"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 06, 2024, 05:43:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 213 players.  (Read 6933 times)

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
Re: 213 players.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 03:18:37 pm »

I swear if we get 1000+ players on FOnline: 2238, I'll clear out my base and give to newbies...

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 03:30:44 pm »

No one hasn't complained about the server being dead, like a month ago...

People are complaining about the game being dead soon since the first day of public beta.
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 04:11:06 pm »

I checked a couple times in different hours and number of characters with the same IP was in
a range from ~15% to ~30%. In peak hours during pvp with FR it can be around 30% but nowhere
near 50% or even 70% like some people say (no idea where such experts get their numbers from
as they have no tools to check anything except current number of characters. Just usual BS.

I just checked log from yesterday at 21:23 CEST - with 211 characters online there was 144 unique
IPs, which probably can be roughly translated to number of players online (so with the largest gangs
relogging like crazy during PvP the alts were about 32% of server).

I'm not saying that it's not a lot. Personally I would prefer server without FR, because it just creates
a huge gap between power gamers and casual players and excludes the latter from PvP. Even with
a hybrid character you might get lucky and win 1 vs 1, but not if the other person has 5 alts over town.

I agree, the server will have two players fighting each other and will be 200 "players" online. Nice system and good work people .Keep it up!
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 08:51:51 pm »

I'm not saying that it's not a lot. Personally I would prefer server without FR, because it just creates
a huge gap between power gamers and casual players and excludes the latter from PvP. Even with
a hybrid character you might get lucky and win 1 vs 1, but not if the other person has 5 alts over town.

I can talk smart on the forum and bitch as much as i want, but you can actually do something about it, it's not like someone is going to stop playing if he can't put 5 alts over world map and use them effectively.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,22221.msg184030.html#msg184030
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 09:26:31 pm »

Two things:
1. The gap between power gamers and casual players is larger when "power gamers" bypass fastrelog (duallog, proxy, second pc, whatever) and "casuals" are just stuck looking at the timer, not when all of them are able to fast relog.
2. Hybrid characters in Pvp do not exist for two or three sessions, dunno what you are talking about.
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 10:15:19 pm »

Two things:
1. The gap between power gamers and casual players is larger when "power gamers" bypass fastrelog (duallog, proxy, second pc, whatever) and "casuals" are just stuck looking at the timer, not when all of them are able to fast relog.
2. Hybrid characters in Pvp do not exist for two or three sessions, dunno what you are talking about.

1. "power gamers" will be small cells in this situation, whole teams will stop using 5 alts on world map, you fail understand that for the countless time.
2. Jovanka is talking about the times when 1 PvP character was enough for anyone to come and do some TC, doesn't have to be a hybrid PvP character. ( some newer player who doesn't have 10 alts will have a chance to stand up against all other teams who are bringing x amount of alts(per person) over town, or those who don't have time )

We been over this ... i dunno 100 times now, you want to go this circle again?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:24:09 pm by T-888 »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 10:23:13 pm »

BBS are good bsers for sure.

As long as punishments are enforced onto fast relog and dual log, the amount of people abusing such things was and will be incredibly small.  Only will they use it covertly, never swarm 20 alts after they lose 1 set of them.  Maybe a sneaker or two, not like this shit now.  Hell just the fear of it kept pretty much everyone but a few from using it.

The power gap between abusers and honest players would be pretty small on average.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 10:30:01 pm »

As long as punishments are enforced onto fast relog and dual log

Few permanent bananas are mighty effective for the largest factions, once or twice a month.
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 11:02:05 pm »

1. "power gamers" will be small cells in this situation, whole teams will stop using 5 alts on world map, you fail understand that for the countless time.

An example how small cells work in T-888's gang:

Source:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,22171.msg183411.html#msg183411

You're a joke again, triptroll.

Let's face the truth: you need fast relog removed so you can continue what you are doing right now while others are less likely to do that.
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 11:06:10 pm »

Few permanent bananas are mighty effective for the largest factions, once or twice a month.

I like when someone thinking. I like this idea because fonline was survive game . Death in this game is no longer the most terrible thing ... when someone dies just log in other char  ??? . They are trying to create a "realistic" game but still allows one man running around X times.

Jenova

• Rise
    • FODE
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 11:07:55 pm »

On server status this afternoon.For all the Peoples who complain this game dead the server popularity getting up!
Remember (in)official 2238 calculation!

(Amount of players online / 3,5) - (Amount of players online / 0,5)

So if you see 213 Players online, there are 60 players online. Some triplelog, others quadlog. (The little amount is newbies/lone wolfs that play in 1 Window.)
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 11:38:36 pm »

Quite the opposite, the only one who is a joke is you. Think about if you were playing and your team was on that list, the picture would be different and not all are my faction members on that screen, including those who aren't crossed out. Furthermore completely all of the dual logs are just sneakers/taxi/looter + combat character, not cmbt char + cmbt char + cmbt char like FR allows (looks like screen before or after fight, makes a lot of difference), hey it's no secret all factions use them. It's been like that always before, all factions had enough scouts/taxi etc. etc. now you are showing some screen and hoping it will prove some point witch should automatically justify FR on the level you are practicing it? No, i don't think so.

Kilgore, you lack rational thought process.

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 11:42:07 pm »

A kid like you would be never able to understand that this screen makes your words on the topic totally ridiculous, kid.

Now, please go on with your "no, you!" verbal destruction  ;D

now you are showing some screen and hoping it will prove some point witch should automatically justify FR on the level you are practicing it? No, i don't think so.
Witch says that fast relogs don't help you too much recently, though you have indeed mad skillz to fastrelog your entire dead team efficiently!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:45:01 pm by Kilgore »

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 11:50:03 pm »

Everybody knows your crusade against FR is due to your false conviction that without that you'd be the only one capable of cheating the system and alt spamming in PvP. Heck, even unrelated people who know you said this a couple of times in the past, not to mention your hilarious exchange with Jovanka in which you explicitly stated that you're going to multilog on proxy and there's nothing she can do. What makes your constant whine even funnier is the fact that in setpiece scenarios with one alt per player and no AIs you're absolutely free for most people here. It's a shame that there are no kill:death ratio statistics for PvP, because instead of writing another obvious post I could just link to that instead.
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 12:13:48 am »

Allow TC with weaker alts.
So everyone can be in on it.

And kick thieves from factions (Enclave/BoS) after being caught once robbing the patrols.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 17 queries.