"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 08, 2024, 05:37:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Is it normal to force oneself to puke when feeling sick (read text aswell)

Yes, I do it when im feeling very sick and cannot puke by natural means (like after a party with looots of booze).
- 22 (66.7%)
No, its sick!
- 11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What do you think is more normal -please ask if you dont understand  (Read 4056 times)

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be

NOTE! ICKY ICKY THREAD!

Okey this is a very random thread - But I was just talking to a friend recently and his girlfriend had forced herself to puke (sticking 2 fingers in her throat) becouse she was feeling ill and she needed to evacuate her stomach, then he said that forcing oneself to puke is totally not normal and its just sick to do it, I mean he said that you shouldnt do it by any means, maybe if you swallow acid or something but not if you are just feeling very ill.

So I'm asking you, do you think its totally unacceptable to force oneself to puke when feeling sick. It can be any disorder as in you have been drinking too much booze and your feeling very ill, or it can be a from food poisoning.

I also want to say that he said that forcing yourself to puke when you are feeling ill is the same thing as bulimia. (i do not share that way of thinking).

SO! Is it sick to force yourself to puke when feeling ill (and you know its the stomach that is the problem) and you cannot by any means puke naturally.

But I dont think its very attractive to puke/forcing yourself to do it, but I'd rather force myself to puke than feeling sick for an unnokwn time.

I made a deal to set up a poll on a forum to let you decide if its sick or normal. (write as many flaming comments as you want :D its just fun to read)

dont be afraid to write something aswell, like why you think it's sick to do it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:27:41 am by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
Re: What do you think is more normal -please ask if you dont understand
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 12:25:10 am »

If its done in order to feel better then where is the problem? Simple thought that it can help and then doing it can help a lot (even tho there is no real change in ones health but self suggestion is very powerful weapon). But I'm glad I've never been that ill so I would have to force myself to puke.

Arminius

• Rat Shaman
    • arminius1453's Channel
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 02:34:45 am »

Depending on what you drink you might feel compelled to do so. I'd wager your friend has never drank anything stronger than coke.

bikkebakke

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 10:15:16 am »

If its done in order to feel better then where is the problem? Simple thought that it can help and then doing it can help a lot (even tho there is no real change in ones health but self suggestion is very powerful weapon). But I'm glad I've never been that ill so I would have to force myself to puke.

dont know your age/drinking behaviour, but some day you'll find out how it feels :D

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 11:37:28 am »

when drank too much, ate the wrong things, feeling sick in general etc I always put a thinger in throat ( funny topic though :D ).
One always feels better after it, so I don't see a problem here.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 12:12:58 pm »

You need to do it everytime when you ate something.

bikkebakke

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 12:37:35 pm »

You need to do it everytime when you ate something.

>.> lexx are you a bulimic?
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 12:40:35 pm »

Inducing vomiting isnt abnormal, even Dogs do it by eating types of grass..
However, when coupled with anxiety, stress and other factors (e.g weight), it can grow into Bulimia nervosa, not a condition i would say is abnormal, but rather an unhealthy one, and most commonly attributed to a mental disorder.
Im gonna shut up now, but will say that if youre sick, purging can sometimes be beneficial (eg detoxing), but routine purging can be detrimental, physically and mentally.

Just read the above post, i really dont mean to offend.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:42:56 pm by psyn »

bikkebakke

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 12:58:11 pm »

Thats what i meant :P, by the comment lexx gave it did sound as he is a bulimic, I may have misinterpreted the sentence, if so I am very sorry if you got the condition and I'v offended you and/or anyone that is and is reading this.

Good comment though
, but will say that if youre sick, purging can sometimes be beneficial (eg detoxing), but routine purging can be detrimental, physically and mentally.

that summarizes most of my thread :P

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 02:50:32 pm »

dont know your age/drinking behaviour, but some day you'll find out how it feels :D

Well when it happens and I drink too much then it comes naturally so I've never felt the need to force myself to puke. But I remember I've worked with acid once, cleaning cooling system of some machines at factory (btw it was chocolate factory ;)) and in the evening I felt like shit since I sniffed up gases from that acid. I thought I will sleep out of it but when I woke up in the middle of the night it felt like I will leave my stomach at the toilet. Back then I thought that I should have forced myself to puke before going to bed.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:03:27 pm by Sius »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 07:31:15 am »

I does it when I think I swalowed bug EW :P.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 10:26:43 pm »

I usually end up puking since i screwed up my liver as a youth, if not the night i drank then the next morning. Puking up cereal is a terrible way to start the day.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 08:19:31 am »

Ughh, No Ways Lol :D Vomit Tastes Like SHIT
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 01:00:01 pm »

I can't tell you how man times i've forced myself to puke after drinking waaay to much, it's usually after i've already been drinking beer and then someone shows up with a bottle of whiskey or something. I drink way to much and right about when I get the spins I make myself throw up, I always feel 100% better afterwards and the spins stop.

On a side note I can vomit on command and used to do so to get out of classes and such.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 06:19:57 pm »

dont be afraid to write something aswell, like why you think it's sick to do it.
Alright, you made me tell it. Personally, i would never do it, no matter what, unless its completly sure im gonna throw up sooner or later. Even then, most likely i wouldnt put thoes fingers in my neck. Why? I cant really explain it, im no doctor, but i guess its some kind of physical abnormality that when i vomit, big part of the puke go trough my nose. Trust me, vomit smell and partly-digested food bits in my nose for a whole day aint the best feeling you can have, so i'd rather avoid vomiting at all.
I give a fuck.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.