"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 10:49:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Go all out on Lockpick or spend some on traps?  (Read 2339 times)

Re: Go all out on Lockpick or spend some on traps?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 05:12:48 am »

but luck isnt working right now with the amount of BPs u will find , i have a 10 luck lockpicker and i even found lesser bps then other guys i think some time and many people have confirmed that u even find BPs with only 1 luck so i think luck doesnt matter at the end of the day when it comes down for BP hunts
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 05:29:34 am »

Real men yell and threat lockers until they crack open.
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 10:46:00 am »

It seems there are time windows when you can find bp. Which is why you can find 2 in a few minutes of time and than nothing for hours.
If I remember correctly someone mentioned that the treasure hunter perk gives a bigger chance on finding a bp. Not sure if this is true.
Perhaps luck influences the other items you can find in lockers, but I doubt it.

Luck is good for lockpickers if you also want to find fcc.

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 06:28:35 pm »

I've noticed the same thing Hertog said in regards to "windows", and avv posted some good info in a thread a while back essentially saying the same thing.

I've got too many lockpickers, with 1 LK, 10 LK, treasure hunter, no treasure hunter, etc. What I noticed while BP hunting with dual log is that 9 times out of 10, when one character finds a BP, the other one finds one within a minute or two. I also noticed this in FOnline IRC rooms, people seem to find BP's at the same time as well.

I have one char with 300 lockpock and treasure hunter, and one with 150 lockpick and no treasure hunter - neither seems to have an advantage over the other. We seem to be at the mercy of the server script, instead of our builds.

So anymore my advice to lockpickers is regardless of your build, methods, or hunting grounds, the most important thing is to find as many encounters as possible, and open as many boxes as possible. It's purely a numbers game.

It doesn't matter how you deal with traps either, just as long as you get through them alive. Just get to the box.

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 09:49:05 pm »

It seems there are time windows when you can find bp. Which is why you can find 2 in a few minutes of time and than nothing for hours.
If I remember correctly someone mentioned that the treasure hunter perk gives a bigger chance on finding a bp. Not sure if this is true.
Perhaps luck influences the other items you can find in lockers, but I doubt it.

Luck is good for lockpickers if you also want to find fcc.

The treasure hunter support perk is bugged as of June 2012 is what I've been told...

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Kool-Aid

• Unjustfully banned
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 03:26:08 pm »

bawww my build is great !!
No less that I could expect from a gorgon minion. Dude , I was trying to keep it as formal as possible. But now that you reacted so exaggerated, It's even more fun for me telling you that your build is HORRIBLE. Normally that would be it, but I'm bored atm and I see you could use a longer description.
Your whole build and response drips with naivety . Yes, 9ag sounds badly misplaced because you don't want to waste nuka on a freakin bp hunter, huh, even less someone who is new and can't even afford tons of it, huh. I can tell you from fast shot that it's obviously a TB alt. Very time intensive, RT during treasure hunting is much easier and faster to handle, a personal thing so you can disregard this. Nevertheless a fast shooter who wants to be effective needs as much AP as possible. Why do you take 8 endurance and three lifegivers for a TB alt who mostly fights in ruins ? Ever heard of cover ? Why skilled if 10 Int could be enough ? Questions over questions. Drugy bp hunter, lol made my day. Is that a new RP idea ?
It's nice though that you accepted how useless SaP with 1 luck is. And yes, this one perk is a big deal, it shows your lack of knowledge, also that you want to replace this useless perk to an even more useless perk. The first thing that came to your mind for TB is earlier sequence. Very sad.
You just disregard like the best TB perk ever. I won't tell you , so keep guessing.
but at the end of the day its a good PvE Lockpicker with a P90.....
and with 300LP skill u dont have to craft lockpicks all the time u can easy go in bluesuit for bps ...
lol, p90. On treasure hunt. More stuff that newbs can easily get and experiment with.
So, like most said, it doesn't make much difference if you're having 250 or 300 or whatever lp, you don't rely on lockpicks. I just wonder how you want to fight off any npcs that comes across while being bluesuit. Running ? Have fun if you fail on the first lockpick try. And whats the use of tagging sg then if you go ungeared? Take bg for leveling.

You might think It's be a good alt for your own personal play style, but its a bad alt for suggesting it to newbs or people without enough treasure hunting experience.  Tho in any way, I find that build terribad, even my gambler has is better built then this.

Don't try with 'do it yourself then' stuff. I have lockpicker alts that are pretty good and can possibly pve too. I might share it with someone who has the willingness to learn and accept critizism (PM). I won't share it with the likes of you tho. Send me some pms and QQ about it.

Now this is somebody you can refer to and ask stuff. Signed.
Go to Hell, infidel
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 01:20:12 am »

lol ur avatar says all abouzt u man go and give them some crazy builds man u are the G.O.A.T. maaan

i can easily go alone to the glow with my picker :P

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 05:17:39 am »

They fixed the Treasure Hunter support perk yesterday with the 19/7/12 update...

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.