"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 03:48:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Diablo 3 1.04  (Read 3308 times)

Diablo 3 1.04
« on: August 16, 2012, 10:15:30 am »

Will anybody be returning to Diablo 3 after this update hits the servers? I think I may give my characters a few whirls, see if the game livens up, but I highly doubt it, playing through that game, was just... NOT FUN.
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
Re: Diablo 3 1.04
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 11:02:57 am »

I know I wont because it was pure shit.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 12:26:05 pm »

Will anybody be returning to Diablo 3 after this update hits the servers? I think I may give my characters a few whirls, see if the game livens up, but I highly doubt it, playing through that game, was just... NOT FUN.

I quit playing it soon after the launch, but recently (after 1.05) I've given it another shot.

Seems more stable now and fun content. If you want to meet up, send me your bnet tag. Playing HC (europe) ofcourse.

Fat Man

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 02:16:55 pm »

They dumbed this series down way too much can't even adjust your own stats when you level does it automatically.

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 02:34:27 pm »

They dumbed this series down way too much can't even adjust your own stats when you level does it automatically.

Grow up child, it's working like that and has been said for years.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 02:39:06 pm »

And you really are the adult role model, insulting him on the forum.

Fat Man

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 02:57:17 pm »

Just go away we are discussing diablo3 not your angry obession with trolling all my posts now because we disagree about mercs.

I was a diablo1/2 player and 3 just doesn't have that scary feel that the first 2 had, and this game isn't the scary demon slayer it once was. I played the free demo I am not sure about this game, it just feels too dumbed down.

I remember diablo2 if you made mistake pick the wrong stats and skills your character would be gimped later down the road and would have to remake it.

There was no other game I played that put chills down my spine as a 12 year old to fight the butcher for the first time diablo3 just doesn't do this for me. Its more of a shiny cool sprites game than the bloody scary game it was in the first one.

With that said I would probably not buy this game so no I well not join the 2238 diablo league.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:05:32 pm by Fat Man »
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 03:09:35 pm »

Its more of a shiny cool sprites game than the bloody scary game it was in the first one.
http://darkd3.com/
Hope it helps.

Since 1.0.5 went out (uber bosses + monster power setting), the game is quite nice. Most complaints come from people that weren't able to get past act1 inferno and were absolutely convinced they have to pay for equipment on RMAH to play further. Which is terribly wrong, but well, their choice.

Btw it's just hack'n'slash game so I don't know what more you expected. Also, game experience was way different when you were 12yo, so I guess you/me/they are just getting old.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 03:17:25 pm »

Its more of a shiny cool sprites game than the bloody scary game it was in the first one.

I agree it's a shame you can't pick your own stats or that skill choices aren't definate.

But the lack of scary stuff might have something to do with the fact that d1 and d2 were played when you were younger and more easily scared. Just speaking on my behalf here, but d2 wasn't all that scary either. In LoD you had every class tele-ing and instakilling in baalruns, in the classic mode CS runs were too easy. The fact that d3 is a grindnig game without a big grinding feel to it is a big plus in comparison to the previous editions. Thy actually stimulate you to stay in a game longer and give you the option of making the game very hard (i.e. inferno mode and monster power).
And ofcourse it's about shiny animations, just like d1 and d2 were back in the day. I don't think they did a big art-style break from the previous games. It still looks like diablo. And I'm happy they stuck with the isometric gameplay (unlike the complete fallout fps make-over).

Fat Man

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 03:34:22 pm »

Yes diablo2 wasn't as scary as the first one but man first time reaching act4 to kill diablo he was some what scary for the first time. Actually diablo2 was more of a rush fighting the bosses than it was being scared shitless hearing "ah fresh meat" and a room filled with a bunch of corpses and blood all over the place.

Like I said I played the demo and defeated skeleton king, seems like it would be fun if I bought the game played it out got further, but just over all opinion not that impressed from the demo. 

But you are right maybe fact I was younger and it wasn't a game meant for being played under 18 why it seemed scary at the time as a young kid.

And yes these games are repetitive grinding games and what keeps you interested in the game is finding those uniques, and in lord of destruction the runes. What ruined this series for me was the spam bots on the US servers. I generally do not like paying real life money for in-game stuff.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:45:25 pm by Fat Man »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 05:12:04 pm »

Regarding the fixed stats and skills, at first I was quite disappointed, that they took out choices for players, but now I have to say, It hasnt any impact on the gameplay and the game is fine even without them. Nevertheless players in D2 followed some guide, how to distribute their stat/skill points, not to mention free reset that was introduced in a certain patch.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 05:14:19 pm by Sarakin »
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 12:23:17 am »

you customize your characters stats through other ways like items, and when they make expansion they will probably bring back talisman or something new with new game mechanics, dont sound like such a noob, its 2012, games need to change.
Who the fuck needs to pump stats?  With skills, and runes there's millions of ways to customize your character kid.

And for people complaining about it not looking scary / gory, its darker than Diablo 2  FFS, and have you ever actually killed things in the game? sometimes they fall over and their guts go pouring out everywhere, so wtf are you complaining about exactly?

Edit:  Theres also about 3 + forums for Diablo 3 with people complaining about the same shit with dozens of people who have heard it all putting them in their place for such stupid complaints.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 12:30:00 am by foonlinecurious »

Fat Man

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 05:36:20 pm »

I remember days when games took thinking to figure out and you could adjust stats, and they were actually challenging. Diablo3 is not this game.

Yes no shit items adjust your stats with items it was like that in diablo 1/2 + you can adjust your stats. It should be called diablocraft not diablo3.

Just because its the year 2012 doesn't mean that all the new games shouldn't be challenging and dumbed down.

Fallout, diablo1, bouldars gate, arcanum etc.. were considered the golden era of RPGs, new games like diablo3 wouldn't come close to be calling a golden era RPG.

Yes I am such a kid I was playing golden era RPGs when you were still shitting in diapers and going to kindergarten. Only kids defend such crap like shiny graphics and dumbed down video games.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:42:29 pm by Fat Man »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 07:25:03 pm »

And for people complaining about it not looking scary / gory, its darker than Diablo 2  FFS, and have you ever actually killed things in the game? sometimes they fall over and their guts go pouring out everywhere, so wtf are you complaining about exactly?
Big deal,Fallout games have loads of guts and big monsters in them and they are not scary.Not just the fallout series other games too have this however I am too lazy to name them.
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 08:17:55 pm »

I remember days when games took thinking to figure out and you could adjust stats, and they were actually challenging. Diablo3 is not this game.

Yes no shit items adjust your stats with items it was like that in diablo 1/2 + you can adjust your stats. It should be called diablocraft not diablo3.

Just because its the year 2012 doesn't mean that all the new games shouldn't be challenging and dumbed down.

Fallout, diablo1, bouldars gate, arcanum etc.. were considered the golden era of RPGs, new games like diablo3 wouldn't come close to be calling a golden era RPG.

Yes I am such a kid I was playing golden era RPGs when you were still shitting in diapers and going to kindergarten. Only kids defend such crap like shiny graphics and dumbed down video games.

Oh yeah,  Diablo 2 took a whole lot of thinking ("derp ima pump more points into whirlwind derp")
especially with synergies there is about 3 viable builds per character, the only way to make your skills viable for example with a sorceress is to pump all of your skills into the same tree because of synergies,
yeah that's not dumbed down at all whatsoever.
And if you say you don't have to pump all of your skill points into the same tree, you obviously have no idea how the synergies work.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:23:44 pm by foonlinecurious »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 32 queries.