"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:27:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pancor Jackhammer :  (Read 2381 times)

Pancor Jackhammer :
« on: October 14, 2012, 01:23:37 am »

I've read a little bit about shotguns from searching related threads here on the forums, not sure how it stands right now, but after looking on the wiki it appears that both CAWS and Pancor Jackhammer have the 'Accurate' weapon perk which adds 20% to hit chance. This is understandable since the bullpup design makes it easy to handle.

Just a thought, but I think the Pancor 'jackhammer' should also have the 'Penetrate' perk, which reduces targets damage threshold by 1/3rd.

It would also be nice to see a special function added where you can drop the drum off it and turn it into a landmine trap, with high enough skill in traps, and at the cost of a full magazine, 8AP and then reload time, possibly with a cooldown of 2 mins, where the trap dissappears after that same amount of time if it has not been set off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancor_Jackhammer

Maybe with these changes people might use shotguns as a class for factions.
Re: Pancor Jackhammer :
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 03:30:49 am »

double the range and it could be useful, short of that shotguns are the unwanted middle child of small guns. Also whoever decided shotguns are short range is an idiot, shotguns are effective at up to 120 feet.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 05:18:14 am »

Even though I'm new here, I probably couldn't agree with 50% knockdown, at least if you're talking about for more than 1 round or even just being knocked down and then standing again right away..

I do think it would be nice to pay homage to the Pancor, since the most use it'll likely ever see is in this game, it would be cool if we could do something to make it more useful.

As for the idea about adding the ability to use a full round to drop a trap, the trap could look like one of those bear traps that already exist, though maybe with additional damage or increased leg breaking capability.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 05:39:22 am »

I change my mind, I think it should have knockback instead. 50% or 100%, this gun is deserves it, shotguns have never been anything good for PvP. However, for PvE, in its current state, I do think it's okay. I also think it would be fair since frags have 100% knockdown/knockback chance, and only 4 AP is required with BRoF.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:42:20 am by McLooter »
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 08:35:37 am »

double the range and it could be useful, short of that shotguns are the unwanted middle child of small guns. Also whoever decided shotguns are short range is an idiot, shotguns are effective at up to 120 feet.

Ranges are all compressed to fit the maps.
So it is limited relative to the other guns.

Perhaps slug ammo...
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

avv

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 04:32:33 pm »

I change my mind, I think it should have knockback instead. 50% or 100%, this gun is deserves it, shotguns have never been anything good for PvP. However, for PvE, in its current state, I do think it's okay. I also think it would be fair since frags have 100% knockdown/knockback chance, and only 4 AP is required with BRoF.

Even though 100% kd chance seems rational, the gun will never kill anyone except lowhp bluesuits.

A possible solution on top of the guaranteed knockdown for burst would be that the gun deteriorates armor like 5 times faster than any other weapon. After few successful bursts you start doing real good damage.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 07:52:19 am »

In this game, shotguns aren't even effective at 5 feet, so it probably doesn't matter much.

Just pretend they gave us #9 shot, and find a rifle.

I would be okay with giving shotguns a buff, it will only help the PvE players anyway.

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 08:51:45 am »

I would be okay with giving shotguns a buff, it will only help the PvE players anyway.

Even if they were buffed to a point where it's burst is almost comparable to assault rifles and FALs, people would still use the rifles due to ammo hardly ever being a problem with these guns, so a 10-12 bullet burst compared to 3 shells burst is not that big deal.

We could get some perks like "Shotgun doctor" from fallout tactics (after extensive testing so people don't create massive shotgun troll builds) and maybe spreading the burst of the gun a little bit... Though bursting more than 4 targets woud still be innefective and more than that is just unrealistic.

I'd vote for increasing the base damage of the pancor higher than the assault rifle while leaving the other shotguns that are way too easy to find to be worth a buff alone.

brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 12:01:31 am »

the knock down would be good
Brad Smalls is back
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 03:05:24 am »

Glad to see some shotgun love <3 !!
actually, really glad about a few changes I've seen since I got back from work.
The containers are pro and the weight % is even more pro, so gratz on these changes!
Maybe someday traps will be able to be laid with the pancor, but one can only dream :P
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 03:11:53 am »

In the movie, shotgun is mid range, deadly and slow. I think it need much more damage, more AP and a little range

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 06:31:08 am »

Ranges are all compressed to fit the maps.
So it is limited relative to the other guns.

Perhaps slug ammo...

Agreed.
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 11:22:38 am »

In the movie, shotgun is mid range, deadly and slow. I think it need much more damage, more AP and a little range

Semi auto shotgun is far from slow, high damage and high firerate is what makes them devastating close range weapons. Shotguns should have double the current damage  and 1 ap less to burst to overtake bgs for close range damage.

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 11:59:52 am »

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 07:51:33 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8  :P
AA-12... good idea actually. I like it, maybe also add explosive rounds like IRL.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 26 queries.