"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 03:49:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mr Sarcastic’s quick start guide  (Read 4094 times)

MrSarcastic

• War doesn't determine who's right. Only who's left
    • WWAA Shop
Mr Sarcastic’s quick start guide
« on: September 20, 2012, 10:00:47 pm »

Hey guys. When I started my adventure with Fonline 2238 I was like a child in the dark. Environment was very hostile, gear hard to obtain and ways to level up limited. But I made it.
Thanks to Wiki, few great guys on forum and in game and my own initiative I was able to survive and start having really good time in the Wasteland. Here are some tips I’d like to share with you.

Starting party – It’s almost impossible to play having only one char. Well, you can but other players having tens of alts will have a large advantage over you which is frustrating. So let’s start with 3 characters: Miner, Fighter and Crafter.

Miner:
Our first character - can fight without weapons, excellent starting char, can stay on lvl 6 and just mine resources for much more advanced team. Funny thing is that thanks to HtH traits and high STR he can easily take out an Enclave Patroller with an Avenger Minigun.

10 STR – high Carry Weight (CW)
10 END – lot of Hit Points (HP)
6 PER – doesn’t really matter for this build but can have Awareness
1 CHA – not important
6 INT – 17 Skill Points (SP) per level
10 AGL – necessary to compensate loss of 2 action points (AP) caused by taking Bruiser
1 LCK – not important

Traits: Bruiser and Heavy Handed - typical Hand to Hand (HtH) set
Tag: Unarmed (basic fighting skill without gear) First Aid (to heal in real time) and Outdoorsman (better chance to find resources, chance to avoid combat, can build safehouses)
Perks: Strong Back and Pack Rat, HtH perks

Crafter:
Once we get first 1500 caps we can buy Gunsmith profession and craft first guns. Raise Science to 100 ASAP and get Educated and Swift Learner perks for maximum learning efficiency. This char sucks in combat but can level up by crafting quite well.

10 STR – high CW
2 END – not important
6 PER – doesn’t really matter for this build but can have Awareness
3 CHA – not important but can do quests
10 INT – decent amount of SP
8 AGL – 9 AP just in case
1 LCK – not important

Traits: Skilled (extra 5 SP) and Loner (10% more exp)
Tag: Repair (requirement for Gunsmith and Armorer), Science (100 required for support perks, better dismantling), Doctor (if you want to craft medicines with this char too) or Small Guns (if you want to level up by killing rats and shit)
Perks: Pack rat for CW and anything you fancy after that

TB Fighter:
Now that you can craft a Combat Shotgun or Grease Gun (or a laser pistol if you have Energy Weapons ambitions) it’s a time to kill something. This char is an excellent PvE fighter but can be easily overpowered by a specialized PvP build. With some effort he can take out a VC patrol by himself and is a welcome addition to every TB hunt organized by players (it’s about time you start looking for friends too)

5 STR – so you don’t need Weapon Handling Perk (6 for laser rifle)
8 END – decent HP and can take 2 levels of Toughness
6 PER – can have Awareness
3 CHA – not very important but can do quests and lead 2 people
7 INT – decent amount of SP (6 if u need 6 STR)
10 AGL – absolute must
1 LCK – not important

Traits: Fast Shot (looove it) and Fast Metabolism for faster healing
Tag: SG or EW depending on your choice, Throwing/First Aid/Unarmed (depending on your game style), Outdoorsman (100 to build a safe house – I like them, he can also tame brahmin)
Perks: Bonus Move, 2x Action Boy, Bonus Rate of Fire are all necessary.

Ok. Now that we have our dream team lets start.
-   Get miner to collect some flint and create few primitive tools
-   Obtain some wood and at least 6 iron ores
-   Craft sledgehammer and continue mining
-   Craft spiked knuckles and kill some stuff to get first few lvls.
-   Get 10 Brahmin Hides either by killing cows or trading in Klamath or Redding
-   Craft low level guns and gather plants (broc, xander, fruits) to get 1500 caps
-   Once u have Combat Shotgun and are around 10 lvl you can start enjoying your game

Quick EXP (if not stated otherwise 3 CHA is required)
-   Lil Jesus Package to Metzger (800+1300 exp) – some risk involved as you may get PKed in Den. Do it as first quest. If you fail you can restart your char and try again.
-   Orville Wright’s Contacts (400exp) – cant have 10 END or AGL
-   Jacob/Gunrunners negotiations (750 exp)
-   Missing Husband from Hub (300+300 exp)
-   Shovel for Dan (300 exp)
-   Radscorpion Eggs (250+250 exp) – someone can kill radscorpions for you
-   Repair Mr. Handy (500+500exp + .233 pistol blueprint) – need 800 caps
-   Convince Doc Johnson in Redding to stop selling Jet (1000exp) did that with 10 CHA
-   Dangerous Dan’s Jet Supply (1500exp) – at least 6 CHA, very high risk involved in visiting Commercial Row in New Reno – do it in a bluesuit

Other alternative characters (alts) you may consider creating:
EW sniper (10 luck, critical perks), Crippler (finesse, 10 luck, critical perks, 14mm pistol), Trader (high CW, CHA and barter for longer timer, at least 6AP to burst thiefes), Lockpicker (Lockpick, Traps, some weapon skill to lvl up, skilled, loner) PvP builds (buffed HP, resistance perks, weapon skill + first aid and doctor)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:02:54 pm by MrSarcastic »
Idling....
Re: Mr Sarcastic’s quick start guide
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 10:12:19 pm »

crafter and miner are not necessary since you can farm all stuff you can imagine. i'd suggest new player to make slaver char instead of crafter/miner and do only slaverun quests.

