"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 03:19:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

What idea do you like or dislike? (6 votes per user max)

I like weapon failure idea
I like day/night idea
I like rain idea
I like interiors idea
I like blast of weapon idea
I like training accademy idea
I dont like any idea

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Huge weapon's changes  (Read 5189 times)

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
Re: Huge weapon's changes
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 03:53:44 pm »

Some ideas are indeed good but in general its too hard to implement or balance it. Its way more complex than current combat system that is compared to this simple yet balance is still nightmare. But one thing is for sure. Game needs changes in basic mechanics whenever it comes down to combat or character development it inherited mechanics that work well in SP but for MP its completely different case. I like some ideas described here but they are imho just details compared to what should be done first. And thats mainly stable and balance-able combat mechanics that will not only support players skills but it will also allow players to learn and get better using them. Current system is based on you character numbers. Simply choose right build and then start shooting first ask questions (=loot) later. Player and his skills are pushed to the background if they are there at all. I mean take 2 completely same builds (doesn't matter if its sniper/minigunner/plasma maniac...) and 2 separate players. Only thing that can define who is a noob and who is a veteran is how fast they can click. Sure something like tactics play huge role here too but all tactic are pretty much the same: surprise and attack as 1st or choose your position well so you can shoot again as 1st. When it comes to 1on1 skirmish then its click-battle and only thing that decides if you loose/win is your speed and reaction time.

So when you think about it then FOnline combat system is pretty much like Counter-Strike. Its all about reflexes and your aim but instead of aiming at moving heads you aim at text in popup window that say "Eyes"  ::).

I would like to see combat system where you can choose how to attack, which ability to use etc. Thats what http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3681.0 is pretty much about and I like that.

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 04:28:55 pm »

This is not fantasy battle beetwen knight and dragon. i don't want to watch 2 staying character's chating/shooting/healing each other for few minute's.

We have gun's, granade's and rocket's here - longer fight's will kill all dynamics/realism/f2style combat system.

All fallout is about that - one lucky shoot/burst can win fight.

+1

Sorry Lordus, but most of your ideas would kill the game :/

I have super idea! Change burst with XL70E3 from 8 to 10 bullets and everyone will be happy! :D
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 05:07:07 pm »

+1

Sorry Lordus, but most of your ideas would kill the game :/

I have super idea! Change burst with XL70E3 from 8 to 10 bullets and everyone will be happy! :D

I will tell you my experience.

Last era, there was one terrible enemy for us, Dr. Queen. His char was on psycho. I remember, that we camped in houses in Den city and they rushed us. I killed 2 enemy with my sniper riffle, but then Dr. Queen saw me. He came close to the window, i hit him into the eyes for 9 HP damage. He give me 2 bursts for total dmg of 200 HP. I was angry, not because of system, but i started to think.

Next fight, i ordered our snipers to attack Dr. Queen only to his hands, never to his eyes. And it was succes for us. We shooted his weapon out of his hands, maybe we crippled him.

This was tactic, and it was fun. I was unable to kill him, but we unarmed him. More than click click death fight. Implement my changes and you will have plenty of this tactic opportunities.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 05:10:59 pm by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 06:00:52 pm »

This was tactic, and it was fun. I was unable to kill him, but we unarmed him. More than click click death fight. Implement my changes and you will have plenty of this tactic opportunities.
You kidding? Shooting at hands is the best idea ever, eye-shots of couse cool, but shooting at hand with atleast 31% crit = almost always they drop weapon + often cripple hand, that's really nice. In PvE vs mobsters these damned bruiser in blue suit and his 2 girls often fight with thier crippled hands. And tough deathclaw with crippled legs is useless slow turtle. Also using pistols for cripple is good idea - only 5 AP without BRoF, and 4 AP with.
P.S. Use desert eagle, because it looks cool! .223 Pistol is for damned... hmm... don't know.

avv

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 06:14:40 pm »

Ignorant, selfish, lazy and prejudicive voters! -17?? Who on earth is seriously against day/nightitme effects? Those offer obvious strategical options to the fighting system. Or that fights should last longer?? Voting for sure isn't good way to measure people's opinions.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 06:59:39 pm »

Ignorant, selfish, lazy and prejudicive voters! -17?? Who on earth is seriously against day/nightitme effects? Those offer obvious strategical options to the fighting system. Or that fights should last longer?? Voting for sure isn't good way to measure people's opinions.

So you basically say with day/night snipers get easier job killing people and those with big guns get - effects on their perception

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 07:01:50 pm »

So you basically say with day/night snipers get easier job killing people and those with big guns get - effects on their perception

All BG except LSW should have disadvantage at night.

But my ideas are complex, i hope that SG will not be equal SG sniper.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 07:03:45 pm »

I voted for the first 4 suggestions. Especially the day/night thingie is great. Also the rain suggestion.
I would love to see rain etc ingame, I once accidentally installed FOnline in my directory where the Megamod was installed, and boom I had rain etc. in FOnline. :D

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 07:05:23 pm »

I voted for the first 4 suggestions. Especially the day/night thingie is great. Also the rain suggestion.
I would love to see rain etc ingame, I once accidentally installed FOnline in my directory where the Megamod was installed, and boom I had rain etc. in FOnline. :D

Dude it rains in FOnline too :D.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 07:13:51 pm »

Lol? Then I must have corrupted files again. -.-
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.