"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 04:12:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rural Civil Defense TV  (Read 4843 times)

Re: Rural Civil Defense TV
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 07:28:50 pm »

Humanity could use a good culling.

Feel free to volunteer.

But to use nukes, you must be afraid. Very afraid. Insanely afraid. Like a cornered rat.
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 08:32:59 pm »

Feel free to volunteer.

But to use nukes, you must be afraid. Very afraid. Insanely afraid. Like a cornered rat.

Next 20 years we will have more human population than we can currently support plus massive crop failures world wide due to climate changes. See how brutal the world gets when you have only have enough food for 10% of the population, the wars over remaining resources should wipe most of us out.

Fat Man

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 10:37:56 pm »

Next 20 years we will have more human population than we can currently support plus massive crop failures world wide due to climate changes. See how brutal the world gets when you have only have enough food for 10% of the population, the wars over remaining resources should wipe most of us out.

So nuke every life form on the planet into extinction? Great fucking solution roachor, I am sure the reamining survivors of the human race would be smart enough and pyshically fit to survive when they are retarded and deformed from the radiation to appreciate that the earth went to nuclear war over the way society acts and food.

You know the reality of it is that if a nuclear war were to happen there wouldn't be any survivors and the human race wouldn't live in a 2238 fantasy land. Those who would survive would die from radiation and their offsprings would be deformed, and the normal ones would be too retarded to think about survival. We wouldn't have funny 2 headed cows, blue suits and plasma rifle wars if this happened. Have some fucking hope for humanity.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:55:03 pm by Fat Man »
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 01:07:44 am »

So nuke every life form on the planet into extinction? Great fucking solution roachor, I am sure the reamining survivors of the human race would be smart enough and pyshically fit to survive when they are retarded and deformed from the radiation to appreciate that the earth went to nuclear war over the way society acts and food.

You know the reality of it is that if a nuclear war were to happen there wouldn't be any survivors and the human race wouldn't live in a 2238 fantasy land. Those who would survive would die from radiation and their offsprings would be deformed, and the normal ones would be too retarded to think about survival. We wouldn't have funny 2 headed cows, blue suits and plasma rifle wars if this happened. Have some fucking hope for humanity.

Nukes aren't that effective, the lack of human activity would heal the planet far more than nuclear winter would harm it. Hell it might even cancel out global warming. Just look at how much the ozone repaired itself when all the flights were grounded on 9/11, that was just one day.

Fat Man

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 01:26:35 am »

Nukes aren't that effective, the lack of human activity would heal the planet far more than nuclear winter would harm it. Hell it might even cancel out global warming. Just look at how much the ozone repaired itself when all the flights were grounded on 9/11, that was just one day.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0</a>
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 07:05:33 am »

Ok well next time a nuke goes off go stand in an outhouse and let me know how well you are protected.

Another silly comparison won't save you from losing the argument ;)

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 07:24:03 am »

I once hears of a study where it was determined that freshly popped popcorn was an excellent radiation insulator.

I also read once why it is safer to be outside of a military tank than inside, at a certain distance range from the blast site, as the the effects of EMP become more deadly as it passes through metal. So the guys inside get shielded from physical blast, but cooked anyway.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 01:49:25 pm »

i dont know amplitude od EMP from nuke but duration is 1-100 microseconds and i believe its not that high to raise significantly temperature of steel or any other alloy. Do you have any link to information about that high heat from nuke EMP?

only danger would be if people in tank are not isolated from body of tank and "somehow" inducted current would flow through their body parts, but steel itself is much better conductor and tank is grounded too.
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 12:16:22 am »

Doesn't emp only fuck up magnetic fields?

Fat Man

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 02:18:54 am »

Doesn't emp only fuck up magnetic fields?

EMP is an electromagnetic field that can fry electronics its a type of radiation that gets emitted after a nuclear blast.

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 02:22:55 am »

EMP is an electromagnetic field that can fry electronics its a type of radiation that gets emitted after a nuclear blast.

Yes I know that, I've just never heard of emp causing harm to biological entities.

Fat Man

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 02:55:25 am »

Yes I know that, I've just never heard of emp causing harm to biological entities.

I think what marko was trying to say that the radiation can penetrate metal and would cook a person alive from trapping in the heat, than opposed to a guy who is outside of the tank would probably still get radiated but wouldn't die as quick. Kind of stupid if you ask me inside the tank or outside going to die anyways. Guy outside tank may not die right away but would probably die of other health problems.

But anyways while on the subject, I read somewhere taking potassium iodide will help with the damaging affects of radiation.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:00:42 am by Fat Man »

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2012, 06:03:09 pm »

I read that 20 years ago in a science magazine handed to me by my marine corps college room mate, so i don't have a link lol.

The article was not necessarily about heat. It had to do with deadly rays produced as EMP waves pass through steel. The waves outside are not exactly healthy, but the rays produced inside the tank are deadly. Hence they were showing how the guys inside a tank, though they might expect to be better protected, would be more impacted by EMP. The whole article was about EMP.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 11:42:49 am »

They don't get generated by passing through steel, they bounce inside from walls thus increasing the exposure of the crew to microwave radiation, while the guys outside get exposed to it just once.
The tank crew get cooked.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 31 queries.