"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:22:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fallout Tactics multiplayer  (Read 8607 times)

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
Fallout Tactics multiplayer
« on: September 04, 2012, 03:35:38 pm »

Do you remember the good old days, when we all used to play Fallout Tactics on Gamespy Arcade. Well if you still miss these days or just wish to rekindle the nostalgia then come join us on GameRanger. We are a small community (about 6 regular players + some casual players); we mainly play 10k reg games.

What you need to play?

1. Fallout Tactics game

2. Patch v 1.27 (optional: High resolution patch and sound improvement patch), found here->http://kecske85.valodi.hu/coop/utils.html

3 .GameRanger client found here-> http://www.gameranger.com/

What is "10k reg"?

10k reg or "regular rules" = game points of 10000. This means a player can bring a character which is lower or equal to 10000 points (this usually means level 30 char). In regular 10k, one cannot use any weapons that do NOT use "Small Gun, Melee, Unarmed or Throwing" skills.

More detailed:

1. You can use any races such as human, ghoul, dog, mutant, deathclaw etc.

2. Use drugs (drugs are a must if you want to succeed in 10k pvp).

3. Use guns that are using small gun skill (this means no "Big" or "Energy" weapons allowed- with the exception of big flamer- it's allowed in 10k reg games).

4. Use melee weapons such as cattle prod or knife, spear or those using "melee" skill.

5. Use power glove or bare hand... or those using "unarmed" skill.

6. Use "throwing" skill; i.e. nades, rocks etc...

7. Only Mutants can use Mini Gun (Big gun used in 10k reg).

8. EMP shells can only be used by new players but its nades have no restriction.

How to make a 10k pvp character?

A good guide can be found here-> http://kecske85.valodi.hu/coop/10k_basic_guide_by_MyDarkness.txt

See you on GameRanger  ;D
Re: Fallout Tactics multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 03:47:33 pm »

I have never actually played Fallout Tactics multiplayer, I could try now.

I installed everything, what now?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:02:08 pm by Fettel »
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 07:29:23 pm »

You need to create a 10k character (be mindful of rules & have a look at 10k char guide link in opening post). Once you create your 10k char you're ready for multiplayer. Just launch GameRanger and find the fallout tactics lobby from your games list and see if there are any game rooms open. Game rooms will often have titles such as '10k reg'-which means a 10000 point limit game with regular rules. Coop & 5k are other less common game types. *Note: some games are played by total 'newbs' who will set no rules- these games are quite unbalanced. I personally think 'no rules' games are less fun due to being largely unbalanced- but a lot of the 'newbs' and/or casual players don't know any better so you will find quite a bit of 'no rules' type games.

In summary in a 10k game:
No weapons that use big/energy skill allowed with the exception of 'big-flamer' or if you choose Super mutant race- in which case you can use specific big weapons only.

In terms of character creation I would suggest starting of as human (humans are easiest to use for pvp).

The Default Stats for a human 10k Char should be (once you get better you can change these stats based on playing style):

7 Strength
6 Perception
10 Endurance
1/2 Charisma (Depending on if you have the Gifted Trait or not)
8 Intelligence
7 Agility
6 Luck

tag Skills:
Small weapons:-if one uses big flamer as secondary weapon tag both small weapons and big weapons, if using a cattleprod tag melee skill.
Doctor:- this will allow one to use doctors bag in combat to repair crippled limbs/concussions/blinded effect etc. and/or you can just use doctors bag to heal.
Sneak:- in pvp you need to be able to sneak otherwise you wont survive so always tag sneak.

The Default Traits I usually use with my chars are:
Kamikaze + Fast Shot
or
Kamikaze + Gifted and then eventually using 'mutate' perk mutate from Gifted to Fast shot (as you get better you can use 'mutate' to come up with different char designs also at what level you use 'mutate' will affect your overall char creation).

