"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 08:47:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: simple and easy...but never implemented:S  (Read 2478 times)

OXXON

• I need some bubble gum, im sick of kicking ass
simple and easy...but never implemented:S
« on: August 13, 2012, 01:59:02 am »

could u devs put the Vertbird on use for the players?

i mean there shud be a quest or something u can do ONCE , incredibly hard, like SHITLOADED WITH obstacles, and that in the end, the Gang gets a Vertbird.

or at least put 5 vertbirds ingame, wich are goin to be traded/stealed fromplayers to players.

-in order to use the vertbird u must have read some sort of book and meet the requirements (science,etc,etc) to be able to drive it.

or just like extremely expensive like 3 millon caps or something like that. so only factions are able to get it

-also there could be some "digital tracking" for the vertbird, like the satelite custody we have today on our cars, so if u loose the vertbird on a battle u have a limied period of time to recover it(u ll be able to see it in your map while it is landed) until the person that stole it from you goes to new reno or somewhere else to an NPC to change the codification. that digital tracking shud be only visible for the gang that is the Owner of the vertbird...

-only people with a base would be able to get the vertbird in order to register it and such. and the vertbird would be in the base database, so it would be trackeable and wont need the use of a key to start. cuz only people thats in the faction and meets the requirements(on stats i mean) can start the engine of the vertbird

-It shud consume SHITLOADS of fuel, like thousands.

with all ive said before having  a vertbird would be awesome but people woud need to have a structure in order to use it/mantain it etc,

sorry for bad english and spellin mistakes

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
Re: simple and easy...but never implemented:S
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 05:59:59 pm »

Dude this was suggested like 50 times, go read those topics and you'll find out why this won't be added ever.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 01:28:45 am »

Yet again, rewards the big guys and makes the smaller guys even more piss poor. And as stated before, has been suggested.

1.It shud consume SHITLOADS of fuel, like thousands.
2.u must have read some sort of book and meet the requirements
3.or just like extremely expensive like 3 millon caps.

1. Wouldn't using just a car be more efficient?
2. Promotes alts, now our taxi alts must do more dirty job just to get a useless piece of flying scrap.
3. This and the first thing really makes a car much more efficient.
Just leave the vertibird to the GMs - It's a great fun when some GM goes batshit insane.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Mike Crosser

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 12:13:02 pm »

Another reason why it was never implemented is because it's unrealistic.

Haraldx

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 07:28:07 pm »

I don't see anything unrealistic in a vertibird.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Mike Crosser

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 09:00:02 pm »

I don't see anything unrealistic in a vertibird.
The Vertibird itself is realistic,some random wastelander with no piloting skills flying it over the dessert is unrealistic.
Even if you were aa member of the Enclave it still would be unrealistic,Enclave is a military organization and in the military soldiers don't get to take military aircrafts for a spin whenever they feel like it.

Haraldx

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 06:50:02 pm »

Well, I guess you nailed that. +1 point for you.
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 05:29:38 am »

but if u take some training at the militiray u could fly that fuckin vertibird for them and then when nobody looks u could fly wherever u want to :P
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 06:10:49 am »

but if u take some training at the militiray u could fly that fuckin vertibird for them and then when nobody looks u could fly wherever u want to :P

Enclave has ads on craigslist selling piloting lessons and used furniture.

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 12:05:29 am »

So an encoded homing signal is magically immune to triangulation?

At least make vehicles destructible. (by weapons)
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 03:58:39 pm »

If it was implemented it would have to involve being in The Enclave, high science skill, and a bucket load of quests for the enclave and only then you should get an opportunity to steal one on a quest where your sent on a mission to fly in a squad to some location, you have to kill The Enclave members who would instantly turn hostile when you attack them. Then you fail the quest and get kicked out The Enclave but you get to steal the Vertibird. But you get a random encounter like when you get caught lying on The mans job quest where you could lose the craft.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 05:22:03 pm »

I can't see how the vertibird could become available at least because of one big problem: there are test / duplicate / bugged maps located somewhere in the sea, and they shouldn't be accessed by the regular players. It's simple as that.

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 06:07:17 pm »

I can't see how the vertibird could become available at least because of one big problem: there are test / duplicate / bugged maps located somewhere in the sea, and they shouldn't be accessed by the regular players. It's simple as that.
Agreed. Even now there are bunch of locations in the sea. Plus don't forget that islands are using for event maps, which are not supposed to be visited by players.

Leave sea playground!
Innocence proves nothing
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 07:35:29 pm »

Good point. Agreed.

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 05:25:29 am »

Just open your Fonline folder\data\faction.zip\vertibird
then copy and paste the picture of it to your desktop, then rename it to highwayman.png
then go to Fonline folder\data\faction.zip\Highwayman
then delete the original highwayman.png (be sure to make a backup, if you want to revert) and replace it with your new vertibird picture. TA DAAAA!!! you now have a vertibird. It has no trunk, but who cares right? It looks awesome.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 05:32:03 am by Gimper »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.