"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 10:11:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: lockpick & encounters  (Read 999 times)

lockpick & encounters
« on: September 08, 2012, 10:22:23 pm »

Question.
Does LK (luck) have effect on the ammount of encounter you'll find with you lockpicker?

So does a lockpick char need LK?
And are those lockers (often) traped?

Thanks
NukeItAll

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Re: lockpick & encounters
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 01:46:04 am »

I'm not a dev so i can only reply as a player who has picked many many footlockers; when i level up a tumbler, i always prefer Luck 10, max Agility (with cola), and max Perception (with cigs). And of course max Lockpick 250 (plus advanced picks).

Footlockers/Blueprints: yes they are often trapped. Some of them won't open no matter what you do. Some will open with very low skill. Many though require very high skill. Even with LP 300, you can fail on a footlocker (maybe even twice) and yet open it on the 3rd attempt. It is my belief that Luck 10 helps you survive traps, open lockers, find lockers, find better contents etc. I'm sure you'll have many players comment differently though. They might be right, but are they devs? Just try picking locks and see for yourself.

Glow: Glow safes are notorious for not opening even with perfect 300 skill, over and over and then BAM - they open. It's nice to have all the best possible advantages when approaching locked containers - that's how i see it
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
Re: lockpick & encounters
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 07:30:17 am »

Well I never actually have been picking at the Glow, but I will agree with Marko, I think luck definitely plays a huge roll in picking.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.