"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:54:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Add ability to pick non default skin  (Read 1670 times)

Add ability to pick non default skin
« on: October 28, 2012, 03:38:57 pm »

Been suggested before countless times...
Anyway, everything is kind of the same and boring in the game, so while we are waiting for 3d era it could be cool just for fun to have an ability of skin selection (maybe 1 time per character during creation, or maybe you could buy it at barber shop). As currently if you wanna do some role-playing (and use some skins) you constantly have to chase and beg GMs for that...

Default skin selection can be limited to certain skins as example:
Tribals,
Bootleggers,
Homsteaders,
Ghoul Grazy,
Ghoul Scavenger,
Unarmored Supermutant...

This will add a bit more variety to the game and fun while we are waiting for 3d era...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
Re: Add ability to pick non default skin
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 03:42:16 pm »

Not everyone wants 3D, and the skins are fun except the mutie skin
Back In-Game :D

Pacifism

• Remember Neil Armstrong
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 11:00:52 pm »

Not everyone wants 3D, and the skins are fun except the mutie skin
I agree, 3d was announced around... er... 3 years ago? Still we've got around 60%-70% of it done and ALOT of blood sweat and virtual tears have gone into it. Personally I do not agree with this suggestion though, when I wanna look pro and chat I just throw on a broken set of Combat Armor and chat. Skins are meant to be special and if every yahoo had one that would make people who fought in Events and begged GM's for these skins very angry since now every newbie has one.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 12:01:19 am »

I agree, 3d was announced around... er... 3 years ago? Still we've got around 60%-70% of it done and ALOT of blood sweat and virtual tears have gone into it. Personally I do not agree with this suggestion though, when I wanna look pro and chat I just throw on a broken set of Combat Armor and chat. Skins are meant to be special and if every yahoo had one that would make people who fought in Events and begged GM's for these skins very angry since now every newbie has one.

how does someone else having a skin affect you in any way?

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 02:23:07 am »

Well at least that could bring population up a bit. I personally do not play as I'm bored with the game. I guess I'm not the only one, that could be a tiny feature that makes game more interesting to play.

Pacifism

• Remember Neil Armstrong
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 02:26:24 am »

how does someone else having a skin affect you in any way?
If someone fought in an event like hell to get an er... tribal skin for example, they would be rather proud to stand out in a crowd. Insert this plan and now EVERYONE has a tribal skin or something similar. People who got those skins through blood, sweat and tears are gonna be pissed.
EG: Oh look I spent the last 2 hours fighting to get this awesome dog skin "WOOF!"... Updates... Now back to NCR where... everyone has skins now?
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 05:05:13 am »

When were skins ever given out as prizes? They are already pretty common thanks to jovankas events and people pestering gms. This game needs as much visual variety as possible.

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 06:03:39 pm »

If someone fought in an event like hell to get an er... tribal skin for example, they would be rather proud to stand out in a crowd. Insert this plan and now EVERYONE has a tribal skin or something similar. People who got those skins through blood, sweat and tears are gonna be pissed.
EG: Oh look I spent the last 2 hours fighting to get this awesome dog skin "WOOF!"... Updates... Now back to NCR where... everyone has skins now?
What's your problem?
If this ever gets implemented most likely this will be after some wipe, so everyone will be in same position.
Suggestion just proposes to not to waste players' time on hunting GMs or waiting for events if they want to do some role-play.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:55:07 pm by Desert Mutt »
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 07:03:22 pm »

What's your problem?
If this ever gets implemented most likely this will be after some wipe, so everyone will be in same position.
Suggestion just proposes to not to waste players' time on hunting GMs or waiting for events if they want to do some role-play.

Maybe try reading once in your life? I was agreeing with you.

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 08:54:35 pm »

Maybe try reading once in your life? I was agreeing with you.
Sorry. Quoted wrong post. Now fixed.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 11:37:48 pm »

I'm sorry, but seeing as your avatar is a troll face, I just can't even think that you are serious.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.