"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:18:48 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yet another lucky EW sniper build (need advice, suggestions and criticism)  (Read 2306 times)

Heya all!
After some reading and consideration I came up with this build for my first char in FO2238:
SPECIAL is 1-8-4-1-8-9-10, the char is meant to rely heavily on Jet, Nuka and Cigarettes, so the resulting SPECIAL should be 1-9-4-8-10-10.
Traits are Small Frame and Finesse.
Tagged skills are Energy Weapons, Doctor and Science.

Main Perks:
Weapons Handling (at lvl 4)
Even More Critical (6)
Sharpshooter (9)
Better Criticals (12)
More Critical (15)
Bonus Rate of Fire (18) - after which point it should have 12AP under Jet and be able to eye-shoot twice in a turn.
I'm not sure what to have as the final two Perks, but leaning towards:
Right Between the Eyes (21) - just to make use of the double-eye-shot ability gained at lvl 18 and
Spray and Pray (24) - to use with the ability to shoot a rifle 3 times, and a pistol - 4 times in a turn with the 35% chance to score a critical... I'm not sure if it is going to work well in PvP though.
Could it be any better by grabbing Livewire and Dodger instead of the RBTE and SAP?
Or 2x Action Boys...I don't think the char really needs the 14 AP, but who knows?..

Support perks:
Awareness (at lvl 1)
Quick Learned (1)
Dead Man Walking (2)
Educated (3)

The build is supposed to be barely playable in solo PvE, but quite effective in PvP at high levels.
This char is supposed to be good at using both the Plasma Rifle and especially the Laser Rifle later on.
The idea is to use Laser Pistol or Magneto-Laser Pistol to farm and level.
The char should be able to get 2 levels of Profession in EW and craft the energy cells and some energy weapons.

It should be able to have 298% EW at lvl 24 to provide 88% chance of an eye-shot (95% head-shot) on targets with AC 30 at the max. range of the Laser Rifle (45 hexes).

I have no experience with FO though, and especially - the PvP part of it, and I am not sure if it is practical to invest that many points into EW.

If it is an overkill, the char should be able to get 100+% in Doctor (for the second level in Profession and some crappy Support Perks like Faster Healing and Rad Resistance) and still have around 288% in EW.

Or maybe drop the EW %% even lower and invest some more points into Science to get the Dismantler Support Perk and be a better dismantler / energy crafter overall.

Is it of any use? I mean, if the char has 100% Doc and 150% Sci - is it worth lowering the EW?

I am looking forward for your opinions, advice, suggestions and criticism.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
Re: Yet another lucky EW sniper build (need advice, suggestions and criticism)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 08:11:41 pm »

You have to decide if you gona make EW crippler or not, so do not tag shitty repair, science whatever...
You got malus 20% for every ST point lower than 6 for laser rifle, so move 3SP from IN to ST4 + weapon handling.
also carryweight 18 is pretty shitty you can carry your CA set(10kg) ,laser rifle (5,5kg), only 50 ammo(2,25kg) and only like 1 or two more superstimpacks
If you gona make PVP alt do not care about profesions or support perks(except awarnes)

Try check this build
http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=6877&pass=hmmm
uses jet,buffout,nuca and cigs
only 113hp might be problem if you die from single burst but you might hope that your team will keep them away and tank for you.  but....

DO NOT START PLAYING GAME WITH PVP CHARACTER!!!

i suggest you to create EW fastshooter as first character and focus on crafting/slaving/farming....

good luck
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 09:53:18 pm »

also pvp ew char shouldnt have finesse tagged. with finesse you wont even hurt tank character. i'd lower intelligence and put more points to strength because you already have -40% skill penalty. would also make higher endurance. with 6 en you get 140 hps which allows you to survive at least 1 burst.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 08:16:50 am »

Thanks a lot for your replies, guys...much appreciated!

I do understand that it is not the best thing in the world to have a dedicated PvP char as the first (and only) char, but it doesn't seem I have any other choice.

Like many others I am here because I used to play F1 and F2 (feels like a thousand years ago) and really wanted those to be multiplayer. So the PvP part is very important - it is actually what I want to experience.

I'm a casual player now and I just won't have enough time to level lots of chars. Plus, I'm pretty sure most of the factions are looking for active players, so not many of them would allow me to join.

