"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 03:57:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Main Character Build - For Everything  (Read 1617 times)

Main Character Build - For Everything
« on: March 25, 2010, 08:54:31 pm »

I would like to use this character for everything: From decent fights to crafting.

I'm new to the game (not to fallout, though, only to the FOnline) and I have seem some things are different here, that's why I'm asking for advice. I want to know if this character can work, in any way, and not be a complete failure.

I don't wanna be a HARDCORE PVPer also, I want my character to be versatile, doing both pvp and crafting/pve.

Observations:

I could change some luck for agility, but I was thinking on this character as a sniper: Quality before quantity. I want my hits to hurt, not my burst. If the bursts have a HUGE advantage over sniping, just let me know.

I also thought about doing a "rogue" build (probably with Night Person and certainly with Sneak), so if there is any that works and could both craft and do a decent pvp/pve (once again, I'm not much onto pvp, but I will need it to survive and to eventually do some gang vs gang), let me know as well.

I hope you answer me asap so I can create my character and start playing. Any newbie advices are welcomed.

Obs. 2: EN 4 is for lifegiver. STR is for carrying materials, int and science for general crafting.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 08:56:03 pm by Sephiroth-sama »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Main Character Build - For Everything
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:04:41 pm »

10 Intelligence is not needed unless you want to be a total crafter, and you won't be able to do everything with 1 Charisma, since you couldn't talk to NPCs or lead anyone. 6 intelligence is needed for some good perks, so I suggest this.

Here are some other points:
4 Agility is really bad. 6 agility get 8 AP, which is pretty good for a well-rounded person.
7 Luck is useless - either make it low, 6, or 10.
10 Strength is definitely not needed. Make that average unless you want those HtH combat moves.
If you are going for Small Guns, 6 Perception seems to be a fairly good amount, though you'll never be a really good sniper with 6 PE, not that you need to be if you want a well-rounded character.

Also, as far as crafting goes, both Science and Repair are important. Random encounters can be a pain, so I can see why you'd want to tag Outdoorsman, but I would tag Repair and Science if you want to do any crafting.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:10:18 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:07:50 pm »

I see. I will modify it and repost.

Okay, before I repost with a final build, I would like some advices. I'm completely taking LK out, so that gives me 6 points, which will go:

2 to CH
2 to agi
2 to ???

Suggest me where to put these points on. I don't see any point on taking out IN at this time because it will make me craft better, but is there really any crafting that will require those 10 points? If there aren't, I could take some off and put where suggested (probably agility).

Also, with the takedown of LK, I don't know where to put my traits. Finesse won't be needed, Small Frame is not wanted (it will make me carry much less weight and I don't wanna be any cow or courier dependable, since they could be easily killed, and taking care of myself is hard enough), and every other single trait seems... Useless.
Skilled is completely out of question because I will be taking lifegiver.

Also, for my tags: Small Guns is a need. Or else I would be useless for any kind of fight.
Science for crafting, I guess I will need to tag this. Tell me if there is anyway I could craft everything in the game without this tagged, and without wasting too much points uselessly.
Outdoorsman if I want any survival. I heard there are ways of improving it without having to be through points (so I wouldn't need to tag it), if there is a way to do this to a decent enough level, tell me, please.

Thanks for the infos so far.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:17:26 pm by Sephiroth-sama »
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 11:32:53 pm »

I see, thanks for your comments.

My main concern at the moment are the traits. I really don't know where to put them.

And I could put some more PE to sniping at the cost of some STR. 10 isn't reaaaally needed.

And another concern that I have, is whether I get small guns or armor to 3rd class. I don't really know which one would be the best for me and more profitable. I think guns, right?

Okay nvm, got my character created, thanks for your info.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 11:45:28 pm by Sephiroth-sama »

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 03:15:47 am »

5 ST because of best small gun (sniper riffle) needs 5 ST.
6-8 PE (you can boost your PE with cigarets)
6 EN (cca 170+- lives at lvl 21 with lifegiver)
3 CH (minimal charisma for most NPC)
6-8 IN (depends on which other skills you want to develop: 6 int = cca 1. 200,2. 150,3. 80)
6 AG (=8 AP = eyeshot with sniper riffle + some neccesary perks)
6 LC (more and better critical perks, touchness)
--------------
Goodnatured
Small frame (if you dont need much weight capacity - only 47, but you will have  problem with mining minerals...) so maybe take another not very usefull but not totaly unusefull trait, like fast metabolism..
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 03:47:18 am »

This build have a big issue with crafting. You can't craft a lot of things with 5 st, am I right?

All the other stuff may be accurate. And about drugs, if you get addicted, is it forever? I could use some drugs to craft then, but if so, man, although really nice RP wise, it will be shitty for me keep searching for drugs. Although I'm kinda liking this idea for the RP side...

6 int = cca 1. 200,2. 150,3. 80

I didn't get what you meant with those codes, lol.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 09:50:53 am »

6 int = cca 1. 200,2. 150,3. 80

I didn't get what you meant with those codes, lol.

first of your tagged skill you can raise up to cca 200 skill points, second up to 150, third cca 80.. depends on starting statistics and if you spent any points in others non tagged skills..

but if you want to make crafter too, you need to get more inteligence points.. also i dont know the prereq. of proffesions, but i think you can get them with temporary drugs use :)
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 23 queries.