"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 13, 2024, 01:55:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Dirty tactics in PvP  (Read 19892 times)

Dirty tactics in PvP
« on: October 05, 2012, 07:12:12 pm »

Hawks vs TNBs dirty PvPII - Redding (19.09.2012)

Mess with SoT, die like a bot.

One guy makes a team cry, damn, i will encourage our bomb expert to be more active. Players want to see a feature changed because of one guy .... da fuk?

Make some proper suggestion then. ( SoT one guy uses bombs, they cheat, we can't win, change feature plox )

;D

I will take pity on you.

Plastic explosives don't grow in tree's, you can loose only that much until detonator parts run out, the solution for your problem are two words - motion sensor. If you think you are any good in PvP and clever enough, you'll think of something. 1 motion sensor per one big fight, someone to check your backs, or make groups in 3-4 to lure our bomber near your motion sensor splitting everyone else in proper position ( has to be done anyway, rape trains aren't very good due to popular rocket launchers that usually ruins the day of rape trains ).

Jesus, couldn't you think of that yourself? Nobody has thought about that, seriously? Deny few plastic explosives and you eliminate the threat of them for the rest of evening, maybe our bomb expert will not be lucky enough to buy detonators the next day or won't have time for that. Be successful for a prolong period of time and bombs might be washed away as a flawed tactic, but only if you can manage that and not be afraid to loose a motion sensor or two per fight, also get some of them.

I will say it, noobs.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:50:43 pm by T-888 »
Re: Dirty tactics in PvP
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:51:11 pm »

I will say it, noobs.

I was a bomber i know its funny and expensive job .
BUT yesterday we all die because you used 5 bombers and kill half of us . I know its funny but used bomb like you yesterday its way to discourage pvp.  This tactic only bring a lot of "troll  TC" or "sneak TC".  ::)
Have fun!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 10:16:50 pm »

Did you read what i wrote? It's expensive to bomb, so we only encourage you to adapt and improve and counter, adding some complexity to PvP, it is all doable to fight us, but it is up to you to make it happen and work the way you want it.

Maybe the learning curve in fonline is not so small after all.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:19:34 pm by T-888 »

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:19:50 pm »

I saw a video 2-4 weeks ago where 9 COA face 12 TNB in Redding if I remember right. It could be a nice fight, COA under sherif and TNB coming from both side of sherrif. But just before the fight TNB send 2 bomber who kill 3 of our guys, result it was 6 vs 12 - short and boring engagement. Our guys decide to relog, hoping to find some fun on second wave despit of fighting 12 guys with 9 people, but TNB decide to spawn 2 pack of muties on our guys for another short and boring fight.

FR make fight longer in funner IMO, merc and bomber are just boring as hell. But nothing change, it was always the way SOT play, all for victory, fun go second.

Question is, why COA are so inactive those they? Btw I see a SOT I thing in this thread say we fight alwasy with 20-30 people, make me laugh  ;D

EDIT: BTW T-88, every one there can hire pack of merc, make bomber, that don't make that more interesting. When we restart playing few month ago we got a rules, we never use merc and for a long time BBS didnt use it as well VS us, this period was pretty nice fight I have to say.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:22:32 pm by LeMark »
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 10:31:09 pm »

Did you read what i wrote? It's expensive to bomb, so we only encourage you to adapt and improve and counter, adding some complexity to PvP, it is all doable to fight us, but it is up to you to make it happen and work the way you want it.

Maybe the learning curve in fonline is not so small after all.

Lol, real advice how to do real pvp. Actually, I will prefer give for a while pause, then bring some stupid motion sensor to each fight without result and died on next 3 proxy bombers or make it same to others and acting like moron everywhere (forum, game).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:35:13 pm by -Fojtik- »
- The Hawks -
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 10:41:24 pm »

I saw a video 2-4 weeks ago where 9 COA face 12 TNB in Redding if I remember right. It could be a nice fight, COA under sherif and TNB coming from both side of sherrif. But just before the fight TNB send 2 bomber who kill 3 of our guys, result it was 6 vs 12 - short and boring engagement. Our guys decide to relog, hoping to find some fun on second wave despit of fighting 12 guys with 9 people, but TNB decide to spawn 2 pack of muties on our guys for another short and boring fight.

FR make fight longer in funner IMO, merc and bomber are just boring as hell. But nothing change, it was always the way SOT play, all for victory, fun go second.

Question is, why COA are so inactive those they? Btw I see a SOT I thing in this thread say we fight alwasy with 20-30 people, make me laugh  ;D

EDIT: BTW T-88, every one there can hire pack of merc, make bomber, that don't make that more interesting. When we restart playing few month ago we got a rules, we never use merc and for a long time BBS didnt use it as well VS us, this period was pretty nice fight I have to say.

