"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:33:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Losing EXP after death  (Read 2827 times)

avv

Re: Losing EXP after death
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 06:38:35 pm »

i like this but it should only apply to people lvl 18 and up to save some newbies trouble. also not the bank some other thing like the bank. no one wants to put money in the bank because we will never be able to take the money out.

Well make the banks work. I was thinking about some level requirement but best is to make time requirement instead. Otherwise the trolls will be low levels. Once the char is like one week old, it has to pay. Town checking bluesuits would become rather costly quick.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 06:47:27 pm »

I personnally don't want a new downside of dying.
You already lose your stuff, be sent very far with 10 hp and 10 minutes of weak, which is far more than one could sustain, (not to mention the trollers and chainkillers) considering that 80% of the server want to kill you, players and npc included, not counting radiation and environnement.

But the loss of experience could be interesting if extended to everyone.
Let's say every charater of the wasteland lose 1000 XP per IRL day.
You'll have to wait a few days before losing a level, only if you don't gain xp in the meantime.
On the other hand, you wouldn't want to make 24 characters. It would mean 24 times more XP.
It would decrease alting a little, without punishing those who do it;

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 06:51:33 pm »

Somewhere someone mentioned a death timer, that is, when you die repeatedly over short course of time, your next respawn will take longer.
So in practice, regular pvp characters will have nothing to worry about, because they die once and it takes time to resupply, while naked annoying bs trolls will suffer :>
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 06:57:24 pm »

No more trolls.

Until there is actually something to do in this game, expect trolls, those are players who have ran out of ideas what to do, ran out of activities they once considered fun. Such brute restrictions will not make this game more interesting, let's be honest, if you would eliminate all possible ways how troll with unequipped characters that wouldn't make this game more appealing in what you can actually do in it. Okay, they will put AC cap on characters, make heavy handed unreliable to do knockdowns, so what? Does that add more content to the game? No it doesn't, it's still the same old story, the human brain will find more ridiculous ways how to entertain, and that's because the grey matter has nothing to occupy itself with.

Countering trolls with features, restrictions is like repairing mechanical devices with duck tape, makes it work again for a while, but doesn't solve the real problem, the lack of possible activities.

I'll be damned, it's actually more interesting to check the forum than to be in game most of the time.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:15:33 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 08:14:06 pm »

Until there is actually something to do in this game, expect trolls, those are players who have ran out of ideas what to do, ran out of activities they once considered fun.

That begs the question, however, what activities you are thinking of here. I think we can all agree that more content equals more variety equals more fun, but the game is based on a finite single player experience and systems/content that were designed to accomodate that. Every change in systems or content seems to have to be made by the devs specifically while most of the playerbase (including you in an earlier post, and I think rightly so) would place priorities on fixing some of the existing mechanics that are either bugged, unbalanced or simply not well thought out at the moment.

To a certain extent the responsibility is actually with the playerbase and from what I can tell, interesting projcets have already been done in the past, although unfortunately they tend not to last incredibly long. Apparently when running out of ideas what to do, some players get creative, others disruptive. That is not a problem with development, but with maturity.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 08:25:38 pm »

this has allready been suggested awhile back. most said no because its just a another annoying way to make us have to grind all the time and makes new players quit.

Seriously is this not the objective of this game?  I always thought it was and am more than glad to do my job one rage quiting nooby at a time.  I think it's actually the goal of the dev team by the direction they have taken with the game as well.  Embrace the philosophy "wasteland is harsh". 

P.S. Permadeath would be best.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:27:40 pm by TKs-KaBoom »
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 08:47:17 pm »

That begs the question, however, what activities you are thinking of here.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,193.0.html
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,23033.15.html

Hell even this i would call activity related, player interaction. http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25119.0.html

There are good ideas out there already, no need to invent a new wheel, but as some other members of this forum has pointed out and developers have confirmed it, we could see something like that in the next few years, maybe.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:49:58 pm by T-888 »

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 08:48:10 pm »

I don`t remebre if it was suggested or not but it is another idea how to make FOnline even harsher.
Let`s say -5% current XP when You die.
What do You think about it ?

How about NO?

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 09:18:04 pm »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,193.0.html
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,23033.15.html

Hell even this i would call activity related, player interaction. http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25119.0.html

To conclude my part in the OT: I was basically asking to see, if you had persistent activities or more one-off quests in mind. I'd agree on the examples, seem really good and interesting at first glance (even though it looks like purely TC or at the very least faction oriented content). I'm not sure how hard that is to implement on top of the fixes that need to be done right now and thus how much meantime there is to fill from the playerbase. Then again, I don't have to be.
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 09:23:06 pm »

I'm not sure how hard that is to implement on top of the fixes that need to be done right now
and thus how much meantime there is to fill from the playerbase.

From what developers said, hard. Such activities keep and hold the player base, because if a player isn't a troll and as you said mature enough, he will just quit the game if there's nothing to do. For me personally there is one thing to do in game and even that is getting old, because there are no goals or purpose behind it - PvP, goal could be fighting for resources of what the town provides, but that too has become obsolete because of the amounts of resources distributed in the past.

Sorry for this offtopic. :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:34:11 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 02:48:10 am »

Ah another "make the game shittier so something something profit" thread. Why does shit like this and perma death always pop up like somehow the game being annoying makes it more badass.

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 03:20:07 am »

Ah another "make the game shittier so something something profit" thread. Why does shit like this and perma death always pop up like somehow the game being annoying makes it more badass.

I just hope those are just sarcasms. Or the people who hate the game for some reason.
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012, 04:26:57 am »

Nope, I don't give a **** about levelling.

I just want to level my alts to 24 as fast as possible so I can have genuine fun.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 10:03:24 am »

I've always wondered, why does 2238 even have levelling if it's all about PvP? The quests and whatnot are just there so the devs can be proud of it (not like I blame them).
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

avv

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2012, 10:37:27 am »

I've always wondered, why does 2238 even have levelling if it's all about PvP? The quests and whatnot are just there so the devs can be proud of it (not like I blame them).

Characters are tools same as items. Levelling is just farming for characters the same way you farm for items.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 27 queries.