Must Perks:
Lifegiver x2 make sure you take both lifegiver perks at level 12 for max HP
Stonewall
Bonehead
Silent Running

Highly recommended perks:
Bonus Rate Of Fire
Bonus Ranged Damage x2
Quick recovery

Other Perks worth considering:
Stuntman
Living Anatomy

Drugs:
Some typical Drug combos (*note: there are many more combinations depending on playing style):

1. x1 trauma pack, x5 voodoo, x1 mentat;
2. x4 voodoo, x1 mentat;
3. x5 voodoo;
4. x1 mutie, x4 voodoo, x1 After Burner Gum (ABG)
5. x4 voodoo, x1 ABG (*note: must have 10 endurance otherways you fall unconscious from drug OD)

*note re: Armour:
Metal (MK1 or MK2) or Tesla is best for human chars for pvp play as it has the quickest animation, thus allowing one to take shots faster.

*note re: Weapons:
Pancor Jackhammer with flechette (green shells) is common primary weapon in pvp.
Gauss Rifle, small flamer, big flamer, cattleprod are common secondary weapons in pvp (for pvp you should equip atleast x1 primary and x1 secondary weapon & their ammo, along with doctors bag, and your drugs).

...this is the basics of 10k char creation, for more detailed explanation in char making refer to guide in OP, albeit as you learn the game it is possible to vary form standard char building as per your playing style.  :)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:37:34 pm by AdolphbinStalin »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 07:33:08 pm »

I'll just post one thing: Are you using hexed characters or normal ones ? ;-)?
h
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 07:41:32 pm »

So it's allowed to use big guns and energy weapons with super mutants only?
and I cant find any available games on list.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:43:09 pm by Fettel »

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 07:46:31 pm »

Mutants can use m60/saw/avenger minigun/lewis/bren. This is because they have slower animation + move/run slower. This is a big disadvantage in pvp. As a result they are able to take these specific big weapons to balance them.

edit: Energy weapons are not used in 10k reg. This is because energy weapons are OP. With energy weapons the game become less about tactics and more about who shoots first as energy weapons almost always bypass with the right drug combo. By the way 10k reg games are also played in real time mode.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:59:23 pm by AdolphbinStalin »
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 08:02:53 pm »

I found a game but its locked
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 05:17:50 am »

hm, I might get into that, or not, I remember like 2 years ago, i REALLY REALLY REALLY  wanted to play FOT online, but absolutely NO ONE  was playing the game on gamespy.
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 07:31:51 am »

WHAT THE @!#$@# ?!
is gamespy charging money for accounts now?
I couldn't log in my old account so i decided to make a new one, it shoves membership fees in my face, no free subscription to game spy any more? LOL, fail.
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 09:21:00 am »

Wait 2 months and fonline tactics will start again with american and europe maps, but there will be nothing global map, nothing roleplay, crafting, all solutions like in LOL. I'am working on this.
What changes:
-nothing global map:-)
-more like 40 maps
-automatic event system (event after event)
-you will be able to change character to other(from sg sniper, to bg rocket luncher etc.)
-on battle you will take a profits (perks) for killing enemies(perks will reset every battle)
-ft critters
-2 factions (bos, enclave)

you can put solutions for pvp (now i have domination-flag sys, and destroy enemy base, and need more). CBT in 4 weeks.
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 12:56:14 pm »

neat

Tomowolf

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 02:36:01 pm »

Can we try instead on gameranger with 2kh3/2kh1 ruleset? No drugs so it will have any sense (10k mode imho is nonsense, just luck matters if you win or not).
h
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 06:40:49 pm »

Yeah 10k does get old, personally i liked the old 2k or 5k, back when shit killed you :P

but no one answered my question, is gamespy really charging for accounts now?
have to PAY to play FOT? lol

Tomowolf

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 06:41:41 pm »

Yeah 10k does get old, personally i liked the old 2k or 5k, back when shit killed you :P

but no one answered my question, is gamespy really charging for accounts now?
have to PAY to play FOT? lol
Noone is playing on gamespy , its taking too much memory and stuff, just not worth it, better use gameranger (dunno about those accounts ).
h
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 07:55:07 pm »

I'm hosting right now, i will try to have server up most of the day,
I still havent made a character yet :P
room desc is  'war, war changes all the time'
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.