"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 10:47:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Go all out on Lockpick or spend some on traps?  (Read 2338 times)

Go all out on Lockpick or spend some on traps?
« on: July 16, 2012, 11:41:30 am »

I,m level 19 with my BP guy right now and i have two choises. Either i go for 246 Lockpick and 56 Traps. Or i go for  230 Lockpick and 126 Traps. What do you guys think? i just want to know if its worth sacrificing the last 16 points i lockpick to get a decent trap skill? I have traps taged by "mistake".

And also. Will i be able to disable most traps with 126? Do the demolition expert perk help with disabling the traps?
Re: Go all out on Lockpick or spend some on traps?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 11:52:08 am »

i'd go with 230 lp and 126 traps. more safer if box is surrounded by traps. also 230% is same chance to open box as 246%
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 11:59:37 am »

also 230% is same chance to open box as 246%

In your opinion. 14% difference isn't much, so i'd say 120% traps, though you will probably still fail on them a bit.

I heard Light Step can help with disabling traps, i've never used it though.
Everything must change.

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 12:13:41 pm »

I run around with 200 lockpick and 106 traps, and might find 1 out of 10 I cannot pick, also, traps usually isnt a problem. Got light step which aids if you accidentially steps on a mine.

So go with 230 lp and 126 traps, bring a lockpick set and you'll be alright.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 12:28:55 pm »

Thx for the advice guys. Im gonna go for traps 126.

Btw, with lockpick, is there any "break points"? Like, is it more diference betwen 199>200 then 200>201?
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 01:02:06 pm »

Btw, with lockpick, is there any "break points"? Like, is it more diference betwen 199>200 then 200>201?

More skillpoints increase your % chance to open a locker, depending on it's difficulty, there are no breaking points.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 01:24:26 pm »

More skillpoints increase your % chance to open a locker, depending on it's difficulty, there are no breaking points.

Thx, Good to know
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 02:56:21 pm »

I assume this is your dedicated BP hunter alt and you are going for higher lockpick skill in the end? The level cap is at 24, not 20, so these are not your last skill points unless you have some other plans for the sp you'll gain later. My point is, if you make a lockpicker, make it a 300% char if possible. You'll want to open as many lockers as possible in order to make BP farming as efficient as possible. Also, tagging traps is not a bad idea. Bear traps are annoying and mines can be deadly, especially if you have low HP.

In my opinion you should spend some skill points on traps skill. My lvl 18 char currently has lockpick 269% and traps 65%. He has quite a lot of hitpoints, so I can try to disarm the traps (fails often) or just step on one and then heal.  In the end he'll have lockpick 300% and traps 155%. That doesn't leave much sp for anything else, but I got unarmed to 100%, which is enough to kill ants and radscorpions in zone 19:0 where I farm footlockers. I have noticed that recently I have found way more blueprints than before, most likely due to being able to lockpick even more footlockers, not just finding more lockers that contain blueprints. This change occurred after around 240% IIRC and I can't wait to reach 300%. At 300% only trollboxes cannot be picked.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 03:36:55 pm »

I assume this is your dedicated BP hunter alt and you are going for higher lockpick skill in the end? The level cap is at 24, not 20, so these are not your last skill points unless you have some other plans for the sp you'll gain later. My point is, if you make a lockpicker, make it a 300% char if possible. You'll want to open as many lockers as possible in order to make BP farming as efficient as possible. Also, tagging traps is not a bad idea. Bear traps are annoying and mines can be deadly, especially if you have low HP.

In my opinion you should spend some skill points on traps skill. My lvl 18 char currently has lockpick 269% and traps 65%. He has quite a lot of hitpoints, so I can try to disarm the traps (fails often) or just step on one and then heal.  In the end he'll have lockpick 300% and traps 155%. That doesn't leave much sp for anything else, but I got unarmed to 100%, which is enough to kill ants and radscorpions in zone 19:0 where I farm footlockers. I have noticed that recently I have found way more blueprints than before, most likely due to being able to lockpick even more footlockers, not just finding more lockers that contain blueprints. This change occurred after around 240% IIRC and I can't wait to reach 300%. At 300% only trollboxes cannot be picked.

Yea i know about the level cap. Thing is, i put a lot in to SG because i wanted a bp-hunter that could also take care of some business. The skillpoints is calculated on what i will be able to reach when im 24. But thanks for the advice! I guess that if i could reset the char i would spec it like yours.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 04:13:05 pm »

just make some skilled HH Lockpick char or an BG Lockpcikchar with flamer u can easily get ur lockpickskill to 300 if u know how but i would go with HH its cheap and easy to lvl

SG Lockpicker
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:35:30 pm by FrankenStone »

Vilgefortz

• not playing but still loving this game :)
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 05:51:30 pm »

276 skill + lockpickset should be enough. Btw lockpicker with supertoolkit can be more  profitable ;)

Kool-Aid

• Unjustfully banned
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 06:01:30 pm »

SG Lockpicker
Nice Trollbuild.
You realize that SaP is useless on an alt with 1% crit chance ?
 Also those 9 agility look kinda misplaced.
Pretty hilarious the creator even dared to name himself without bursting into the holy flames of shame. Typical cheesy stuff.

Generally speaking, I can't agree on the 300% lp thing either. For first, most people agree that most lockers can be picked on max. fifth try even with 250% and less LP, unless its one of those trollchests. Heck even a 300% lp skill doesn't guarantee a success on first or second try.
Second, for this particular case, if you already rely on a geared lockpicker (which I deduct from SG tagged), you can as well take 275% and lockpicks, putting you efficiently on 300%, if you really desire to have that much.

Gotta admit I have to chuckle at everybody suggesting putting traps so high, instead of putting it into some not-so-obvious, but much better skill.
Go to Hell, infidel

Vilgefortz

• not playing but still loving this game :)
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 10:30:29 pm »

More skill points dont incerase yours chance to open locker
There are only two possibilities : you open if yours skill is enough, you fail if its not
there is 5% to fail even if yours skill is enough.
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 10:57:20 pm »

Nice Trollbuild.
You realize that SaP is useless on an alt with 1% crit chance ?
 Also those 9 agility look kinda misplaced.
Pretty hilarious the creator even dared to name himself without bursting into the holy flames of shame. Typical cheesy stuff.

Generally speaking, I can't agree on the 300% lp thing either. For first, most people agree that most lockers can be picked on max. fifth try even with 250% and less LP, unless its one of those trollchests. Heck even a 300% lp skill doesn't guarantee a success on first or second try.
Second, for this particular case, if you already rely on a geared lockpicker (which I deduct from SG tagged), you can as well take 275% and lockpicks, putting you efficiently on 300%, if you really desire to have that much.

Gotta admit I have to chuckle at everybody suggesting putting traps so high, instead of putting it into some not-so-obvious, but much better skill.

9aps sounds displaced huh then go and make a better lockpickalt , lame ass ... ok on that SaP maybe u are right but at the end it doesnt matter u can choose an other perk if u wish but at the end of the day its a good PvE Lockpicker with a P90 in my opinion u can even take this build for TB hunts if u wish then replace that perk with earlier sequence or so , and only drugs u are in need of are cigs and nuka . ima think its a good build  :P

and with 300LP skill u dont have to craft lockpicks all the time u can easy go in bluesuit for bps ...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:01:08 pm by FrankenStone »

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 02:32:35 pm »

I've hunted many bp. This is the tumbler build i would use if i was starting a new guy: http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Tumbler_250

(But don't get Treasure Hunter until they fix it.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:19:09 am by Marko »
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.