Thats why I tend to think that I'm going to have only one char, play solo mostly...and I will be lucky if I manage to level it up to 24 before the next wipe. =)

So please give me more hints to make a PvP EW char, that would also be (barely) playable in PvE.

From your previous replies it seems I'm going to have:
1. Lower the IN in favour of ST.
This does seem to be practical, as I won't have to spend such many skill points on EW to achieve the same results.
2. Try to have at least 140 hp at lvl 24 (to survive 1 burst).
This could be achieved by either raising the EN, or getting the Lifegiver perks.
3. Get rid of Finesse...
The latter means that the crit chances will not be just as good. Is it okay?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 08:22:05 am »

If it is not possible with EW, it would be very kind of you to give some hints on a decent SG sniper build as well - playable in PvE, but with PvP in mind.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 01:53:01 pm »

this is my build:
http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=6881

7 agility + nuka cola + jet + 1x action boy = 12 ap's.
7 pe + cigs + sharpshooter = 10 pe.

you can lower luck by 2 and add 2 more to perception to have 12 pe.

greenthumb

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 03:59:59 pm »

racoon you can improve your build just replacing 1 point from IN to ST

anyway i tried to improve your build even more and i think i have suceeded ;)

he uses same drugs: jet,nuca,cigs
I just replaced chem reliant with bruiser.
Most parameters are same as your build(while drugged) but i have sacrificed double drug duration to earn +30% chance to hit what is i think more important for laser sniper ..
http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=6882&pass=hmmm
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 05:27:19 pm »

laser sniper doesn't need spray and pray or right between the eyes,waste of 2 perks

greenthumb

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 05:34:15 pm »

right between the eyes reduces critical modifier of helmet, so i believe that is useful for sniper same as better crit.
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 05:36:25 pm »

right between the eyes reduces critical modifier of helmet, so i believe that is useful for sniper same as better crit.

max -2.5%, waste of a perk
Nm thought it was -25%, 50% is more reasonable. still better to shoot arms/groin though. and fast shot rl is barely good enough for pve with 7 shots, 3 will do nothing.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:40:22 pm by Roachor »

greenthumb

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 05:45:45 pm »

iam not sure but i believe that critical modifier of CH is 10, so 50% of this should might be 5 extra points for better crit(roll on crit table). if his allow you to insta kill somebody i believe its not waste of perk :)

*We are speaking about PVP sniper not any fastshooter build.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:49:28 pm by greenthumb »
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 05:54:51 pm »

rbte reduces both chance to crit and crit severity, so 10%/5%. Bonehead only adds to critical severity so you'd have -20 chance to crit if they have man of steel and ca helmet.

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 06:09:24 pm »

racoon you can improve your build just replacing 1 point from IN to ST

anyway i tried to improve your build even more and i think i have suceeded ;)

did you notice this build has 5 st + weapon handling? it means you have minimal penalty from lack of st even under jet. it has 90% to hit eyes from 45 hexes. also double eyeshot is better than sniper with bruiser.

greenthumb

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 08:47:02 pm »

@roachor: well i thought that man of steel and bonehead effects(head crit resist,Crit resist) affects only crit "severity"(not chance to crit) :s anyway...

if rbte gives +10 chance to crit and +5 better crit for eyeshot/headshot for CH wearer its quite good perk. at least i believe so

@racoon: i have observed whole your build to improve it, thing is that if you replace 1 point from IN to ST you will get zero chance to hit malus from lack of ST. Ofc you will earn less SP from lowered IN during leveling but in total its only 24x2SP=48SP less thats only 16% if you invest that points to EW skill. Ofc this will work this way only if you got used jet(result = 4ST+Weapon handling = 6 = required strength for laser rfile)! total you get just +4%(+20%-16%) chance to hit and +7 CW but anyway its improvement without any flaw

I used bruiser to be able to get "action boy" perk but i would not be able with AG5. So i decided to use bruiser and have had extra 4 special points for AG. There is no other flaw from brusier than -2AP compensated with 4 special points ...

Quote from: racoon
also double eyeshot is better than sniper with bruiser
I got double eyeshot too (12AP) even with brusier, so i got double eyeshot too...

but if you see any flaw which i have not observed please let me know
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 10:18:44 pm »

make your build on nitue.net and link here at 24th lvl greenthumb
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.399 seconds with 22 queries.