MrSarcastic

• War doesn't determine who's right. Only who's left
    • WWAA Shop
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:42:02 am »

This is intended to be a guide for new starters. You cant farm stuff or enslave people without decent gear and some experience. Those 3 chars are the core of my team. I have a few 24 lvl fighters but still use armors crafted by my first char. Armors are good example - amount of protection they provide depends on deterioration- 100/100 metal is much better than farmed CA.
Idling....

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 06:39:59 am »

-You cant farm stuff or enslave people without decent gear and some experience.

Sorry, thats just newbie bullshit.

Example slaver alt : unarmed, speech, outdoorsman, traits :heavy handed, anything,
go for high ag , high charisma, high end, low pe, low lk, rest balance to make some starter quests
Do the quests with case, and around the towns for first 100% outdoorsman and 100% unarme,d get spiked knuckless, and level up a bit on anything (from rats to molerats), get some toughness perks to the 9 lvl , get 150% speech, go to the Ms. Kitty get the perks you need, take some ropes and enslave anything from near den and sell here.
h
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 01:54:01 pm »

This is intended to be a guide for new starters. You cant farm stuff or enslave people without decent gear and some experience

you can, trust me. i saw many newbies teaming up with experienced players and hunting unities..
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 04:08:29 pm »

It's not a bad guide, but it's easy enough to combine a miner and crafter into one character. 6 ST is fine for small guns or energy weapon use--and you'd be better off pumping endurance up to 6 to get Even Tougher, one of the most helpful traits for taking on low level critters. Also it's easy enough to take bruiser, take agility up to 10...and why IN at 10? 8 gives you plenty of skill points, especially if you don't bother with crafting meds (which can be gotten through barter).

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 02:12:22 pm »

This is a build for solo players to steal gear from BOS; worked well last session, albeit I haven't played this game since early part of year. Level 12 is enough and you level up on mutated molerats (mm's have weakness when punched in the eyes- they can be killed in one hit).
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 04:51:02 pm »

-You cant farm stuff or enslave people without decent gear and some experience.

Sorry, thats just newbie bullshit.
Again acting like a kid?

I like this guide because it does not require high knowledge in building char which unarmed slaver does. And i also think you can combine Miner / Crafter to one build but its not necessary.

Maybe i would suggest some dirty work on level 1 to get at least first 1500 caps (Shit showeling in NCR or Lifting caravan boxes) coz Traders usualy dont have any money. (Probably this was hardest task for me when i started)
More easier ways to obtain money on level 1 are welcome.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 04:59:10 pm »

Again acting like a kid?

I like this guide because it does not require high knowledge in building char which unarmed slaver does. And i also think you can combine Miner / Crafter to one build but its not necessary.

Maybe i would suggest some dirty work on level 1 to get at least first 1500 caps (Shit showeling in NCR or Lifting caravan boxes) coz Traders usualy dont have any money. (Probably this was hardest task for me when i started)
Really, you got some personal problems then use pm, I don't need another mod warning for explaining shit to you in the posts about the forum.

The unarmed build is easiest, does not need even a chimpaneze brain to understand it, you just join Metzger's faction, get a spiked knuckless , get 3 lvl, couple of ghoul spear merces then put them in tent, and enslave rave parties for cash, REALLY BIG DEAL.
h

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 05:04:27 pm »

This is a build for solo players to steal gear from BOS; worked well last session, albeit I haven't played this game since early part of year. Level 12 is enough and you level up on mutated molerats (mm's have weakness when punched in the eyes- they can be killed in one hit).
Whoo steals from BoS? Why not kill them like me :D
Back In-Game :D
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 05:06:57 pm »

slaveruns. shit shoveling is for retards

edit:
from slaveruns you get
-up to 10k caps
-100/100 metal armors and masks
-100/100 leather jackets and leather jacket helmets
-100/100 guns (10mm, shotguns etc)

and you need to spend 5 minutes, not 5 hours
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 05:09:17 pm by racoon »
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 05:21:42 pm »

Yes racoon, slaveruns are great way to obtain money / equip but.

This guide is for newbies(who never played this game before) and they don't know even where Den is (mostly fans of F1/F2)...
So safest way to get first money (first 1500 caps) is SS or LCB because of many changes in fundaments of game - this is my opinion, not forcing anybody else to approve it...

Really, you got some personal problems then use pm, I don't need another mod warning for explaining shit to you in the posts about the forum.
No i do not have any personal problems with you but almost every post from you i randomly read is agresive or insulting. Man this is comunity of mostly adult people so we know how to handle communication in more appropriate way. So i don't know whats your problem?

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 06:15:49 pm »

Whoo steals from BoS? Why not kill them like me :D
The truth is farming profitable encounters is the way to go in this game; can be achieved using more than one approach. Perhaps you should contribute to the thread and post you char!?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 06:31:53 pm »

Perhaps you should contribute to the thread and post you char!?
Post a character for what? Stealing or just any character?
Back In-Game :D
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 07:00:28 pm »

Again acting like a kid?

Those ways are pretty boring; heck you could craft 30 alloys and I'd give you 1500 for them. Even hunting junk and making spears is more fun; at least you can jump in random locations on the world map while traveling somewhere.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.