Fair is not something to reach for in this game. I remember one day when you just back-stabbed us like very hard two times, multiple teams engaging on our forces. Do you think that will stop us? No. We will prepare everything to manage these situations, fight as fast as possible to reduce threat and window of opportunity for third teams on world map, we will use every and single advantage necessary to equalize the odds, this is the magic about this game we love. Things can go so wrong in the worst situations possible, but then again there is so much you can do about it. Why take the chances and not use mutants or bombers if there is like a constant threat of a third team attacking us every single time we fight someone conventionally, it's called trial and error, you improve upon your mistakes and use your previous experience in future being pragmatic by just speculating of what can happen as a theory. It might sound very complicated and serious, but actually it is just common sense, you get back-stabbed once and next time you try to prevent, we do it as we can. Of course it is never fun to be on the loosing side, but when we loose, we see it as an opportunity and space to improve and continue playing, get kicked once and twice, let's say players shape up and have a reason to play, dammit, have some moral.

All do respect, you being an experienced player, i am surprised you are so centered about fair play on 2238.

Lol, real advice how to do real pvp. Actually, I will prefer give for a while pause, then bring some stupid motion sensor to each fight without result and died on next 3 proxy bombers or make it same to others and acting like moron everywhere (forum, game).

I am not fond of your definition of what is fair player versus player, this game is not fair by itself. We proven to be good in conventional fighting over the long period of time we have played this game, acting like a moron on forum or whatever you think we are or i am and we act or i act is quite weird actually, it is a game and we are good at it.

Sue us now.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:43:46 pm by T-888 »

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 11:49:49 pm »

guys have even tried to speak with us about some good pvp in some other city then brokenhills/redding? try someday, we are really opened for some good fights without any bombers, ac trolls and other shit! just let us know sooner and start timer in klmath/den/modoc/gecko.

please stop telling that we are destorying pvp, lol. every gang does. one way or another, its more complicated becouse every action have reaction. playing unfair? lol some players in every single gang playing dirty and dont even try to deny it.

btw have you even considered not using "ac trolls" ? probably we are the last gang which is not using that shit. especialy for looting - thats even lower then proxy bombing.
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 12:27:22 am »

Hah, yeah let us try that, we would keep our word if we agreed for no bombers and trolls and shit like that, but i am more than sure other gangs will not keep their word and there will be those who will never hear about that or respect that. Making some agreement is like signing a word dumb-ass on your forehead, it will not work.

I wouldn't mind if i wouldn't have to drag those mutants to each and every city, but i guess it is not really possible.

Or we could try and do it flashy with some big meeting and shaking hands in some city, on the other hand nobody would melt because of that, though the chances of success are like very bad.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:40:59 am by T-888 »

JovankaB

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 11:21:52 am »

Keep this discussion civilized so I don't have to lock it like the one about bombs.

The topic title is from me, it was split from screenshot and movies topic.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 03:28:14 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 03:17:09 pm »

Dirty tactics? Hannibal used an army of war elephants. Scipio ordered his troops to make as much noise as possible and the elephants ran back in chaos and collided with Hannibal's own cavalry.

Battles are about using all tactics available and the great leaders in history are known for their "dirty" tactics. The opposite side just has to make the best of it like Scipio did when the elephants were charging at his men.

If you want pvp without these tactics then we have Hinkley.

Fat Man

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 03:35:08 pm »

But the difference the great victors of history only had one chance to get it right they didn't have replication tents, fast relog and multiple characters on world map ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:26:13 pm by Fat Man »
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 06:10:37 pm »

Battles are about using all tactics available and the great leaders in history are known for their "dirty" tactics. The opposite side just has to make the best of it like Scipio did when the elephants were charging at his men.

Like the perfect analogy, nice.

Termap

• The King of Cleverness
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 06:24:10 pm »

But you forget to the several things:
real life, computer game, depends how much time you spend into this game, is not possible to use same character X-times as in reality, is not possible to use more characters as in reality, it is not possible to use infinite resources like as in reality, it is not a tactics but imperfect game anarchy. If you wanna good game, then only with rules and equal opportunities for all (think in terms of time)! At the same time, you can increase weapon damage and range bombs, you will die on the first shot from a sniper or rocket or only have one chance at life in game. And still a several factors missing, then we can talk about a little bit similar conditions. Victory in this game depends just how much time you are able to lose from your real life, ideal for owners (ehmm devs) of hidden advertising banners.

Wake up its a Computer Game without game mechanisms, which people stop playing!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:13:17 pm by Termap »
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 10:35:29 pm »

;D

Don't over-exaggerate, it is like in any game, you play more you get better.

Termap

• The King of Cleverness
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 10:40:20 pm »

;D

Don't over-exaggerate, it is like in any game, you play more you get better.

Thats what I am talking about all time, but you take it very seriously.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 24 queries.