"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 08:15:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Better way to receive tc loot  (Read 3515 times)

avv

Better way to receive tc loot
« on: July 29, 2012, 01:52:16 pm »

Currently we have to idle in the town for 30 minutes to make the chest spawn stuff. It basically encourages us to leave a char in some abandoned shack with tc gear and check the tc loot every 30 mins.

I believe better way would be that once a gang has a town, it can gather tribute from npcs in the town. Here's how it'd work:
- Character needs to be in tc gear and in the faction.
- No charisma requirement
- You can talk to every npc in the town and demand a tribute like this:

You: "It is time to pay the tribute"

npc: "Here's what I have"

You: several options
"I want some drugs" - get 1-3 nuka and cigs
"I want some caps" - get 50-300 caps
"I want materials" - get materials depending on town and npc involved. For example redding miners could give you random hq mining material along with some normal mine-materials.

Then we got special npcs that are doctors, scientists, shopkeepers, barmen and so on. From them you can demand stuff dependent on their profesion.
Barmen: they give you a moderate ammount of beer (5-15) along with the drugs, or extra caps since they run a bussiness.
Doctors: they can give jet, mentats, psycho or buffout when asked for drugs
Scientists: blueprints, upgrades
Merchants: Items they are specialized, or extra caps (200-1000)
Prostitutes: Experience (150-600)

Special npc can be asked for normal suplies as well.

Tribute could be gathered every 30 mins per npc.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:45:36 pm by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Re: Better way to receive tc loot
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 02:10:02 pm »

Best so far TC idea, along with TC caravans.
h
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 03:21:42 pm »

Seems awesome, but it guess it could be time cosuming to code...
(need to know also, if 80% of community would whine about it...)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 03:23:17 pm by naossano »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 03:44:33 pm »

Wow, great idea, I like that you can choose what you want.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 03:49:03 pm »

Yep good idea indeed.

Scientists: blueprints

This sounds even better than blueprints for quests.

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 04:32:20 pm »

20 TC boxes instead of one plus the ability to choose what items you want said boxes to spawn? Without even having to stand inside the town for a second? What a brilliant idea!

JovankaB

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 04:36:20 pm »

20 TC boxes instead of one plus the ability to choose what items you want said boxes to spawn? Without even having to stand inside the town for a second? What a brilliant idea!

If I understood well, the character would have to be in TC gear and asking NPCs around town would require more time than grabbing things from boxes. Also the items wouldn't be spawned all the time, so if you don't ask them for 2 days you still would have only a few cigs to take, etc. It would require people to walk around town not stand in some dark corner.

Personally I like it more than magical boxes.

But blueprints is overkill. It shouldn't be any high tier gear in my opinion, cheaper things which are used in PvP (super stims, cigs, cola, jet, money, ammo, maybe materials like junk).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:45:27 pm by JovankaB »

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 04:42:10 pm »

I like this idea, no more rushing the lootbox and leaving, it forces you to stick around and patrol the streets while collecting the loot, and like JovankaB said, its better all around.

Scientists: blueprints, upgrades

Tribute could be gathered every 30 mins per npc.

I want to comment on this real quick. There are only 1 scientist available in the TC towns, residing in Broken Hills, meaning it would be the only blueprint town. Could easily be spread out to include mechanics(Den, Gecko), drugdealers(Den), doctors(Gecko, Redding, BH), technicians(Gecko, BH), mine personell(Redding, BH).

That way you could have a few sources of blueprints from each of the TC towns but Klamath and Modoc.

Could also specialize the different groups to give blueprints in their area of expertize, docs give medical blueprints, drugdealers give drug bp's, mine personell explosive bp's, techs ew related prints, mechanics deals in weapon blueprints.

Kind of worried market would get overflowed with blueprints though, so maybe restrict to 1 blueprint every 24 hrs from each town, meaning for example you hold BH, so you can pick 1 out of 4 guys to try and get *that* specific bp you want.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -

avv

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 04:47:47 pm »

I want to comment on this real quick. There are only 1 scientist available in the TC towns, residing in Broken Hills, meaning it would be the only blueprint town. Could easily be spread out to include mechanics(Den, Gecko), drugdealers(Den), doctors(Gecko, Redding, BH), technicians(Gecko, BH), mine personell(Redding, BH).

Nothing prevents us from adding some new scientists and whatever npcs in towns.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 05:00:00 pm »

It would require people to walk around town not stand in some dark corner.

Have a reason to be inside the city, risk something and more effort required to gain items from TC spending more time in city.

Just win-win and win.

I say fuck domination, better do this. :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:02:40 pm by T-888 »

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 05:04:53 pm »

Nothing prevents us from adding some new scientists and whatever npcs in towns.
Precisely.

I think we should add an armorer to every TC town and make him spawn some cool armors every 30 minutes and while we're at it, also a merc handler that will allow us to "hire" his mercs for free! Who's with me?

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 05:22:16 pm »

It raises another interesting thread. The vulnerability of those npcs.

On one hand, they shouldn't be too easy to kill or take too much time to respawn. (otherwise, the ennemy would endlessly kill them, and no loot for the weaker faction)
On the other hand, they shouldn't be immortals. (There would be non challenge to protect them if that so...)

avv

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 05:24:57 pm »

It raises another interesting thread. The vulnerability of those npcs.

On one hand, they shouldn't be too easy to kill or take too much time to respawn. (otherwise, the ennemy would endlessly kill them, and no loot for the weaker faction)
On the other hand, they shouldn't be immortals. (There would be non challenge to protect them if that so...)

If there's enemies killing those npc, just go and kill them. Most npcs respawn in 10 minutes anyway. What needs fixing is the way npcs get aggro and that was mentioned in another thread.

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 07:23:20 pm »

Sounds like a great idea.

As far as the blueprints go, I don't feel they should be guaranteed.  Instead of one from an NPC at a specific interval, maybe random chance.

And in regards to other people killing the town NPC's - well, if you control the town, it's your job to protect them, right?

It's already bad enough that you can "hold" the town once the timer is finished, as long as no other faction takes it.  I see nothing wrong with any feature that promotes actually HOLDING the town, spend the time in it, protect it.

I always felt that looting the TC box, then evacuating town was poor form, anyway.  I never liked doing it.
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 09:36:08 pm »

I support this idea.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 24 queries.