"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 25, 2024, 08:57:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TB Big Gunner for PvE (advice needed).  (Read 4147 times)

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
TB Big Gunner for PvE (advice needed).
« on: October 11, 2012, 04:38:13 pm »

OK with the support of my alt HtH I am ready to level up a Big gunner for turn based PvE.
This is what I came up with. Please critique. The plan is to farm highly valued encounters i.e. unity/bos.

SPECIAL=6,6,10,1,6,10,1 (options jet, buffout, nuka cola)

Tag: Big Guns=210%, FA= about 150, put the rest in OD

Traits: Chem reliant,  chem resist.

Perks: bonus move, toughness, bonus ranged damage, bonus ranged damage+, more ranged damage, bonus rate of fire, lifegiver, lifegiver+

My main concern is will such build be able to solo BOS/Unity in TB?
Is there a way to improve on the build!? (any good advice is welcomed)

/regards
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:44:28 pm by AdolphbinStalin »
Re: TB Big Gunner for PvE (advice needed).
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 11:35:00 pm »

bos soldiers has loaded jhp bullets so if you will take all toughness perks, wear good armor and will inject psycho (beer too maybe) they wont kill you. anyway bg isnt good idea for farmer alt. i'd go with hybrid ew/bg. laser rifles are most common and one of best weapons in game. also you can shot 6 times in turn. m60 dont need any brd perk.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 12:08:57 am »

OK with the support of my alt HtH I am ready to level up a Big gunner for turn based PvE.
This is what I came up with. Please critique. The plan is to farm highly valued encounters i.e. unity/bos.

SPECIAL=6,6,10,1,6,10,1 (options jet, buffout, nuka cola)

Tag: Big Guns=210%, FA= about 150, put the rest in OD

Traits: Chem reliant,  chem resist.

Perks: bonus move, toughness, bonus ranged damage, bonus ranged damage+, more ranged damage, bonus rate of fire, lifegiver, lifegiver+

My main concern is will such build be able to solo BOS/Unity in TB?
Is there a way to improve on the build!? (any good advice is welcomed)

/regards
Your build sucks, looks like your going for PvP instead of PvE, and who takes drugs for PvE?! Also, 3x bonus ranged damage is a waste.

Back In-Game :D
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 12:46:57 am »

3x Bonus ranged damage is pretty effective actually.
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 01:33:13 am »

3x Bonus ranged damage is pretty effective actually.

If you are going farming with an Avenger. TS, if I were you, I would decide what weapon are you going to be using for your PvE. Avenger might not be an easy item to get for farming, unless you know that you will be able to afford such luxury.
English is not my native language, go easy on me.

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 06:01:30 am »

I haven't started leveling yet. Just brainstorming so thanks to all that replied thus far. I have lots of laser pistols & 'grease' guns that I farmed using hth build. Maybe I should make a TB 'grease gun' farmer instead? What you guys think? I already have lots of spare grease guns and ammo lying about. Just not sure whether I should go burster perks or single shot critical hitter.

I am leaning towards a burster grease gunner

SPECIAL: 5,7,10,1,6,10,1

tag: small guns=201, repair=100, OD=100 (according to planner still will be able afford doc= 100)

Traits:Chem reliant,  chem resist. (psycho, cigs, beer + metal armour <-easy to farm)
Perks: bonus move, toughness, bonus ranged damage, bonus ranged damage+, more ranged damage, bonus rate of fire, even tougher, adrenaline rush.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 11:03:28 am »

I don't think grease gun will cut it for the BoS farming you mentioned. Should do fine with unity though.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 11:12:34 am »

dude, you were crying you can't farm high tier gear with fists anymore. what does high tier gear mean for you? because you can't do SHIT with a grease burster.

