"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 04:12:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Military semi-simulator/sim games  (Read 3967 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Military semi-simulator/sim games
« on: September 29, 2012, 10:07:01 pm »

Anyone got something to suggest? Something in the vein of Delta Force 2, to some extent even Battle Field games. I'm kinda into this kind of semi-realistic/full sim thing. You know - large environments, iron sights and stuff like that.

Games I've already played and enjoyed:
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2
Delta Force 1 and 2
Insurgency (Sourcemod)
Something I've already forgotten. >.>
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Military semi-simulator/sim games
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 10:39:59 pm »

ArmA2, the best one out there, afaik. Also it has a truckton of mods for kind of everything that exists in the military.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 10:45:30 pm »

World of Tanks

Red Orchrestra 2 ---- Best One

A.V.A

Americas Army 3

Battlefield 3 / Bad Company 2

ArmA2, the best one out there, afaik. Also it has a truckton of mods for kind of everything that exists in the military.
I want ARMA 3 to come out already :P, can't wait for it
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:56:20 pm by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »
Back In-Game :D

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 10:57:18 pm »

World of Tanks is not a simulation, it is an arcade tank shooter. :>

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 10:59:38 pm »

Still fun to play though

especially with the new physics, WOW, I love ramming with the Jagd E-100, its so much fun
Back In-Game :D

Knife_cz

• Ah yes 'Reapers'. Get out of here stalker.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 12:57:46 am »

Try Resistance and Liberation - a Source Mod. It is quite realistic in my opinion.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWWKDf2rEHQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWWKDf2rEHQ</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtVSmLkaNBg" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtVSmLkaNBg</a>

There are some main perks making this 'realistic' like..you have to basically climb over stuff, you can't really jump without getting super-exghausted, or microphone - only local, only people around you can hear you. No HUD. And so on, I won't list everything here, if you are interested just check http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/About .

Fat Man

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 06:28:37 am »

I guess I am an old school gamer, but day of defeat was a really good world war 2 game. I have yet to try day of defeat source.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 08:07:25 am »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R games have some realistic mechanics like, weapon jamming,deterioration,radiation,hunger..ecc and they are good games. I have also read somewhere that they are making S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 so that's something. You should also play Metro 2033, that's another great game but unfortunately its not that realistic.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 08:56:18 am »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R games have some realistic mechanics like, weapon jamming,deterioration,radiation,hunger..ecc and they are good games. I have also read somewhere that they are making S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 so that's something. You should also play Metro 2033, that's another great game but unfortunately its not that realistic.

Metro was pretty realistic, I mean the only this that was somewhat fake was the amount of Health Players / NPC's had. But even then it only took a few shots to take somebody down.

Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 10:21:59 am »

Well, I know one very interesting game, Heroes and Generals. You can play via internet browser and it is "platform" to play strategic map (browser map) and action game (FPS). Here is example video about it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-bdlF209os" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-bdlF209os</a>

Website.

Haraldx

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 10:51:11 am »

Resistance and Liberation looks pretty cool. Might give it a shot.

Regarding ArmA 2 and Red Orchestra 2 - I've been looking at these 2 for some time, at this moment I'm dissapointed in my computer, my processor is quite old and can't run neither of those. Darn!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are great, the weapon handling is a great improvement over other games *coughcallofdutycough* where you can empty an entire clip without even moving your mouse and still be able to hit one spot. It's not exactly what I'm looking for, but these games are still great. HOWEVER, Gob, you are wrong about the fact that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is coming out. It was cancelled, and GSC (the creators of STALKER games) remade their company, called it Vostok games (Vostok, as in the place of Ukraine), and started a new post-apocalyptic survival MMO. Think DayZ meets STALKER + something.

America's Army - Well, I was dissapointed in AA2, so I'm not so sure about AA3. It just felt too... Too arcadish, yet realistic. It's like somebody threw together Call of Duty and added suppresion effect, made weapon damage times 3 and voila, you got a game that got me nowhere. Let's not even get started about the fact I couldn't find a single server that didn't have some kind of a mod installed on top of it.

A.V.A doesn't seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe I'm just prejudging, but it looks more like a skill based shooter (which isn't that bad).

Heroes and Generals looks promising, if it has come out of beta phase, I might give that a shot.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 12:24:56 pm »

It is something in-between.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 12:58:05 pm »

Wow.

Thanks for this info, seems like really neat, have to try it out sometime today. :)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 12:58:58 pm »

It is something in-between.

Not really, no.

Haraldx

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 03:38:53 pm »

Heroes and Generals looks promising, if it has come out of beta phase, I might give that a shot.
Forget what I said, looked at some more videos, signed up for the beta. Now I just have to wait... Just have to wait...
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 24 queries.