"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:41:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Variation in drug addiction effects  (Read 1365 times)

Variation in drug addiction effects
« on: October 08, 2012, 04:45:07 pm »

Currently the -1 max ap is the same for every addiction. There should be specific debuffs for each drug, its silly that jet and nuka cola have the same withdrawl effects.
I suggest something like this:

Nuka: -1 agi
Cigs: -1 cha
Buff: -2 end
jet: -1 max ap
Beer: -1 pe
mentats: -2 int
Psycho: -1 str

avv

Re: Variation in drug addiction effects
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:56:22 pm »

In the end it doesn't matter what the effect is. Characters who rely heavily on drugs don't do anything unless they are drugged, thus very few players actually have to deal with the withdrawal effect in any way.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:02:57 pm »

Cigs: -1 cha

So:

If you have 1 ST, there is no debuff for Psycho.
The same goes in case of other SPECIALs at 1, which happens a lot.
Mentats don't seem to have debuff almost at all (-2 INT? Who cares, if you don't count some quests?)
If you are a combat powerbuild which isn't a leader, there is no debuff for cigs.

Drug effects are fine as they are IMO.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:05:56 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 05:05:15 pm »

mentats are purely rp drug, why should they have a significant debuff? You don't think its stupid that hard drugs and soda pop have the same withdrawl? And if drug builds don't really care about the debuff why do you want to keep it?

avv

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 05:06:07 pm »

And if drug builds don't really care about the debuff why do you want to keep it?

That's what I'd like to know too.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 05:13:48 pm »

I never took mentats to do anything resembling rp, I don't know what you mean by "rp drug".
I was taking them when I wanted to get max slaves/mercs to do PvP on a drug-leader build

Characters who rely heavily on drugs don't do anything unless they are drugged
And who said that drugs have to be only for characters who "rely heavily on drugs"...

I played a lot with JET addict and took drugs only when serious combat was going on.
It wasn't the only thing that I was doing on this character and never had much problem
with having the character weaker on occasion. But of course it did affect my gameplay.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:55:09 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 12:42:37 am »

Ok so with chem reliant everything can be permanent addiction, which means you can have what -6 maximum ap? what happens when you have less than enough ap to take the drugs in the first place?

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 01:27:10 pm »

Dunno I had quite a nice fun with my 5 AP jet addict big gunner last season. It was funny. Personally I like the idea for different withdrawal effects but I think that making them give - to stats that already at 1 wouldn't work. Maybe it would be better to make them give randomly -1 AP or -2 to one of the player stat or -60% to all skills and these withdrawals would go around randomly after 1-2 hours. But it would be hard to implement and most players hate randomness still I think it would be an interesting thing.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 01:28:42 pm »

Ok so with chem reliant everything can be permanent addiction, which means you can have what -6 maximum ap? what happens when you have less than enough ap to take the drugs in the first place?

Tested, your life is ruined. ;D

I have a sneaker who can't sneak without drugs, epic, funny shit. :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:33:45 pm by T-888 »

avv

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 01:32:28 pm »

Dunno I had quite a nice fun with my 5 AP jet addict big gunner last season. It was funny. Personally I like the idea for different withdrawal effects but I think that making them give - to stats that already at 1 wouldn't work. Maybe it would be better to make them give randomly -1 AP or -2 to one of the player stat or -60% to all skills and these withdrawals would go around randomly after 1-2 hours. But it would be hard to implement and most players hate randomness still I think it would be an interesting thing.

Interesting? It can't be interesting if player never experiences this interesting withdrawal time.

The situations Jovanka and you explained are not the best way to do things. It's not the best way to use a drug-addicted character without taking drugs. Features need to be balanced by measuring how powergamers and tryhards use them. Not how thrillseekers and roleplayers use them because roleplaying can't be measured or scaled.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 26 queries.