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 03:55:05 pm »

I've decided to level up (currently level 4), a TB BIG gunner x2 burster with bonus move, x2 action boy, x3brd, brof, & toughness. Optional-> psycho, beer and cigs combo. I got plenty of flamers and ammo lying about and my hth can farm the stuff easily. I am leveling up using flamer. Once I hit 24 I will try my luck at farming a few M60's to use for farming BOS/Unity/Mutie Remnants etc. Hope it works (>.<)

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 02:46:39 am »

I've decided to level up (currently level 4), a TB BIG gunner x2 burster with bonus move, x2 action boy, x3brd, brof, & toughness. Optional-> psycho, beer and cigs combo. I got plenty of flamers and ammo lying about and my hth can farm the stuff easily. I am leveling up using flamer. Once I hit 24 I will try my luck at farming a few M60's to use for farming BOS/Unity/Mutie Remnants etc. Hope it works (>.<)

Don't bother farming m-60's with your hth or flamer  ::) Craft it, to get the ammo just farm the "weak raiders" near the Broken Hills (every encounter has a raider with an fn-fal and some 7.62 ammo) I believe there is a bug attm that that encounter does not reduce   any reputation, so you can safely farm them all day long.
PS fal is pretty kick-ass and another hint : you do NOT want to go farming m-60 by yourself in your case. ( No offence)
English is not my native language, go easy on me.

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 12:38:51 pm »

I am probably going to go with brof and instead of x3 brd take x2 lifegiver and x1 even more toughness together with psycho+beer+cig combo. According to calculator with m60 it should still be enough fire power to take out x1 unity/mutant remnant in one turn with x2 burst at 1hex. I am also going to stick to vs encounters. But yeah you're right M60 is easily craftable, also thanx for the advice on ammo.

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 10:58:43 am »

Ok I am approaching level 21 and have a dilemma (my big gun TB x2 burster so far- SPECIAL= 6,6,10,1,6,10,1; chem reliant, chem resistant; bonus move, toughness, even tougher, action boy x2, BRoF)

now with beer and psycho + CA I will have 75% resistance; 15% x2 toughness, 40% CA, 15% Psycho, 5% beer.

With this build I will stick to farming vs encounters Unity, Bos, Mutants only. Starting of with M60 until I can get my hands on better weapons. My HtH build can easily farm Khan Raiders for 7.62mm (in fact i already farmed 1k worth of 7.62mm ammo).

*note My hth build can farm solo everything except BoS, mutants, unity, enclave. So the purpose of this build was to solo BOS, unity, mutants.

Here's my delima with 75% resistance is is worth taking x2 lifegivers for pve TB farming or should i go for more ranged damage + bonus ranged damage for x5 damage per bullet!? (since m60 does 10 bullets/burst at 1hex that's potential 50 damage per burst (i also don't necessary plan to sticking with m60 if there is a better big weapon available). Or is M60 the best big for farming?

/regards
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:03:32 am by AdolphbinStalin »

Rage master

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 11:07:57 am »

Dude? Chem res chem reliant at same Time? Wtf :) take bone hear and small frame.
6/8/10/1/4/10/1 3.adr rush/bon move 6.touggnes 9.even tough 12.lg 15.lg 18.brof 21.ab 24.ab and shoot with m60 12+2ap and max resist, u can take psyho and smokes and beer. Ur build with psyho and beer will Have 2pe :)
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 11:44:23 am »

m60 is nice because it doesn't need brd perks to be effective and it only needs reloading after 10 shots.
"I am condemned without end." -Crovax

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 12:52:24 pm »

Dude? Chem res chem reliant at same Time? Wtf :) take bone hear and small frame.
6/8/10/1/4/10/1 3.adr rush/bon move 6.touggnes 9.even tough 12.lg 15.lg 18.brof 21.ab 24.ab and shoot with m60 12+2ap and max resist, u can take psyho and smokes and beer. Ur build with psyho and beer will Have 2pe :)
Yes cigs are a given so i didn't bother mentioning :)
Chem reliant makes drugs last twice as long, albeit drug addiction is permanent so hence drug reliant- to avoid permanent -1 to AP with using psycho.
I guess judging by above two posters I am leaning more towards lifegiver. I guess I'll level up to 23 and wait for more suggestions and then possibly go for lifegiver x2.
Only concern I have with taking lifegivers over MRD+BRD is that I will be limited to farming with M60 instead of minigun/Avenger etc.???
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 01:06:45 pm by AdolphbinStalin »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 24 queries.