weapon Handling. Mine is 1.6.10.1.3.9.10 before Nuka. I am still a low level with this guy though (wip).

I cannot answer your question though about defense perks vs Lifegivers. I prefer defense perks. But imagine you get both Action Boys and Right Between the Eyes instead. Each player does this his own way. The trouble with a pistol marksman is he has to get so close to targets, which puts him within their weapon range, and that's when low HP and low DR feel bad. You might have gotten frustrated with rifle snipers if you like to rush forward into the heat of battle. I suggest leveling a BG if you like to dive in head-first. A rifle sniper, however, needs to keep his enemies at max range. Many won't even see him if he does it right. Both can be fun but the Big Gunners have more room for error. Snipers are far more fragile. That's just the way it is within this game's mechanics.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.