"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 04:24:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hacked Accounts  (Read 2750 times)

Hacked Accounts
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:35:04 pm »

Hi everybody my fonline ingame accounts were hacked today if anybody else noticed that he was hacked too please let us know it
Re: Hacked Accounts
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 11:48:35 pm »

yeah. yesterday jovanka stole my power armor + helmet 100/100, gauss rifle, g11e and a fuckload of ammo for these from my personal tent.
i wasn't even logged in at that time.

you are an asshole, jovanka. fuck ya!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 12:59:45 am »

lol its no fun proabably thats the time were i will quit for this season , wtf ever ...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 01:21:59 am by FrankenStone »

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 10:45:21 pm »

maybe you wrote the password wrong or smth... or you pressed wrong button and wrote it in cyrilic. it happend to me once or twice.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 02:22:34 am »

maybe you wrote the password wrong or smth... or you pressed wrong button and wrote it in cyrilic. it happend to me once or twice.

lol yeah have u recognized my avatar ? knock knock ??? haha i dont think that this were my fault , my account was hacked ... he even tried to get on a char with which i was online ...

Frenchy

• TSAR
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 03:35:51 am »

Before log on, press CTRL. You'll see if your password is correct.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 10:20:30 am »

Is it just me or are there really two independent threads going on in this one?

Anyway, all i can say is recommend to use stronger password and stay away from keyloggers or try not to become a victim of phishing (easier said than done, i know).
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 12:56:06 pm »

Really sad is, that there are people with powers (GMs, Devs) who could track the character and find out who the real owner is. I mean if one character is used by one IP and suddenly at one day another IP starts to use it, it's very suspicious. Don't tell me you don't have these logs, when a player is online you probably see at least his IP (reminds me ban-happy GMs checking for same IPs to catch fast-reloggers in the past).

When it comes to banning people, every GM works hard, but when it comes to helping people, nothing is really happening, so typical. But I guess that's a human nature.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 01:25:29 pm »

Really sad is, that there are people with powers (GMs, Devs) who could track the character and find out who the real owner is. I mean if one character is used by one IP and suddenly at one day another IP starts to use it, it's very suspicious. Don't tell me you don't have these logs, when a player is online you probably see at least his IP (reminds me ban-happy GMs checking for same IPs to catch fast-reloggers in the past).

When it comes to banning people, every GM works hard, but when it comes to helping people, nothing is really happening, so typical. But I guess that's a human nature.

No need to be GM or Dev, Amboys put shit on they web site to still FOnline account etc... (if you log on FOnline same time then visite they web site). But it seems ok to do such thing because they have 0 consequence, thans for the great SOT to support them LOL.
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 02:03:20 pm »

You still angry? I guess where words fail, hate speaks.

I mean if one character is used by one IP and suddenly at one day another IP starts to use it

Dynamic IP's.

Rage master

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 02:08:26 pm »

dynamic but syou can still tell if frankie who was from germany in some strange reason is from russia now.
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 02:22:25 pm »

Imagine a situation where I play on my computer having a dynamic IP. I would still have different set of IPs than some other guy who has stolen my account (nobody stole my account its just model situation ofc). So actually he wouldn't be able to connect via any of IP addresses used before the theft, am I right?
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 02:38:09 pm »

thats all right but i have spoken yesterday with kitty at nvr and she have told me that her acount was also hacked some time ago . but she also said that she got it back ^^ and u know how ? she asked her friends to hack into the stolen acount and the problem was solved . the only problem i have with all that stuff im hearing is that it seems to be too easy to get passwords , i mean ok if u have a complex password then it maybe isnt hackable because there are too many hashes but it isnt impossible at all it depends on ur machine and ur method . otherwise ive read even when u try to get passwords with the brutforce method u always need iformations that arent on your computer , so how can it be ? best solution would be the function that your account would be locked when u have entered 3 or 5 times the wrong password , 3 imo would be better though .
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 02:49:56 pm »

So actually he wouldn't be able to connect via any of IP addresses used before the theft, am I right?

Your own Dynamic IP can change for some reasons and there might occur situations where the theft is done on circumstances that even you don't have the IP that was used on the character before, then by your point of view it wouldn't be your character anymore and the guy who stole your character would be "safe." Then again what happens when the theft is done in the same country? Dynamic IP's change, their called Dynamic for a reason.

Nobody is going to trace and check IP's then give characters or something back, too many flaws and holes.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:51:46 pm by T-888 »

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 11:04:36 pm »

if this is not a troll thread and the stories above me are true. then someone is messing arround with a bruteforce of some sort. better add custom chacters to your passwords and up and lower letters, numbers too.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.