"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:31:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Armor and weapon upgrade/bonus blueprints.  (Read 4355 times)

Armor and weapon upgrade/bonus blueprints.
« on: November 24, 2012, 05:30:13 am »

Armor and weapons are now easily farmed with the new armor mechanics, but here's a little idea to make crafting more useful:

Armor/weapon upgrade blueprints, which are temporary and will vanish from your fixboy after a few times you've crafted some armor after use of the blueprint itself. These special blueprints can be found like other blueprints, in locker encounters, Ares, the Glow, etc.

The upgrades for armor will consist of various upgrades; for resistances, like +5%-10% of fire resistance, normal resistance, laser resistance, etc. Also, on wear there can also be a bonus on 10-40 HP, or +1-2 AP.

The upgrades for weapons are rather more simple, just a bonus of damage or range.

These stats will roll completely randomly. The bonus could be very crappy (Ex. only +3 fire resistance) or very nice. (+10 DR, +10 LR, +1 AG.)

On the other hand, the blueprint should mention its upgrades in its description.

Here are a few examples:

Leather armor MKII with a resistance bonus.
+7 laser resistance.
+3 damage resistance.

Metal armor MKII with a resistance bonus and AP bonus.
+6 laser resistance.
+1 AP

Laser rifle with bonus damage
+5 damage.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 06:28:20 pm by McLooter »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
Re: Armor and weapon upgrade/bonus blueprints.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 08:10:49 am »

I like this.

Maybe Tesla armor can get 5-10% normal/explosive protection.

Back In-Game :D

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 08:45:38 am »

yeah, i like buffs also maybe add multiple +,- for example magic shovel +5 dmg but jinxed :)  hammer of divine Brahmin slaying +5 but only against cows... etc,.

Cursed robe, just jinxed.... but in hot pink!
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

avv

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 10:58:09 am »

Supported. The game needs "material sinks" to squeeze massive amounts of excessive stuff into few pieces of quality stuff.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 01:23:01 pm »

Metal armor MKII with a resistance bonus and AP bonus.
+6 laser resistance.
Laser is already useless against ma mkII, but everything else sounds good to me +1

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 02:35:57 pm »

+1

It's a shame that only our chars can have buffs, and only drugs though, as we don't have some magic auras or shit like in Fallen Earth or any other MMO's. Gear could have buffs, it stays RP as it will just be some kind of customization and fixing things with others wasteland-style, not magic stuff like TKs-KaBoom is saying :D
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 04:25:06 pm »

I want robes of magic finding that increases your loot drops

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 05:10:47 pm »

I want robes of magic finding that increases your loot drops
Knowing you I thought that you would ask for a suicide vest and maybe a matching hat.
But anyway +1

jacky.

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 05:26:17 pm »

Or maby if u Have armor 100/100 u can Put implant in it. It would cost extra $$$ at shee lab factory
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 05:59:40 pm »

Knowing you I thought that you would ask for a suicide vest and maybe a matching hat.
But anyway +1

Portable force field generator like in Dune. Immune to bullets and explosions, if hit by a laser causes nuclear explosion but melee weapons can slowly penetrate and kill the user.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 06:35:30 pm »

Portable force field generator like in Dune. Immune to bullets and explosions, if hit by a laser causes nuclear explosion but melee weapons can slowly penetrate and kill the user.
A tank that a player can climb in.
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 06:59:05 pm »

Laser is already useless against ma mkII, but everything else sounds good to me +1
Well, the stats are completely random on the BP, so it's highly unlikely it can have that bonus.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 07:22:39 pm by McLooter »

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 11:44:00 pm »

+1

It's a shame that only our chars can have buffs, and only drugs though, as we don't have some magic auras or shit like in Fallen Earth or any other MMO's. Gear could have buffs, it stays RP as it will just be some kind of customization and fixing things with others wasteland-style, not magic stuff like TKs-KaBoom is saying :D

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
                                                                                                  -Arthur C. Clarke
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 11:50:12 pm »

It's fallout based game not wow or diabolo.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 12:16:29 am »

Yeah, and Fallout had upgrades on weapons. Besides, this game is not even close to fallout with all the FR, trolls, etc. Stop attacking  my threads with your bad excuses.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.391 seconds with 31 queries.