"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 12:25:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Buff Hit the gaps  (Read 3252 times)

Buff Hit the gaps
« on: November 08, 2012, 06:22:47 pm »

-25% crit modifiers is laughably low. It should be -100%. Reasons for this being:
Better hth crits is only 15%, why they got a nerfed better crits I have no idea.

(crit roll) + (better hth crits 15%) + (ca helmet -10%) + (bonehead 10%) = -5% on the crit table for eye shots

even with 100% reduction to armour crit resist that's only a 5% chance to get a good crit on someone who's built to counter it.

it should be twice as powerful as rbte because you have to be 1 hex away instead of 40 and there is less room for mistakes

Re: Buff Hit the gaps
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 05:01:34 am »

Do these perks stack? RBtE + HTG + S&P?

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 01:07:03 pm »

Bump.
I wanted to make this suggestion, found out it already exists.

There are two types of HtH builds now:
1. Unarmed + Heavy Handed builds. They have the advantage that if they approach a person 1v1, the other guy is basically doomed(constant knockdown unless the other person also has the In Your Face! perk or the HH user is unlucky). They deal sustained, certain damage. They lack critical power, but that's not what they're about.
2. Classical(crit) builds, can be either unarmed or melee weapons oriented. Those are very risky, very hard and have a small chance to win a fight. Firstly, the situation better be 1v1(or you are doomed, but it's just like the HH build). Secondly, after you approach your enemy, you still have a very small chance to do anything(the reason being all those anti-crit perks)...

The "Hit the Gaps" perk is useless. Against an armor that gives -10 crit modifier, our perk only reduces(increases?) it by 3(rounded from 2.5) to -7... Against -20, we get -15. That is NOTHING!
"Hit the Gaps" should be like "Right Between the Eyes" for snipers or even better. That means it should be at least 50% ignore... or even 100%, as Roachor suggested.
Another thing to consider is: does it work against helmets as well or only against armors? If it works only against armors, it obviously should bypass helmets too.

PS. Are you saying HtH Criticals only gives +15 to the roll, not +25? Definitely should be +25 or at least +20, but that's a topic for another discussion.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:12:53 pm by Floodnik »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:19:38 pm »

Buffing HtH trolls ? No thanks
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 11:16:25 pm »

What? You're a forum troll, out of this topic.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 11:19:25 pm »

I've got nothing against it, but in regular TC fights they have no rights to work, because of bursters and launchers(friendly fire).
h
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 11:59:02 pm »

Teams are not required to have bursters and launchers :D

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 12:25:32 am »

Teams are not required to have bursters and launchers :D
Show me any video of melee warriors doing TC and winning against gatlings and avengers bursts along with rockets.
h
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 12:41:29 am »

Show me any video of melee warriors doing TC and winning against gatlings and avengers bursts along with rockets.
Combined with this you would soon start to see videos.
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 12:51:33 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uYqZfJ-VvE
As far as I know we won this one :) Those were hth + throwers. Eh, good ol' times.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 18 queries.