"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 02:09:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Changelog 24/11/2012  (Read 43476 times)

Re: Changelog 24/11/2012
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2012, 02:13:34 pm »

In fact, only experienced players raised concerns about this, listen to players like you and the game would go to shit in seconds.

Oh, indeed, my lack of knowledge made it difficult for me to understand your humble complaint and elaborated arguments about 20 sec respawn, time dear sir.

Might be true, that occasional solo players like me make the game worse for experienced FR exploiter trolls players like you.

Don't you think that the only bad thing about this game is the lack of players? Last change (20 sec instead of 60 of respawn time) was new player and noob friendly. Are you afraid to see more new/solo players?

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2012, 03:03:44 pm »

Oh, indeed, my lack of knowledge made it difficult for me to understand your humble complaint and elaborated arguments about 20 sec respawn, time dear sir.

Might be true, that occasional solo players like me make the game worse for experienced FR exploiter trolls players like you.

Don't you think that the only bad thing about this game is the lack of players? Last change (20 sec instead of 60 of respawn time) was new player and noob friendly. Are you afraid to see more new/solo players?

u can understand mr heal that this 20 secs replication cd not only favor new players and solo ones but also TROLLS with capitals.when u become an experienced player and mb do some tc or any pvp skirmish with ur badass gang then ull understand what troll means.
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2012, 04:15:54 pm »

Trolls are like unicorns... everybody speaks about them, but nobody seen them  :)

I was watching few recent videos and screenshots, yet couldn't see any of so called "trolls", that's weird. Maybe we lack a definition of who should be called troll.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2012, 05:43:34 pm »

u can understand mr heal that this 20 secs replication cd not only favor new players and solo ones but also TROLLS with capitals.when u become an experienced player and mb do some tc or any pvp skirmish with ur badass gang then ull understand what troll means.

So your argument is, raising the respawn timer would help to decrease trolls. This is faulty logic, as real trolls simply fast relog and don't give a damn about respawn timer.
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2012, 05:47:59 pm »

So your argument is, raising the respawn timer would help to decrease trolls. This is faulty logic, as real trolls simply fast relog and don't give a damn about respawn timer.

Nice of you to come to the forum and bullshit us. "Real trolls", man you sure you aren't one of them?

Point made lots of times now, there was no reason to decrease the respawn timer.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2012, 05:49:52 pm »

There was no reason to keep it at 60 seconds. And my point still stands. If I am in the mood to troll some NCR for a while, I use a few characters, so I won't need to wait for respawn.

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2012, 06:08:12 pm »

i bet a combination of raising cd replication and fr fix will surely make the difference lexx.its simple.we had fr until now and u came with the last update to put a cherry on top of a cake.
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2012, 06:12:41 pm »

i bet a combination of raising cd replication and fr fix will surely make the difference lexx.its simple.we had fr until now and u came with the last update to put a cherry on top of a cake.

stfu about fr already, its a dead topic

« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2012, 06:45:11 pm »

There was no reason to keep it at 60 seconds. And my point still stands. If I am in the mood to troll some NCR for a while, I use a few characters, so I won't need to wait for respawn.

There was, in fact there was reason to make it flexible, it was discussed previously and it was generally accepted, that the penalty of death, dying, being dead shouldn't be linear.

In a situation where, a player dies with full gear, well equipped in other words, he actually already payed the price, the penalty of death, he lost his valuable equipment, but someone who doesn't have anything to loose, is going to abuse it, take advantage of it in a way or two. So, there should be some restrictions to make it fair, just as simple as that, common sense.

Now tell me, do you believe it was the right choice to decrease the re-spawn timer? What purpose does it serve at the state it is? Simply speaking, it does something good and bad, two arguments, your word against mine, two sides of the same coin, both equal in weight. For example, you'd say it's nice for new players to have a lower CD on dying, true because i can't deny it. I say experienced players, with fully level capped builds shouldn't take the advantage of the low re-spawn timer, because it does promote trolling, no matter how you twist it. Longer CD on bombing was implemented for a good reason, despite current FR capabilities. Same principle applies.

Level, equipment based re-spawn time even if it's only armor as start to see how it works and hell the location in witch the character is re-located might as well be random as extra punishment. New players don't have to suffer, players who actually risk something valuable on their characters should receive only the minimum penalty, for what i care 20 seconds is fine, but ofcourse that would work much more better when some actual anti FR feature is done, other than that it wouldn't do any harm.

Do you comply?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 06:50:21 pm by T-888 »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2012, 06:49:36 pm »

Now tell me, do you believe it was the right choice to decrease the re-spawn timer?

Yup.

But that doesn't rule out a "flexible respawn time," which still would be possible to do. It is a lot more script-work, though, which in return means, it needs more time.
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2012, 06:56:07 pm »

Yup.
But that doesn't rule out a "flexible respawn time," which still would be possible to do. It is a lot more script-work, though, which in return means, it needs more time.

Fine. You could have done something more qualitative at first, don't see anybody being frustrated if the twenty second timer would have never existed, but instead something better would have came later. In the end we would never had this conversation and nobody on this forum would have argued, this all was discussed long time ago in a civilized manner.

There is a saying, you can have it right now, or you can have it right.

Black Widow

« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2012, 07:06:52 pm »

try to make some changes even smallest and u will see flame war. better just info with out option to spam.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2012, 09:22:26 am »

Is this the last update before wipe?

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2012, 10:11:59 am »

No.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

PolarBear315

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2012, 11:17:55 pm »

Games GOOD!

-no cool down for mine A+
......1,000,000 awsome.

-less CD for respawn A+ 1000, 0000... Badass greatness like theoretical JC.
<3
CHEERS!!!!
great game.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.