"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:14:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: F:Tactics additional sounds option  (Read 1265 times)

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
F:Tactics additional sounds option
« on: March 20, 2010, 11:16:22 am »

I think it would be great if there would be option to use shooting sounds from Fallout: Tactics. I know sound can be replaced, but I mean a bit more like differ sounds of hunting rifle and sniper rifle shots for example. Same about bursts with assault rifles. With 3D models with model of every weapon would be just great.

And here would be an additional demand that you need original files from Fallout: Tactics.
Re: F:Tactics additional sounds option
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 12:52:29 pm »

One more step to kill Fallout.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 02:46:06 pm »

One more step to kill Fallout.

Yeah, it isn't the dozens of guys running around in vault jumpsuits, people with names like MADMOX89 or guys in combat armour in Klamath. It's definitely slightly different sound effects. Good call, brother.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 02:26:42 am »

The only problem I had with Fallout Tactics is that it didn't keep with the original story of Fallout 1&2.  The game itself was beautifully made, the sprites were all good quality, sounds were awesome, very nice armory to it (Though I wish they kept the damn .223 Pistol).  So I actually put in a vouch for yes on the Tactics sounds.

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 01:30:57 pm »

More sounds could be useful, sure. I wouldn't be too happy with replacing 'classics' like 10mm pistol, AK, shotgun etc. But some guns, especially those who weren't much of a use in original Fallout (like XLwhatever, M60, mauser) could have their sounds from Tactics. Well, this + sniper rifle, which don't sound as a sniper rifle at all.

And here would be an additional demand that you need original files from Fallout: Tactics.

That's the problem. I don't know if cutting out people who doesn't have FT is a good idea. It also couldn't work like the music issue, 'cos making some guns silent (because you don't have the files in the sound folder) would be a serious drawback to some players (especially during bigger PvP battles like TC)

I can see this as a good suggestion, if it would be made like that: All guns have classic sounds, but some of them can have new sounds if you'll copy certain files from FT. So a sniper rifle sounds like a hunting rifle unless you put a certain file in the sounds direcory - then it sounds like a sniper rifle from FT.

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 01:41:35 pm »

Typing 'additional' I meant optional, so you can turn it off and in this case still play FOnline without any Fallout: Tactics file.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 22 queries.