Author Topic: Vehicle Trunks  (Read 3990 times)

Offline Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
Vehicle Trunks
« on: July 24, 2012, 02:12:35 pm »
Any ideas on How we would go about Adding Trunks to the back of Vehicles? Im Completely Stumped on how I would Achieve this. Thanks in Advance ^-^
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Offline codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
Re: Vehicle Trunks
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 08:55:46 pm »
There was a tutorial either on FOnline.ru, or the Polish site. I'll look for it when I get home (on my phone)

Offline Mr Feltzer

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 08:07:39 am »
There was a tutorial either on FOnline.ru, or the Polish site. I'll look for it when I get home (on my phone)

3 Days now *Cough*

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 09:14:02 pm »

Offline codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 10:32:09 pm »
Ahh, my apologies. I got distracted.

That's the one though.

Offline Mr Feltzer

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 02:56:45 am »
All those Links on the Post are Broken.. And from what I have read multiple times, I cannot implement trunks without whatever is on those links.. -_-

JovankaB

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 03:35:24 am »
From what I can see One link is just example trunk graphics with 99% transparency. Other one is legend showing how to "walk" from hex with car to hex with trunk. You just use numbers representing directions to move by a hex, eg MiscEx.Car.Bag_0=333. Similar you do with blockers: MiscEx.Car.Blocks=4132221152012201511121034151312141 but in this case numbers are in format [direction, distance]. It starts from car hex again.

Offline Mr Feltzer

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 06:24:29 am »
From what I can see One link is just example trunk graphics with 99% transparency. Other one is legend showing how to "walk" from hex with car to hex with trunk. You just use numbers representing directions to move by a hex, eg MiscEx.Car.Bag_0=333. Similar you do with blockers: MiscEx.Car.Blocks=4132221152012201511121034151312141 but in this case numbers are in format [direction, distance]. It starts from car hex again.

The Whole Concept of the Trunk still feels very strange to me.

The Alignment of the Graphics is understandable. but how do we actually automate the trunk being on the back of a vehicle? O_O

JovankaB

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 09:14:44 am »
that's what the steps are for from what I understand. It tells on what hex is the trunk.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 09:34:49 am »
You also have to take care of the correct hex position. If you put the trunk on the wrong hex, with bad graphic offsets, it is possible that it will be created *under* the true vehicle graphic. In this case, you won't be able to use the trunk.

Offline Mr Feltzer

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 12:59:00 pm »
I understand the Positioning of a Trunk ect.

From what you appear to be saying. if the Trunk is on the exact position where it should be will it simply "stick" to a vehicle?

Im Really Confused as to what Code or Whatever needs to be written so a Trunk will be automatically on the back of a vehicle.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 02:50:14 pm »
There is no code that needs to be written. The trunk is nothing else than a container item, and you attach it to the vehicle with "ChildPid_0=x" in the proto file. That's all.