"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 07:05:25 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lootable Power Armor  (Read 2484 times)

BOS Armorer

• Yes, my armor is black, got a problem with that?
Lootable Power Armor
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:23:45 am »

I know everyone will start raging and/or barraging me with their opinions as soon as they read this. But first take into consideration the fact that, however overpowered this may be, sneakers with silent death(patched now, but some are still good) or AC trolls are cheaper. Power armor can be fought, 220 ac + jinxed can't. To top it off, since even in fallout 1(where armor was lootable) Power Armor never was lootable, there would have to be Power Armor Training perk to loot/equip it...and that only gained when(suggestion ofc) idolized with bos or enclave, part of the faction, and maybe 200 repair and science(something so that it doesn't make alts for farming it possible, but so a character doesn't have to dedicate itself just to these skills.) Then the immense weight of the armor and the toughness of those wearing it have to be taken into consideration, and this would actually be balanced out. I haven't joined them, so I'm not sure, but I think that at the moment bos/enclave have no quests, so those might have to be implemented before rep can go that high  ;)
EDIT:Although I said that Power Armor Training would be required to loot it, I guess that if players died wearing it, then it would still have to drop...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:25:28 am by BOS Armorer »
In-game: BOS Armorer, YourMom, EatDatPlazma, Dismantler, Utility Man, Pwned You, Explorer Man, -NCR Ranger-, The Heavy, Doc Fuckyou, The Sniper, Da Chozen 1, Mr. Sir, Hit me, The Spy, Traveller., The Tank, Generic Name, n00bsack, and still going!

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
Re: Lootable Power Armor
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 04:01:53 am »

armor was never lootable, have you doorknobs ever even played fallout 1 and or 2?
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Xisingr Will

• Healing, Healing, and more Healing
    • http://fonline2238.net/forum/
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 10:05:46 am »

Actually BOS and Enclave do have quests.
I am a Medic NonCombat Carebear APK Gorgon, get over it.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 12:43:38 pm »

It would be nice if these armors can be obtainable for great cost, unrepairable, and make the user unable to run.
So everyone wont equip it.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 01:07:30 pm »

Actually BOS and Enclave do have quests.
BoS quest is broken, and show me please Enclave quests...
h

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 01:37:10 pm »

armor was never lootable, have you doorknobs ever even played fallout 1 and or 2?
Yeah, np with that when you got it for free without really moving your finger :d.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

BOS Armorer

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 01:56:09 pm »

And Fallout 3 "conveniently" changed it. No but really, if you can take the armor on and off yourself, you can take it off corpses too. Unless they die of heartblow animation, then I can see a problem in unequipping it...So only if normal or burst death. And I like the idea of not running. It makes up for it. Also, it could decrease agility? And Power Helmet could decrease perception because of all the layers of stuff. And yeah, BOS quest is broken as far as I know, and I don't know about enclave...but really, this idea is not as ridiculous as you think IF you think about it.
In-game: BOS Armorer, YourMom, EatDatPlazma, Dismantler, Utility Man, Pwned You, Explorer Man, -NCR Ranger-, The Heavy, Doc Fuckyou, The Sniper, Da Chozen 1, Mr. Sir, Hit me, The Spy, Traveller., The Tank, Generic Name, n00bsack, and still going!

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 03:39:42 pm »

This idea was proposed zillion of times and should be discarded just like the other.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

BOS Armorer

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 04:46:10 pm »

Also, what about crafting? Could require 100k or so to buy pa or hpa bp from bos and 250k for apa(mk2) from enclave, as well as power armor training perk.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 04:53:45 pm »

This idea was proposed zillion of times and should be discarded just like the other.

This. Closed, moved.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 18 queries.