"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 05, 2024, 11:30:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: PVP Sniper/Crippler  (Read 1320 times)

PVP Sniper/Crippler
« on: December 23, 2012, 08:29:33 pm »

I've been messing around in nitue and really loving crippling and I came up with this:
(Uses Buffout, Nuka-cola, Cigarettes)
1   str
10 pe
4   end
1   ch
4   int
10 agi
10 luck

235% Small Guns, 50% FA, 40% Doctor

Finesse + Chem Relient

Perks: (I Believe in this order)
Weapon handling
Even more Critical
More Critical
Better Criticals
Sharpshooter
Bonus Rate of Fire
Action boy
Action Boy

Is it as good as I think it is? Because I feel really confident about it. I've never played a sniper before and I really love criticals with throwing knives, especially when they cripple and that's why I thought a sniper/crippler would be awesome >:D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 08:31:53 pm by Rockefeller »
Re: PVP Sniper/Crippler
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 08:53:27 pm »

It's ok but weapon handling sucks, 1 st is very bad, how can you wear armor and rifle with 18lbs..9 perception is ok, with cigarettes=> 10+ sharpshooter =12.

I will put 1 skill points in Strength, then 9 PE, 2 ST,+ buffout =4 it's ok.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 08:56:00 pm »

I'm not an expert on such builds, but i have messed around with the same ideas, and from what i see here you are certainly on the right track. Congrats! But, i believe the experts will tell you "it's all about bypass". Your Buffout plan with Nuka Cola and AG 10 is perfect though, but i would make PE 9 so cigs boosts it to 10, and put that point into IN for higher FA/Doc maybe (or maybe ST like Max said above).

Also...for snipers who can do aimed shots, it's important to get the Right Between the Eyes perk. Your guy has Finesse though which means you won't be doing targeted shots, but i'm sure you know that.

Question: which weapon do you plan to use with this guy?
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 09:23:37 pm »

It is all about bypass, unfortunately anyone with luck higher than 8 will be immune.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 10:00:31 pm »

Sure it is all about bypass, but if you don't take finesse you can use this build for alone pvp, you cant play alone with a sniper finesse, you can just use it in TC, i think. But without finesse you can try to rush some guys with a 223 pistol, and you don't need bypassed to knock them down.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 10:41:56 pm »

About the carry weight, with buffout I can have 45kg which I think would be enough for sniper+armor+ammo
I was planning on using a sniper rifle with this build though I didn't know I couldn't do aim shots with finesse which makes me slightly discouraged ( I wanted to screw around with people, cripple arms, legs and then knock him out and finish him, that would certainly destroy any big gunner)
Is the damage I do with finesse completely shit? (In that case, carry an smg to finish off the job, but taking in carry weight I don't think I'd be able to do that -.-)

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 02:19:12 am »

Seems to me the crits you do when not targeting limbs would be the same damage, but max chance is less than when targeting. Even so, i think your Finesse build would be fun, especially if you use Fast Shot. A Fast Shot sniper crippler with 35% chance to do [untargeted] critical damage - could shoot SR 4 times per turn, right? That would mean almost surely he'd get at least 1 crit shot per "turn".

Next question: how do you plan to provide sniper rifles and Buffout for this guy?
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 02:39:49 am »

From my sneak/throwing knife crit'ler ^^
I've already looted from my foes dead bodies 4 sniper rifles and I've got plenty of buffout to keep me going (My little friend faction is awesome too :D)

I've been playing around with this build for a while now and at lvl 3 have been getting insane criticals non-stop with a 10mm pistol/Armored Bypass etc..

Question though, I love the Idea of shooting 4 times, but how do I cripple something specific without aiming at it? seeing some videos, 1 aim-shot crippler is pretty reliable. seems to me I'd only cripple the body if that's possible or anything at random. I don't think I'd like going up a big gunner and cripple his legs randomly and then he bursts me to death. I like the Idea of going for his arms, making him useless than his legs so he wouldn't run away easily
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:48:44 am by Rockefeller »
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 02:46:24 am »

Do what you think is right. Alot of this is trying out what works for you, even if it may not be best.

Your guy has Finesse though which means you won't be doing targeted shots, but i'm sure you know that.
You wont do as much damage but you have better chance to crit.
In a way, more chance to crit = more chance to cripple.

A Fast Shot sniper crippler
Silly Marko. If you cannot aim - you cannot cripple!
Everything must change.

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 02:52:16 am »

Ah yes; you can only do cripples with targeted shots. So even if you do crits with untargeted shots, you never actually cripple. Right? I did say i'm not the expert on these builds. So ditch the Fast Shot idea and shoot SR only 2 targeted shots per turn and probably cripple a BG's left arm so he cannot shoot back.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.