FOnline Development > 3D Development

Exports from Van Buren.

<< < (2/8) > >>

Luther Blissett:
Nice one! There's a few garbled connections in there, like on the wheels - but it's easily fixable by reconnecting a few vertices here and there. Probably a triangulation/quadrangulation/import/export thing. The car model is surprisingly simple though - it should be fairly easy to adjust, and in theory if rendered at the correct size/angle and repainted carefully, an easy way to build up some extra scenery objects.

Also, yes it's very similar to that thread - though I think many of the links off there died. I can't quite remember, but I know I couldn't find what it was I was looking for.

Anyway, I got my toy cars to play with now :P
VROOOOOOM

Surf:

--- Quote from: Wipe on October 30, 2012, 11:27:07 pm ---It reminds me some old NMA thread...

--- End quote ---

All those links are down there. ;)

Wipe:

--- Quote from: Surf on October 30, 2012, 11:38:21 pm ---All those links are down there. ;)

--- End quote ---

But there's some technical blabla here and there, plus shots what else can be found - still worth to check i think.

Horatio:

--- Quote from: Luther Blissett on October 30, 2012, 11:38:06 pm ---Nice one! There's a few garbled connections in there, like on the wheels - but it's easily fixable by reconnecting a few vertices here and there. Probably a triangulation/quadrangulation/import/export thing.

--- End quote ---

No, its actually a clever shading trick to reduce polycount on wheels. Check out the renders, they are smooth.

Luther Blissett:
Think mine's more garbled than that - possibly from the Wings3D import - on the Police car I've got spiky wheels, a gap missing on the wheel arch and a wonky bonnet - it does seem to "magically" clear up a bit when rendered though (which is something I've never seen before), but not perfectly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version