"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 12:16:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: how do i gather fibers? and where can i find it?  (Read 3306 times)

how do i gather fibers? and where can i find it?
« on: March 14, 2010, 07:27:13 pm »

This may be a dum question but how do i gather fibers? and where can i find it?  :-\

A. Jambot

• You again, come to see Victor.
Re: how do i gather fibers? and where can i find it?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 07:31:51 pm »

You need a knife, as well as i think 40% outdoorsman;

And you can find fiber plants on random encounters on the world map;

just use the knife on orange plants, in desert squares.

I think around Vault City is a good place for fibers... but be careful;

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 07:37:08 pm »

Yeah it is random. Location doesn't matter I think. However, there is no "use on" button for a knife, so you have to hold-left-click the orange plant, go to your inventiory, and click on either a regular Knife or a Combat Knife. Also, the 130K base has fiber plants, if you ever get the money.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 07:42:32 pm »

i have noticed this game is very hard to beginners. some how i have managed to get to lvl 3. currently im trying to get hide so i can make a tent. i got two hides from an encounter then i got killed in my next encounter by an npc called killMe.....

i hope it gets better i really love the idea of a fallout MMO....

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 07:44:36 pm »

This may be a dum question but how do i gather fibers? and where can i find it?  :-\

noobs start checking wiki, everything is written there http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Fibers
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 08:59:25 pm »

im following the damn wiki

got 4 cow skins than a fucking cunt joins my encounter and kills me.....

this game is starting to piss me off....

:(
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 08:27:26 pm »

In the wiki it says "grey places around Necropolis". Well I spent my actual "2 hours" wandering in those areas but couldn't find a single plant. Either I'm too unlucky or wiki is false, but I know that plant is not that rare, I saw it in random ancounters everywhere before.
So I went all the way up north to the only guaranteed place to have them, the hunting grounds in Klamath.

Btw, about your Brahmin Hide crisis, I recommend you to check the vendors from time to time instead of a hunting run. Sometimes more isolated ones (like the vendors in Modoc or Vault City) has more than 10 hides in their stock. You can have 10 of them for 4-5 alloys.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 09:32:32 pm »

you don't have to "wander around" leave the map you entered and then just click on the green triangle again, it will change the map usually. Easy enough to find fiber plants that way.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 08:57:30 am »

there is an orange plant in Klamath at hunting grounds

is usualy quiet in the hunting grounds
oups
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 10:14:29 pm »

im following the damn wiki

got 4 cow skins than a fucking cunt joins my encounter and kills me.....

this game is starting to piss me off....

:(

just save up 1000 caps and go to NCR and spam ".s WTB Brahmin Hides". You'll get them soon enough.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 01:10:00 pm »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=4308.0

at the "Be a vegetarian" section

tiagop

• To Protect and Serve the Bluesuits
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 01:18:29 pm »

The best place to find the orange plant is in the mountains north of NCR.
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 08:43:43 pm »

kertins, people are going to kill you every chance they get-- deal with it. My advice, and I'm new, earn your first few levels doing quests and working. Then just start killing stuff. You will most likely die from a pack of scorpions, but most likely you will take a couple out-- respawn and repeat. With a few levels you can get the hides for a tent easy. I'm level 7 and am just running around in a blue suit killing things with my fists until I reach a few more levels.

Works for me-- and I just shrug it off and laugh if someone wastes bullets killing me because they are not getting anything from it but less ammo for themselves. Already had one PK complain to me after killing me a few times about the fact that I don't carry anything. Dude honestly said I was "messing up the game" because I did not have anything for him to take. lol

If you are running around with metal armor and a decent gun someone is just going to track you down and kill you if you are low level. So offer them nothing but wasted bullets.

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 08:58:14 pm »

Looking for fiber plants in random encounters is too frustrating. Just use the dependable fiber plants in Klamath and Modoc. Modoc also has good stores so you can usually exchange your rope for 10 brahmin hides/1100 caps every 20 minutes. Just watch out for pkers in Modoc. When I was new, I also tried looking around necropolis/NCR for fiber and never found any. Maybe I should have updated the wiki for others? :P
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 07:38:38 pm »

if you are looking for hide check the zones:
31:8, 30:8, 30:9, 30:8
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 18 queries.